Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Raiding Ops - Voice Chat

Grim-
05.08.2012 , 06:35 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by uniz View Post
you dont have to ever talk in voice chat. you just need to LISTEN to group or raid instructions.

most guilds have it as a requirement to raid and or group. and also have strict usage of it during a raid.
Strict?

Lol what stuck up guilds have you been in?

Vent is there to talk crap to each other between pulls.

Cynomen
05.08.2012 , 07:37 AM | #12
I think it is VERY helpful to use Voice in PvP, Raids, Instances, ect. I feel that you don't need to talk if you are not running the event, but listening in real time is a huge bonus.
To the world you might be just one person, but to one person you might be the world. \m/
Names: Cyyn, Ouija Guild: Obscurum Cado Server: Tarro Blood
Names: Cyyn, Ouijja Guild: AST Server: Port Nowhere

flyersfan
05.08.2012 , 11:45 AM | #13
I don't use voice chat and am not going to. My laptop also refuses to even install Ventrilo, so I see that as a sign. Thanks, MacBook.

jqualey
03.31.2014 , 11:37 AM | #14
This sounds really lame but how do you voice chat? I have a headset/mic and I want to but I am not sure how to. Is it built in the game? If so, where/how do I enable it? If not, what do people use?

Fidelicatessen
04.01.2014 , 02:37 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by jqualey View Post
This sounds really lame but how do you voice chat? I have a headset/mic and I want to but I am not sure how to. Is it built in the game? If so, where/how do I enable it? If not, what do people use?
I use Mumble, but Ventrilo and TeamSpeak are also used. They are all tiny apps, and you could install all 3 of them so you're prepared no matter what.

Having voice chat makes it tons easier to do challenging endgame content. If you don't want to use it, that's fine, but typing instructions out can double (literally) the length of time it takes to do an op, and having voice chat will allow on-the-fly warnings to be issued, etc. without having to be typed (which can only exacerbate the problem).

What does server population have to do with this, anyway?

jqualey
04.03.2014 , 06:45 AM | #16
Thanks for the insight. I appreciate your time.

Quote: Originally Posted by Fidelicatessen View Post
I use Mumble, but Ventrilo and TeamSpeak are also used. They are all tiny apps, and you could install all 3 of them so you're prepared no matter what.

Having voice chat makes it tons easier to do challenging endgame content. If you don't want to use it, that's fine, but typing instructions out can double (literally) the length of time it takes to do an op, and having voice chat will allow on-the-fly warnings to be issued, etc. without having to be typed (which can only exacerbate the problem).

What does server population have to do with this, anyway?