Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

some very quiet people that you meet in the game

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
some very quiet people that you meet in the game

xlildanniex
03.30.2014 , 09:26 PM | #31
I don't normally talk much. I remember when I was still in school my best friend and I would be on the phone, doing whatever we were doing on the other end, with the occasional comment to each other we could be on the phone for well over an hour with barely a word said. I'm pretty much the same in game.

If someone says hello, I'll greet them back. Yesterday was probably the first time I actively spoke in a group. Ended up healing normal Directive 7 with a group that no one knew the fights, so I was explaining it. Figured I'd leave it as that but everyone was following instructions so well I offered to re-queue if they wanted to.

I'm quiet over vent/team speak as well. Being Australian I have had too many Americans ask "Say something Aussie" to the point I refuse to speak in it unless I'm speaking to another Australian, even then it'll take me a while to be comfortable with them.

DarkLordIceman
04.01.2014 , 02:48 PM | #32
In my case, I'm in a random group to complete a quest/flashpoint not to chat, I save that for general chat once I'm done. Sure I'll give the obligatory "Hello" alongside everyone else at the beginning, but I prefer to stay mute after that and just get the job done.

Projawa
04.01.2014 , 05:26 PM | #33
I'll use my mic when discussing strategy. Otherwise I just type 'hi' and go about doing my job.
I'm sure some folks out there get mighty insecure around silent/mute players but, as the smuggler is fond of saying, that's just the way the flatcake crumbles.

Sarx
04.01.2014 , 09:47 PM | #34
I think some of you may be over-thinking this. I can only cite my own experiences.

If I'm trying to do a quest as fast as possible (leveling an alt for example) and I see you killing the same mobs as me, especially if you're the same level and thus probably on the same quest, I'll send you an invite just to get the mobs down faster. If you accept, cool. If not, that's cool too. It's fast, efficient, and we can go our separate ways at any time.

In this case there is no need for us to talk. You can easily see if we have the same quest by looking at your map. And you can see if we're killing the same enemies just by watching me. I'm not trying to be your buddy, and I'm definitely not taking the time to tell you about my quest. Nothing personal but that would be a waste of my time, which would be fine if I'm taking it slowly, but not if my goal is speed.
Oh, there will be a day of reckoning for you, non-believer! A totaling of sums and a snapping of necks, and you will count yourself among the damned!
-Sparks, Sealab 2021

JohnNightWalker
04.02.2014 , 10:19 PM | #35
Almost year ago i had a weird bug - i couldn't type anything in chat. I could send text information only via mail. I played like this for month. I had to communicate with ingame emotions.

Month ago i had other bug, with my system this time - i couldn't change my language in the system and all i typed was in funny but unsupported square-like symbols. Because you know, cyrilic fonts still not supported.