Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Mandalorian Knights

Geordieland
03.21.2014 , 05:17 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDymond View Post
Glad to be of help. Good luck with the project! Hope it turns out well.

I'm not big on Mandos overall in lore, being more of a Jedi/Sith fan personally, but this thread reminded me that Mando'a has some pretty great phrases in it. My personal favorite Mando'a insult: "Kaysh mirsh solus" - "He's an idiot"; Literally: "His brain cell's lonely."
There are a bunch more here if you want to sprinkle some more Mando flavor in your RPing.
Haha thats awesome! Yeah, im just going to create a character and see how it turns out, see if i can gather fans via reddit and shizzle. But nooo the mando lore is amazing dude! :P

Shadokitty
03.21.2014 , 06:13 PM | #12
While I'm not too well versed in Mando lore, I do have a fondness for their code of honor. I wish you well in your endeavor, and if you ever get it off the ground, the idea sounded intriguing enough that I'd be happy to join your guild.

Geordieland
03.21.2014 , 06:41 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Shadokitty View Post
While I'm not too well versed in Mando lore, I do have a fondness for their code of honor. I wish you well in your endeavor, and if you ever get it off the ground, the idea sounded intriguing enough that I'd be happy to join your guild.
Thank you a lot! I have just made a reddit post calling out to any fans who wish to help make this new fan made chapter of the extended universe. I shall be working over a lot of things to do with the launch of a new guild and will make sure the community knows of this new crazy idea! :P

P.S You are very welcome to join the ranks of the new mandalorian knights

StarSquirrel
03.21.2014 , 11:10 PM | #14
As someone who is in fact very well versed in Mandalorian lore and culture I figured I'd throw in my two-cents.

As for the plausibility of Mandalorian Knights existing, I think DarthDymond is correct. However, I contend that at this point in lore they'd very much have to stay under the radar as much as possible.

For one, Mandalore the Vindicated has united all the clans and allied with the Empire. They've done this so brutally that clans that supported the Republic (such as Clan Cadera) were utterly crushed. If the Sith or Mandalore caught wind of them, they'd be exterminated with extreme prejudice.

It should also be mentioned that it is about this time in galactic history that Mandalorian disdain for force users truly takes off. For centuries, and in just about every major war prior, Sith or Jedi have used the Mandalorians for their own ends and discarded them or abandoned them to defeat when they no longer needed them. Mandalorians are very bitter at this point. Add to that their service to the Empire, and the politics mix with culture to form a volatile anti-force user sentiment among them. I should also add that mandalorian culture sees killing Jedi is actually a good thing, something the jedi wouldn't take kindly to. Not to mention, the Jedi/Republic did try to eradicate the Knights in the first place so there will be bitterness there from Mandalorians who remember their enemies very well.

If you go with DarthDymond's suggestion, it is best for them to be obscure or they'd literally have every Mandalorian, Sith, and Jedi in the galaxy on them. I do like his idea of a lost clan being the source of this though, on an Outer Rim world it would make some sense but they can't be big, and they can't be anything more than a rumor or myth.

Edit: This is Karen Traviss's original page for the Mando'a language. And if you'd like to know how Mandalorians think, I highly recommend her Clone Commando series of books as it is one of the few stories that follows the perspective of true Mandalorians from the inside. Also the Legacy series of books contains a lot of good information on Mandalorian culture. While they are both far in the future compared to this game, the general culture hasn't really changed since the Great Sith War and the decline of the Taung.
"Being abandoned to my enemies, abandoned by one for whom I once had considerable affection and respect, was like being murdered…and surviving."
-Darth Caedus

JekartaSkirata
03.21.2014 , 11:43 PM | #15
After reading this post I would love to join this guild and have fun RPing as a Mandalorian Knight

DarthDymond
03.22.2014 , 02:36 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Shadokitty View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by JekartaSkirata View Post
After reading this post I would love to join this guild and have fun RPing as a Mandalorian Knight
Well according to reddit it looks like he's started getting this project rolling and set up a website: http://rotmk.weebly.com/
Given the choice whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the fates for another throw, a better throw, against one's destiny, what was a king to do?
But does one ever truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars.
~Kain

Geordieland
03.22.2014 , 04:28 AM | #17
Well according to reddit it looks like he's started getting this project rolling and set up a website: http://rotmk.weebly.com/
Indeed this is true! I've got to tackle this with full force :P

Kaisernick
03.22.2014 , 09:13 AM | #18
I know very little about RPing in SWTOR specifically, or how to go about getting a larger RP group together around a theme, I usually don't do it in MMOs - but I would expect that the largest single group of people interesting in a Mando theme would be among those playing Bounty Hunters, so your best bet would be to focus your efforts on the Empire side. For that reason alone, I would say Sith Warrior is the way to go - even if you're just Sith for game mechanics purposes, but consider the character to be a Jedi for all RP purposes.
thought i may be the only one to be fair my trooper is a Mando in Exile who refused to be a pawn of the Empire again she is now a rogue working in republic space taking what bounty's she can (normally during bounty week) so it is really up to you u may find more people who do the same.
also if u do go empire wouldn't a sith Assassin be better as u could add it into your story that u were captured by the empire and forced to train with them (which explains the whole inquisitor slave thing)