Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Trooper and Smuggler or Imperial Agent and Bounty Hunter

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Trooper and Smuggler or Imperial Agent and Bounty Hunter

stormdrakelord
04.18.2014 , 02:13 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by DomiSotto View Post
For the male-female thing, I always look at the fist mentor, the crew and the antagonist. For me it was no question that a Smuggler is a girl, because her confrontations with the antagonists is so much more fun cross-gender.
truth is, Gender never plays a role in what I choose for a given character. I have tried all the classes, not just the trooper and smuggler. Those are just the only ones I can get into for some odd reason.
Han Solo: Great, kid. Don't get cocky.

SgtJeremy
04.18.2014 , 02:38 PM | #12
For my legacy I have a Consular and Inquisitor twi'leks that are sisters. Makes for an interesting story. And this is all preference, if you want Trooper/smuggler get er done, want IA and Bounty Hunter, do that. There's only so much we can dissect about you through your post. better off just deciding which route fits you best.
"A man who won't die for something is not fit to live."
"Victory at all costs, Victory inspite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, their is no peace."
http://www.swtor.com/r/pqwT9F Ex sub looking for free stuff why not use this.

stormdrakelord
04.20.2014 , 12:50 PM | #13
Might make all four, so who knows.

If I do make a Mercenary and an Operative, which specs should I go with?

DomiSotto
04.22.2014 , 02:19 PM | #14
I really like Sniper on my IA, just something hugely cool playing someone with a deadly patience after a Gunslinger with DF and her crazy, flashy, into your face style. I went to Korriban with her to baby-sit a baby Sith Inq once, and picking out Sith apprentices among all those tacky purple lightning and red glows was one hell of a rampage (I am sure I will see purple lighting differently when I am playing my SI). I only get 16 levels on her yet, she is my phase 2 char (I run them in threes). My BH is a baby, so can't really contribute, sorry. I am tanking her though. A Big Tanky Cougar... yay!

stormdrakelord
04.22.2014 , 06:21 PM | #15
I really like Sniper on my IA, just something hugely cool playing someone with a deadly patience after a Gunslinger with DF and her crazy, flashy, into your face style. I went to Korriban with her to baby-sit a baby Sith Inq once, and picking out Sith apprentices among all those tacky purple lightning and red glows was one hell of a rampage (I am sure I will see purple lighting differently when I am playing my SI). I only get 16 levels on her yet, she is my phase 2 char (I run them in threes). My BH is a baby, so can't really contribute, sorry. I am tanking her though. A Big Tanky Cougar... yay!
Well, I already have a gunslinger smuggler, so an operative agent just made sense. And a merc is just for the opposite of the vanguard.

DomiSotto
04.23.2014 , 08:25 AM | #16
So, have you started playing yet?! Come on, the people want to know! Well, I do!

stormdrakelord
04.23.2014 , 10:58 AM | #17
So, have you started playing yet?! Come on, the people want to know! Well, I do!
I have my smuggler on Taris (Right after the prologue), and the trooper is still on Coruscant (likely misspelled). still debating on the BH and IA.

DomiSotto
04.23.2014 , 12:46 PM | #18
Nope, you got Coruscant right IA > BH, both story and play. Unless you are fond of big canons

stormdrakelord
04.24.2014 , 08:44 PM | #19
Nope, you got Coruscant right IA > BH, both story and play. Unless you are fond of big canons
I know about the agent storyline being better than the BH's. I just have a problem playing the Empire side unless it is sith. And even then, it is difficult to beat the fun I have as a smuggler and a female trooper.

DomiSotto
04.25.2014 , 11:20 AM | #20
I am not a big fan of the Imp side either, but I find it more rewarding to play an LS character on the Imp side, actually, because the way Bio structures its encounters, it seems it wants the player to make tough choices against the expected alignment. In other words, you will face really awesome LS options on the Imp side (tempting you to go against DS) and crappy DS choices (no grandeur, no intelligence or cunning, just stupid base desires), and remarkably crappy LS choices on the Pub side, where DS is actually sexy (like killing off complete and utter abominations, or generally Chaotic choices). LS Imp gets to be noble, brave, practical, honorable... That's why I like playing a good person in the Empire, taking a guise of a romanticized Royalist that you do encounter historically from time to time.