Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Tournament Finals - Ascending Empire vs Droid Supremacy

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Tournament Finals - Ascending Empire vs Droid Supremacy

Selenial
03.13.2014 , 05:19 PM | #351
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
They are using their clones, they are creating terror troopers, something I doubt the AE would allow.
Terror troopers was never their first choice, they loved to clone as much as possible, making elite units vs making elite mass produced Units?

TBH, I reckon they'd rather work for the AE due to mass production of clones.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Beniboybling
03.13.2014 , 05:27 PM | #352
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Terror troopers was never their first choice, they loved to clone as much as possible, making elite units vs making elite mass produced Units?

TBH, I reckon they'd rather work for the AE due to mass production of clones.
Evidence? The Kamineos prided themselves on scientific advancement. So surely quality over quantity would apply here. They did not treat cloning like a drug.

Though who is to say G0-T0 would not be interested in a clone army? After seeing the effectiveness of the 212th? On the other hand, would the Ascending Empire even be interested in their cloning facilities, cloning is pretty immoral...

Selenial
03.13.2014 , 05:34 PM | #353
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Evidence? The Kamineos prided themselves on scientific advancement. So surely quality over quantity would apply here. They did not treat cloning like a drug.

Though who is to say G0-T0 would not be interested in a clone army? After seeing the effectiveness of the 212th? On the other hand, would the Ascending Empire even be interested in their cloning facilities, cloning is pretty immoral...
The Jedi were fine with clones.

And G0-T0 can't use Organics unless he's willing to go against HK-01.

And of course, the Kaminoans treated cloning like a BUSINESS. Mass producing clones was always better, we're talking an army that bankrupted the IGBC (along with the seppies of course) the Kaminoans would be rich.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Beniboybling
03.13.2014 , 05:45 PM | #354
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
The Jedi were fine with clones.

And G0-T0 can't use Organics unless he's willing to go against HK-01.

And of course, the Kaminoans treated cloning like a BUSINESS. Mass producing clones was always better, we're talking an army that bankrupted the IGBC (along with the seppies of course) the Kaminoans would be rich.
The Jedi accepted the Clone Army out of necessity, before that the Republic didn't even have a standing army. Nor did Mothma's New Republic order more clones, surely she would prefer a non-slave/clone army?

I'm not sure G0-T0 would care much about HK-01. The droid can easily be hacked, scrapped etc.

Not if there is no demand. Or is Mothma planning on taking over the galaxy?

Aurbere
03.17.2014 , 02:16 PM | #355
How much is left to discuss? Honestly, I'm just waiting for Warren now.
Added Chapter 44 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

ShadowMudkip
03.17.2014 , 03:29 PM | #356
Thought it would have gone for a bit longer.
JediCovenant
The Veir Legacy
Mairick-Assassin Mylius-Sorcerer
Kaidin-Mercenary

Warren-Stride
03.17.2014 , 04:02 PM | #357
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
How much is left to discuss? Honestly, I'm just waiting for Warren now.
Hm? I'm still lurking, just taking a passive role. I can go back an answer a few things, but I don't think it's do much for either side to continue. It's really all up to personal opinion and Beni at this point.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

Beniboybling
03.17.2014 , 04:04 PM | #358
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
Hm? I'm still lurking, just taking a passive role. I can go back an answer a few things, but I don't think it's do much for either side to continue. It's really all up to personal opinion and Beni at this point.
Well there are some points on pg28 that might warrant some attention...

Aurbere
03.17.2014 , 04:09 PM | #359
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
Whatever you want, I suppose.
Added Chapter 44 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Warren-Stride
03.17.2014 , 04:10 PM | #360
Fortunately, Clone soldiers, pilots, and Obi-Wan Kenobi have all dealt with Buzz Droids and droids similar to those sneaky crawly droids.
Yeah, and they were destroyed by them. Did you see how fast those buzz droids slaughtered the pilots of that transport in the new Clone Wars episodes? Even in Episode III we see that buzz droids are more than effective. It's not like the clones or Jedi ever came up with a way to effectively combat them. If they did, none of them actually bothered to use it.

Considering that pretty much every DS fighter will have buzz droids, I think they'll make short work of clone pilots who are literally defenseless against them.

Just rip Plo Koon's mask off? Right. I can't believe people think it's that simple. If it were, I don't understand how Plo Koon managed to live to be so old, nor do I understand why Asajj Ventress and Durge (the guy who bench-presses fully armored clones and dunks legendary Jedi in lava for teh lulz) didn't do that.

It's not that simple, at all.
Plot armor?

If it's not that simple, please explain it to me. Because if an astronaut is in space and their oxygen supply tank is cut off, they die. Similarly, if Plo Koon's mask, that allows him to breath, is damaged, he will die. I'm not sure why you think it's made of beskar and/or glued to his face somehow, but it's not.

Why hasn't anyone just force-pulled Plo Koon's mask off? I don't know. That doesn't mean it can't happen.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?