Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Post your "solutions" to World PvP for planets where both factions can fight.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Post your "solutions" to World PvP for planets where both factions can fight.

DrewFromPhilly
03.27.2014 , 07:59 PM | #61
Solution: play WvWvW in GW2 when i feel like doing that and stop waiting for something that will never happen in swtor

Shmegeh
03.28.2014 , 09:45 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by DrewFromPhilly View Post
Solution: play WvWvW in GW2 when i feel like doing that and stop waiting for something that will never happen in swtor
Some people want a grade A PvP experience from a Star Wars game. Too bad we will not get that come Battlefront 3 I believe.

SithEBM-Reborn
03.28.2014 , 12:18 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Shmegeh View Post
Some people want a grade A PvP experience from a Star Wars game.
^ this. Let's keep posting ideas!

buckman
03.28.2014 , 12:32 PM | #64
"Bag the Orbs" in Gree event area on Ilum.

I had a lot of fun with Open World PvP during the Gree Event (minus the same-faction fighting). So I started thinking about how we could turn the area into a competition area.
  • Hold the Pylons (Multiple people have to channel like Novare)
  • Run orbs back from neutral points in the center of the area.
  • Kills count for points
  • you can steal the orbs if you defeat the carrier
  • RESETS EVERY WEEK (you get awarded if you contribute)
  • Winning Faction gets double reward, but Losing Faction gets buff next week (?)

buckman
03.28.2014 , 12:39 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
I like the Planet Warzone mentioned on the previous page yet the only issue I take with it is there are two planets. Which will spread players too far or cause one planet to be booming constantly while the other sees no action.

If you restrict it to one planet at a time while changing the planet from patch to patch this will ensure that one planet is constantly having action.

Starting with 2 just seems like a bad idea to me.
You could have the event happen on one planet one week, then the other planet the next week.

I just glanced at that post, but I think that it would be cool if once a base/camp was turned, then it could not be turned back for that week. Would help to make sure that progress is made.

Reno_Tarshil
03.28.2014 , 05:16 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by buckman View Post
You could have the event happen on one planet one week, then the other planet the next week.

I just glanced at that post, but I think that it would be cool if once a base/camp was turned, then it could not be turned back for that week. Would help to make sure that progress is made.
A weekly or bi-weekly change keeps it fresh. But they would need more than 2 planets in that case. 3 or 4 would be good to start with.
Back in Black (and redder)!
The Sith Lord of Butterfly Catching has returned.

http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuff and thangs.

Shmegeh
03.28.2014 , 05:35 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by MrJurgens-II View Post
ohai
Holy hey Jurgens welcome back! very pleased to see you back here its been a long time and I hope you stay for a while

SithEBM-Reborn
03.28.2014 , 08:41 PM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by buckman View Post
"Bag the Orbs" in Gree event area on Ilum.

I had a lot of fun with Open World PvP during the Gree Event (minus the same-faction fighting). So I started thinking about how we could turn the area into a competition area.
  • Hold the Pylons (Multiple people have to channel like Novare)
  • Run orbs back from neutral points in the center of the area.
  • Kills count for points
  • you can steal the orbs if you defeat the carrier
  • RESETS EVERY WEEK (you get awarded if you contribute)
  • Winning Faction gets double reward, but Losing Faction gets buff next week (?)
Well, that would certainly encourage world PvP. Honestly.... That would save the gree event for the PvP quests.

Emperor_Cain
03.28.2014 , 08:50 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
I like the Planet Warzone mentioned on the previous page yet the only issue I take with it is there are two planets. Which will spread players too far or cause one planet to be booming constantly while the other sees no action.

If you restrict it to one planet at a time while changing the planet from patch to patch this will ensure that one planet is constantly having action.

Starting with 2 just seems like a bad idea to me.
Definitely a good point. The reason I went with two planets was so that people could have the option to attack or defend and not be stuck doing one or the other.

I suppose if you were to limit it to one planet you could work the system so that when one faction takes the temple the NPC's would respawn and start fighting for that faction. Thus, using the Tython example, once the empire takes Tython the Republic would have to take on the siege role, take the three other nodes to shut down the defenses, and take the planet back. That probably would simplify things.

Lexlo
03.29.2014 , 05:16 AM | #70
VOSS
Shrine of Healing
Controlling the objective gives "X" (bonus) for "Y" (unit of time).

I have no idea what the objective would be, but I remember fighting a lot of people in here.
Prophecy of the Five
<WAR>|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:| |:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|<LTW>
Twitch.TV