Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crafting grade 34 modifications is not worth it.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Crafting grade 34 modifications is not worth it.

psandak
05.12.2014 , 07:33 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Storm-Cutter View Post
True the cost of mats is high for crafting this high-end gear. And there are imbalances. It never was going to be a completely level playing field. - And mk-9 augs kits are about 60-70K each. - peanuts to Lev 55s.

I agree with all the above posters up to that point.

But OP, If you are crafting with mats worth 1.5 million (-ish) - less if relying on drops. - WHY are the prices for the items (mods/hilts/barrels/ears/relics etc,) 3-4.5 million on the GTN (at least on my Server) - You're making 2.5 million per piece. Say you craft 3-4 per week, plus doubles for crits..... Mats come as drops - so free-ish.....+ rewards from Ops. Thats easily 10 Million a week. - What are you spending 10 million a week on?
Two reasons:
#1 and more importantly buyers are willing to buy at those prices. Simply put, the GTN is a buyers market. YES, sellers try to make as much money as they can, but if buyers don't buy then the value comes down until they do. And I have a GREAT example with grade 34 stuff: I had one Aptitude Mod 34 and there were NONE on the GTN. I posted it at 5 million, no one bought. The next day there were a handful more in the 4.5 million range. I undercut by a very little bit...no one bought. The next day the same handful but now in the 4.2 million range...no one bought. This went on UNTIL the value came down to the 2.9 million range and my one mod finally sold. In the scenario there are two possibilities for the lack of demand: a) no one needed a Willpower/Power Mod as they are relatively easy to acquire (belts and bracers: 80 comms), b) players wanted them but balked at the high value; they decided they would rather work to get the 80 comms than spend more than 3 million credits.

#2, while acquisition of schematics is easy - Acquire an item, pray to the RNG gods, RE the item - the resources required to get the schematic are substantial. If we assume that the RNG numbers work out - that on average it will take five attempts to get one schematic - that means that the player trying to get a schematic has to get five of the item in question. That is a large investment of time and/or credits. The question is how much are those resources worth? That is purely up to each individual.
Probability 101
The Harbinger, Ortzid Legacy
Dalkery - Sawbones, Car'beerd - Jedi Guardian,
Blairnah - Jedi Sage, Ulunnes - Commando

Alec_Fortescue
05.12.2014 , 09:55 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
Maybe YOU cannot afford those prices but there are PLENTY who can.
I have 300 million, I don't care. Lol @ you. My server is poor and I can't help it. You're very lucky to be able to sell enhancements for over 2 million on your own servers. :[
Sig removed so Bioware adds "them" faster. kthxbai.