Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stop comparing Vitiate to Palpatine...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Stop comparing Vitiate to Palpatine...

Beniboybling
03.13.2014 , 05:17 PM | #381
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaedusz View Post
i was using the term the guy above used for relevance.You know what i mean.
Well no actually.

Aurbere
03.13.2014 , 05:31 PM | #382
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaedusz View Post
someone that is not lazy must create a special thread about Old Republic fans vs Battle of Yavin fans.Each will bring arguments why said era is better,etc.
It will be fun.
It would be a pointless (you know what) measuring contest.
Added Chapter 35 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

jaytdasme
03.13.2014 , 06:00 PM | #383
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
Why don't we acknowledge this point:

and leave it at that? Everyone who posts in this thread has their own view. No one is going to change it based on what another person says. It's Old Republic era fanboys against Battle of Yavin era fanboys. No one is going to admit the other is right, nothing is going to be accomplished, so let's stop wasting our time and go do something productive.

/threadunsub
Then how bout we throw in Starkiller and his ridiculous in game feats while we're at it.
“Do or do not. There is no try.”

StarSquirrel
03.13.2014 , 06:36 PM | #384
Quote: Originally Posted by jaytdasme View Post
Too be fair, Vitiate's page does make him out to be pretty bada'ss lol
Legend (ya'll know him from his posts here) is one of the many Vitiate fanboys who have edited that page. I'm not surprised it makes him out to be like that. I do find it amusing though.

I find it acceptable for wookiee articles to expound and perhaps overstate a character's abilities or importance on the character's page. I suggest always go into wookieepedia knowing that. It should be up to the reader to discern the true scope of a character's powers through comparison instead of taking fan's opinion at face value.
"Being abandoned to my enemies, abandoned by one for whom I once had considerable affection and respect, was like being murdered…and surviving."
-Darth Caedus

TrinityLyre
03.14.2014 , 04:17 PM | #385
Are they really comparable other than that they're Sith?
Anastasie / Phytia The Bastion
Respected and Despised & Spouse Aggro
Check out my Galactic Starfighter Compendium and contribute!

TrinityLyre
03.14.2014 , 04:17 PM | #386
Edit: double posted.

ellrochell
03.14.2014 , 05:47 PM | #387
I don't understand why people debate these things it reminds me of the old batman vs superman. It's NOT real, oh my imaginary friend is stronger than yours! Book's and books can be written saying one is the most strongest thing ever and then 5 years down the line Hollywood makes a movie and says nah in fact this guy was stronger.

Aurbere
03.14.2014 , 06:11 PM | #388
Quote: Originally Posted by ellrochell View Post
I don't understand why people debate these things it reminds me of the old batman vs superman. It's NOT real, oh my imaginary friend is stronger than yours! Book's and books can be written saying one is the most strongest thing ever and then 5 years down the line Hollywood makes a movie and says nah in fact this guy was stronger.
We're nerds. It's what we do.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

jaytdasme
03.14.2014 , 07:28 PM | #389
Quote: Originally Posted by ellrochell View Post
how is batman vs superman a debate? who doesn't agree that batman can get a technical win with prep time, otherwise not a chance..
“Do or do not. There is no try.”

Aurbere
03.14.2014 , 08:03 PM | #390
Quote: Originally Posted by jaytdasme View Post
how is batman vs superman a debate? who doesn't agree that batman can get a technical win with prep time, otherwise not a chance..
Weellll...