Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Welcome to the Galactic Starfighter Forum!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Welcome to the Galactic Starfighter Forum!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Abessy
04.05.2014 , 04:13 AM | #21
I would like to say that I really liked GSF since start. I used it for levelling of my alt, so I did so many matches before I reach 55. Because I did not have reason to continue, I stopped with GSF. But now I decided to return back and enjoy it again after while. And I stopped again after a few days.
First: deathmatch... who likes it omg? For me it is only brainless fight.... No real team coop, maybe just only gunships fights where each protect other, so you dont have chance to just come closer to them. And I had moments when I got 5 deathmatches. Where are original matches? Change it please. I would like to have choice what kind of fight I want to join. I am OK to wait 10 minutes more for normal battle than to be bored in deatmatch.
Second: bombers ... really nice ship, but I think that by implementation of bombers you totally killed any fun with GSF. There are inbalanced in my opinion with their possibilities for droids and probes spawning. Sometimes sattelites are like fortress when bomber is there ... well done.
and last issue ... I have fully upgraded Flashfire with barrel roll... this is really usefull for gunship dogfighting ... I was several times in situation that I could not catch gunship as I was out of engine power including my abilities and crew support for engine (my flashfire built). These gunships looked like ships with unlimited source of engine power...
Anyway I wish you all good fun at GSF ...

kwanjim
04.09.2014 , 10:07 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Joesixxpack View Post
All your spaces are belong to The Republic.
Just want to say that I play Galactic Star fighter, solo queue only and the ship I use is FT-6 Pike. Before the
patch the Pike is out speeded, out gunned, out armoured and now with the new patch its evan worst. Why can't
you just evan out the playing field for solo player damit. Give the strike fighter the ability to fight back at least jesus.
Give us ion cannon with range of 7000m that do high damage to shield and hull not just shield, scout pick us of like flies, can match there speed and gun, gun ship well 2 shot and were dead, bombers unload all blaster power and missle and there still alive (huge armour). For f... sakes not all player like to play in a premade or in a group!!! WHY FORCE US? we pay subscriptions like everyone else.

TrinityLyre
04.11.2014 , 12:12 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Abessy View Post
First: deathmatch... who likes it omg?
I like TDM. It's a good alternative to all those bomber-loaded Domination games. Not everyone wants to Seismic/Interdiction Mine duel all day.

I would like to have choice what kind of fight I want to join. I am OK to wait 10 minutes more for normal battle than to be bored in deatmatch.
The player pool isn't large enough to support this. Eventually I feel like one game mode will be completely ignored. You might even see stuff like: Feel like playing TDM? Go to Jung Ma. Prefer Domination? Roll on The Bastion. etc.

Second: bombers ... really nice ship, but I think that by implementation of bombers you totally killed any fun with GSF. There are inbalanced in my opinion with their possibilities for droids and probes spawning. Sometimes sattelites are like fortress when bomber is there ... well done.
They could definitely use some tuning, but I prefer this to "let's all play battle scouts and satellite-hump each other to death lololol."

and last issue ... I have fully upgraded Flashfire with barrel roll... this is really usefull for gunship dogfighting ... I was several times in situation that I could not catch gunship as I was out of engine power including my abilities and crew support for engine (my flashfire built). These gunships looked like ships with unlimited source of engine power...
That's definitely not the case anymore. I encourage you to try GSF again with the patch changes. Scouts have a huge mobility advantage over gunships.
Anastasie / Phytia The Bastion
Obsidian Squadron & Flying Circus Fighter Wing
Check out my Galactic Starfighter Compendium and contribute!

Verain
07.07.2014 , 08:00 PM | #24
I have no idea why this isn't stickied, but I'll post this in the sticky, as the forum whims often have this amazing GSF guide off the first page:

(Stasie's GSF Guide)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=729222
"The most despicable person on the GSF forum."

Strazzen
09.04.2014 , 05:32 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by PanchoPerconte View Post
A total disappointment, the amazing videos and stories is so far away from real. I am a veteran ship gaming player, mostly came from Freelancer. And this is just a joke. Controls and movement of the ship really sucks.
Nice try.

Amen to this. I've player GSF once , only once on 1 character. And was totally lost, had no clue how to do anything, and had no real way even within the tutorials to explain/understand how to do things within GSF. Maybe I'm just blind, but being the IRL son of a High School English teacher, I can read, I can follow instructions, & I can listen to others trying to help via chat.
But this was a major, complete, total & utter disappointment. Pancho was being nice when he said "Nice Try" , this was not even a Nice Try. It is a dismal failure. Here is hoping for it to be fixed , fast.
"The only thing that has ever mattered in Battle & War is
'The W' .
Winning is not everything , it is the only thing. "

Asbetos
09.04.2014 , 07:49 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Strazzen View Post

Amen to this. I've player GSF once , only once on 1 character. And was totally lost, had no clue how to do anything, and had no real way even within the tutorials to explain/understand how to do things within GSF. Maybe I'm just blind, but being the IRL son of a High School English teacher, I can read, I can follow instructions, & I can listen to others trying to help via chat.
But this was a major, complete, total & utter disappointment. Pancho was being nice when he said "Nice Try" , this was not even a Nice Try. It is a dismal failure. Here is hoping for it to be fixed , fast.
Yup, you really tried hard and gave yourself a chance to learn. There is a whole, rather large (considering the fact that this is an MMORPG), community of people that enjoy it and find it amazing so, obviously, it's at least a little better than "not even a nice try".

In case you're willing to actually put some effort into learning, here are some useful topics:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=729222
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=737470
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=741384

Also, on every server and faction there is a GSF chat channel. It may not be very active everywhere, but there mostly are people at least reading it. Ask for help there.

Oh, and if anyone else wants to trash GSF comparing to Freelancer: I spend 1000s of hours on Freelancer over the years and had absolutely no difficulty adapting to GSF controls, even find those 2 quite similar in many aspects.
The Progenitor
Firedemon <Mandalorian Hunters> - Rycer/Mangler pilot
Zyka - Star Guard pilot

DamascusAdontise
09.11.2014 , 11:08 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Strazzen View Post

You tried a complex PvP game once, did poorly, and did not try again. No surprises here, I got spanked my first warzone too (in every game I ever played) so whats the issue here? I am really sick of people who admittedly don't know ANYTHING about this game, who come here and don't even try, then cry about how the game is broken and bad.

The problem isn't the game its your attitude, expecting to invest 0 time into something and get some sort of result. Like most things in life this game takes time to learn and experience to get good at. If you refuse to do these things then video games are not for you (maybe 1 player kiddie games but def not PvP)

As a new player some games will be ok, some will be brutal. You play for the good games, you play to earn req and gear your ships, you play to get better. This is not freelancer or any other space combat game, its GSF and it is competitive and fun. Id love to see more people get into it but most people expect their 1 player space sim experience to translate into instant ownage. Sadly this is not the case, this game is different but it is also very fun.
Ahazi Server Refugee (Beta - Shutdown) RIP TIE & Twin Ion
[Obsidian Squadron] - Pincer - Ocula Pilot - The Bastion
New to GSF? Look Here!. // And Here!