Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ninja Looters and all their excuses

Rasen
04.30.2014 , 11:49 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Memo- View Post
Hey, I answered your question too! So it's kinda 50/50, hanging in the balance.

My mom is 52 tho.
HOW DARE YOU!!! Mothers don't have ages unless it is 26 when speaking to other kids' daddies.

On topic:

Many ninja looters feign ignorance. One guy the other day needed on an aim shield and he was a Jedi Guardian. When confronted he said the endurance stats were better than what he had on now. *facepalm*

Cox_The_Beast
05.01.2014 , 06:38 AM | #22
Many Ninja Looters I found were on low lvl FP, luckily, so no real big deal about the gear they got - unless I want it for aesthetics. Anyway, most were new players quite clueless about the statistics and gear, so I usually gave them a brief explanation - using my high levels as templates if I have the proper class, or directing them to guides like Dulfy (great ones there, btw ) so they can see a little about high lvl gear and how to gear properly. Some times that makes them do things properly, needing only on stuff they can use themselves, or at least asking if noone needs on something, if they can Need for their comps.
There are bads too though, who just don't care about others - "run this again buddy, I got it and I keep it" is the answer I get from them most of the times - and that will enter my Ignore List after the run. If they need on something not for them, I may need myself and trade it to the player who has a use for it, after asking the guy if he/she's F2P, since they simply can't trade...
"Saviour, conqueror, hero, villain. You were all these things, Revan... and yet you are nothing. In the end you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."
Darth Malak to Revan on the Leviathan.

Sorei
05.01.2014 , 10:31 AM | #23
I once hat a ninja looter who said: I am able to roll need, therefore I roll need.

Of course he kept doing it. When we vote kicked him he stated we were childish. Well, I wonder who is more childish, the person who can't behave according to social standards or those wo can?

Kyanzes
05.03.2014 , 08:55 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by DawnAskham View Post
I've had those groups where someone is being an @sshat and hitting Need on everything while being annoying and bullying to the group and even when tactfully called on it, the others in the group won't vote to kick or will just take the abuse and not say or do a thing.

Maybe they are scared of bullies or something, but me, I don't put up with that kind of crap.

I will kick these types of people as well as I have no problems dropping a group with one of them and adding them to my ignore list (luckily it doesn't happen often or I'd overwhelm my ignore lists, and for the @sshats like the greedy Need everything types, I also add them to all my characters).
Perhaps they just want the FP done. If you kick a player (especially a tank or healer) you may have to wait around unless it's a tactical FP. Actually, for old FP sometimes you have to wait around even if you are missing a DPS.

Tresian
05.03.2014 , 12:31 PM | #25
Easy fix to ninja looters, don't run in random ques. Get with a group of friends and do the content with them. With the way the loot system is in this game, that is the only way to guarantee against ninja looters.

EranofArcadia
05.03.2014 , 12:34 PM | #26
I hit Need if it's useful, Greed if it looks cool or can be given to a companion, and Pass otherwise. And if someone else Needs and gets it, whatever. I don't even pay attention to that.

Also, my mother is 57. The soon-to-be-mother of my soon-to-be-born daughter is 29.

Dragen
05.04.2014 , 11:11 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Tresian View Post
Easy fix to ninja looters, don't run in random ques. Get with a group of friends and do the content with them. With the way the loot system is in this game, that is the only way to guarantee against ninja looters.
Yes agree..unfortunately this is the best recommended way to avoid F2P accidental or intentional Ninja Looters or even Subbers or Preferred status Ninja Looters. I was in Foundry Flashpoint with my Cathar Agent few days ago and ofc one member had to be F2P and he didn't speak anything "yeah surprise as who does in these days as they just see bling bling xp in their eyes and use sprint to run from place A to B" and looted helmet that would be useful for Agent and not him "Sith Marauder".

I asked to trade it and when noticed he's F2P and can't trade i voted for kick as by the time of lvl 39 u should know ur class Attribs. and know to avoid missclick's when rolling for loot. "Espesially for being F2P and know that can't trade..unless he wanted to be a ninja and just get cash for selling it.." Others in grp denied the request for kick and then i refused to do anything and one member started to whine that come on lets go and calling me with names and so did other one..so pleasant Foundry trip upto before dear HK 47 encounter turned crap and added 3x ignore's to ignore list. Btw that reminds me that pls Bioware GIVE US Legacy WIDE Ignore list. Ty in advance.

So those baboons voted for kicking me from team and i left before that happened..
Conclusion: SO YES go with friends if have some and if possible or at start of FP trip ask if any Ninja looters present and or F2P'ers.

Friendly regards: Terry "Been subber from launch to this day and kept sub on even when went for break's"
http://raptr.com/badge/appendix/fs_pc.png

"Rattataki Jedi Sentinel @ Progenitor. In very active Republic Of Starlight Guild that has good website,TS3 & chilled people"

MCaliban
05.04.2014 , 09:08 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by stealthkitty View Post
After the person needs on everything, and a couple of the group members ask why they are needing, they say, oh sorry was an accident.
Then ask them to trade it to another group member who requires it. You can trade FP gear to another member of your group for 2 hours after you pick it up.
Better to be the tail of a dragon than the head of a lizard.

BobFredJohn
05.06.2014 , 06:37 AM | #29
I have my own solution, which is to take an attitude of "its only a game, who cares"

Though I do find people are extremely surprised with how I do things. I PASS on everything unless meets all these:
Aaptable or at the highest armour grade that character can wear
Moddable
Looks nice on my character

things like rep items, if I have full rep I click pass, KDY construction kits, i click pass

You will find if you stop pressing greed on everything people are alot more willing to trade stuff to you if you do lose (unlikely as pass increase your roll by a multiplyer, though usually 1 or 2 tenths but every little helps).
When Voltaire was on his death bead a priest told him to "renounce the devil". He responded "this is no time to be making enemies.
Everybody is entitled to their opinion. People are also entitled to ridicule your opinion if it is BS.

ItachiZaku
05.06.2014 , 12:15 PM | #30
This is a fairly touchy subject to some people.

1. My sarcasm is HIGH today, so take what I say with a gra... however the hell you want.

Ok, I've read before that higher end geared people will join groups for the sole purpose of rolling for alts. They figure that they helped kill the "X" and therefore, get full rights as anyone else.

Some people think that since something is an upgrade for their companion, that they "NEED" it and therefore need on it.

Now, there two above examples will generate a lot of debate. I LEAN against them, but I completely understand the reasoning.

Here is my point, if the above two are acceptable, then my need rolling on something to vendor or put on the AH is just as acceptable, cuz I NEED that currency to purchase upgrades for MY MAIN toon - the one that is running the content. OR, an alt or companion, since people seem to think that is ok.
"Be careful Preston. You're treading on my dreams. "