Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How do i cancel my Subscription?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
How do i cancel my Subscription?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ellif
11.23.2012 , 06:00 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
So, we're no longer allowed to cancel via the website anymore? Why?

Edit: Before people yell at me, the cancel button does show up under my account, but then I'm just a lucky sod.
I would have at least expected a acknowledgement of a possible bug and it being looked into by the website team from them.
The true quarry of any great adventurer is the undiscovered territory of their own soul

Tatile
11.23.2012 , 06:02 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Ellif View Post
I would have at least expected a acknowledgement of a possible bug and it being looked into by the website team from them.
Considering the issues that are currently being had by phone support (and the fact that phone calls suck anyway), I'm surprised that that was the supposed "answer" to this issue.

Though I guess if the OP had submitted a ticket he'd be waiting two weeks only be told that HK-51 does indeed occasionally come without gear.

Anarchistic
11.23.2012 , 06:15 AM | #13
One way to cancel your subscription may be to ask you bank (credit card provider) to stop payments to Star Wars, just a thought.

Laiham
11.23.2012 , 07:46 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Ellif View Post
In the interest of truth I troubleshooted (troubleshot?) this myself.

I had an active recurring sub set up: "Cancel your subscription" link visible.
I cancelled the recurring sub but still have days left: No "Cancel" link.
I reactivated the recurring sub and checked: "Cancel your subscription" link visible.
"So that's it. You've grown a moustache!"
- Darth Vader

NvyNuc
03.02.2014 , 05:04 PM | #15
my fiancee and i just got subs a lil bit ago, at the VERY bottom of the page there is a cancel sub link there
Tynarth

Karkais
03.02.2014 , 05:36 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by NvyNuc View Post
my fiancee and i just got subs a lil bit ago, at the VERY bottom of the page there is a cancel sub link there
Yep its moved down on the page so you might actually need to scroll to see it.
"Lieutenant, be advised that your weapon will require several decades of sustained fire
in order to penetrate my shields at their current charge... Good luck!"
- M1-4X

IcequellSith
04.22.2014 , 07:45 AM | #17
please take note, it is a legal requirement for there to be a cancel monthly retainer from a website by international law. Please do so or i will being legal action.

Please take note that i have started legal steps to make a claim against your company for breach of contract based on the fact you are billing thousands of people including myself that are unable to play the game because your launcher does not work

OwenBrooks
04.22.2014 , 07:56 AM | #18
Ahh another international lawyer , god bless them they are everywhere

Log into your account and click here - https://account.swtor.com/user/subscription/cancel

My launcher works fine , if you want help you can try asking nicely
Did you try what I posted
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
If you continually get this error - disable bitraider - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=673714 it is a new install but a upfront pain for long term gain is worthwhile.

badshadowknight
05.06.2014 , 04:30 PM | #19
https://account.swtor.com/user/subscription at the very bottom it has a cancel subscription

Sythul
06.08.2014 , 01:09 PM | #20
I had the same problem and I think I have a grasp of the situation.

If you bought a 60-day non-recurring you do not have the cancel even though the first page shows you as a subscriber. You can check your purchase history. If you bought a recurring then you do have the cancel button.

Myself, I bought the non-recurring just to see if things were better and decided I did not want to go recurring. Even though my non-recurring account was about to run out of days I did not feel confident that I would not be billed again so I followed the cancelled link provided a post or two earlier.