Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stuck at Loading Screen after Launcher "Play"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Stuck at Loading Screen after Launcher "Play"
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Faeratic
01.08.2013 , 06:58 PM | #41
Hey guess what, I got it to work. My decimal symbol setting in Windows was set to "," for a project I was working on ages ago. Changing it back to "." has caused my client to function properly. How freaking obscure.

Thanks for all the help folks! I guess if anybody stumbles upon this thread while looking for a solution in the future, they now have a lot of different things they can try, all in one place!

OwenBrooks
01.08.2013 , 07:14 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Faeratic View Post
Hey guess what, I got it to work. My decimal symbol setting in Windows was set to "," for a project I was working on ages ago. Changing it back to "." has caused my client to function properly. How freaking obscure.

Thanks for all the help folks! I guess if anybody stumbles upon this thread while looking for a solution in the future, they now have a lot of different things they can try, all in one place!
On the one hand thats great news Faeratic, on the other wow that is obscure, Still it is great to know you got it working.

dingwog
01.08.2013 , 11:06 PM | #43
I am having this exact same issue. What do you mean changing decimal symbol back worked? I have a Win8 machine too and after this last patch, my game is stuck at Jedi Knight loading wallpaper.

Faeratic
01.08.2013 , 11:19 PM | #44
It likely won't work for you unless you've changed your decimal symbol settings before, or are set up for UK/European PC usage with a NA client, but here we go:
  1. Winkey+X
  2. Control Panel
  3. Clock/Language/Region
  4. Change date/time/number formats
  5. Additional settings

Make sure your decimal symbol is set to "." and your digit grouping symbol is set to ",". I'd think that if your client worked fine before the patch and is having issues now, it might be something else at play. Certainly worth a try though!

Packetdancer
01.09.2013 , 02:26 PM | #45
It likely won't work for you unless you've changed your decimal symbol settings before, or are set up for UK/European PC usage with a NA client, but here we go:
Ugh... this actually happened back in beta, but I thought it was fixed not too long after launch. The issue during the beta era was specifically if your language/region settings didn't match (i.e., using US english with UK formats), it could (but wouldn't always) cause the server list to break. This sounds like the same thing.

As Owen says, glad you got things working, and at least now it's a new data point (or the revival of an old one).
Pahke Stardancer (Jedi Sentinel, Save Taris) / Random CS Forum Participant
Writer, photographer, software engineer, GAMER.

docTOR: SWTOR Launcher Troubleshooting Guide

Helgrave
07.10.2013 , 11:54 AM | #46

This did the trick for me as well!

10.000 Internets to you good Sir! Thank you!
<-- Does this make me cool?

Skyrill
10.12.2013 , 02:56 PM | #47
just happened to me, the clock format thing fixed it fine...
thank you

karixx
01.02.2014 , 10:50 PM | #48
This happened to me. The clock repair didn't work. Deleting diskcachearena file from game folder/swtor/ worked a treat though.

Lunazen
01.18.2014 , 08:31 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by karixx View Post
This happened to me. The clock repair didn't work. Deleting diskcachearena file from game folder/swtor/ worked a treat though.
An interesting thread... though much of it was WAY over my head But the above tip worked for me. Thanks!
Squadron 367
**SWG Teras Kasi~Creature Handler 2003-2005**
**EQ2 Monk 2005-2011**

Stereond
04.22.2014 , 06:55 AM | #50
my clock is already set to what you suggest and deleting the file didnt help much either.. i was able to play just fine a couple of hours ago, but now i get that endless loading screen -.- nothing wrong with the loading screen the little icon in the corner is spinning as usual..