Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The new "support" ships are pointless right now.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
The new "support" ships are pointless right now.

Gavin_Kelvar
04.19.2014 , 02:23 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Applejacxs View Post
I fully admit after looking at the quell it would probly be better for this but i am having some success using my Imperium as a bomber/gunship hunter using photons. The its a great ship as well to assit a bomber in holding taking a a nod also.
I've been using thermites and they seem to be pretty good too. The shield/armor penetration effects plus DOT seems to be pretty powerful since they help you chew through their hull. IMO the shield/armor penetration are really big pluses since the Type 3s lack heavy cannons (while you can do serious damage to a bomber's hull with a proton you'll still need to bring down their shields before you can hurt them with quads so the shield penetration helps start damaging their hull why you bring down what remains of the shields, it also seems to stack well with co-pilot bypass; the armor penetration helps mitigate how much of your quad damage is absorbed by armor). The DOT seems to help counter any healing they attempt while you're still going through their shields.

They also function as a "support" missile since it helps increase the damage allied fighters do to the target's hull.

Zharik
04.19.2014 , 09:41 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Altheran View Post
I fear it would be redundant with Combat Command, actually. So at the moment I trying it with Running Interferences
So who says you have to run the system ability and the copilot ability at the same time? Stagger them and get a VERY long AOE buff.
<Alt-a-holic's Anonymous>
President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Member.

Altheran
04.20.2014 , 03:07 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Zharik View Post
So who says you have to run the system ability and the copilot ability at the same time? Stagger them and get a VERY long AOE buff.
Nope. Just that I'm not seeing much interest to have two buttons for the same purpose.
I don't really like to limit my capacities.

-Streven-
04.20.2014 , 09:22 AM | #34
I fear it would be redundant with Combat Command, actually. So at the moment I trying it with Running Interferences
I tried it out yesterday (combat command + wingman) 40% accuracy buff on light lasers is pretty intense. I now realize just how big an effect evasion is having. I actually enjoyed the spearpoint for the first time.
Ben-sindu Harbinger

Sidenti
04.20.2014 , 09:32 AM | #35
Nope. Just that I'm not seeing much interest to have two buttons for the same purpose.
I don't really like to limit my capacities.
o.O

...um, if you have a choice between two short-term buffs (the second of which is of unknown effectiveness) and combining two abilities to get one really long and useful buff?

The choice is pretty damned obvious, mang. -bp

Pilgrim_Grey
04.20.2014 , 11:08 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Sidenti View Post
o.O

...um, if you have a choice between two short-term buffs (the second of which is of unknown effectiveness) and combining two abilities to get one really long and useful buff?

The choice is pretty damned obvious, mang. -bp
Or you can have two buffs that do different things that you can fire at different times depending on the situation you are facing... both are pretty viable.
Ithyrn (Guardian), Malachais (Gunslinger), Ez'kiel (Commando)
Ithryn (Operative), Ithric (Juggernaut)
Shadowlands Server

Sidenti
04.20.2014 , 11:21 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Pilgrim_Grey View Post
Or you can have two buffs that do different things that you can fire at different times depending on the situation you are facing... both are pretty viable.
While I am a big fan of being as prepared as one can be, that doesn't always mean diversification. Accuracy is a highly important buff, and would be if all it did was help counter evasion builds. But more Accuracy means more damage, and more damage means more blowed-up piles of pilot. More blowed-up piles of pilot GENERALLY (but not always in Domination) translates to a team win.

Take, for example, a healbomber with Repair Drone and Hydrospanner. Sure, they're not killing much. But they just became ridiculously difficult to kill without a proper loadout, and even WITH a proper loadout (read: something to shut down that Drone) you've still got to contend with the Hydrospanner ability. In this instance, stacking is strategically important.

Fly how you want - I'm not here to tell you what to do by any means - but keep in mind that being ready for anything doesn't have to mean a crazy utility belt full of esoteric gadgets. Sometimes, it's just as simple as packin' two guns. -bp

Pilgrim_Grey
04.20.2014 , 06:38 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Sidenti View Post
Fly how you want - I'm not here to tell you what to do by any means - but keep in mind that being ready for anything doesn't have to mean a crazy utility belt full of esoteric gadgets. Sometimes, it's just as simple as packin' two guns. -bp
The point was that you can build for other things and that can be an obvious choice, too. Your earlier post made it sound like it was the only obvious choice, when there are other viable things to aim for as well. As Altheran said, having two different tools for different situations can be nice. Build how you want (as you said), but if you're going to go for Combat Command, you might as well get a different ability to help you out in other situations as well.
Shadowlands Server

-Streven-
04.20.2014 , 07:18 PM | #39
Another option that would go nice with combat command is concentrated fire. I believe the end result when combined is 20% accuracy and 50% critical chance assuming light lasers and combat command are maxed. But seriously, 40% accuracy buff is awesome.
Ben-sindu Harbinger

Pilgrim_Grey
04.21.2014 , 05:47 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by -Streven- View Post
Another option that would go nice with combat command is concentrated fire. I believe the end result when combined is 20% accuracy and 50% critical chance assuming light lasers and combat command are maxed. But seriously, 40% accuracy buff is awesome.
*whistles* That's putting all your eggs in one basket, but man, what a basket of burst damage you could do with that. Ouch. Reminds me of the couple times I got too involved shooting someone in front of me and didn't notice the type 2 scout getting on my tail for BLC and bypass, etc., at close range on a satellite.
Shadowlands Server