Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Uruk'hai VS. Trandoshans.


fdbgjfdhjgkjdhsg's Avatar


fdbgjfdhjgkjdhsg
03.07.2014 , 09:00 AM | #11
Uruk'hai seem to like to go on suicide missions like diving into explosives.
Speak softly, and carry a big blaster.

Community System Lord

LadyKulvax's Avatar


LadyKulvax
03.07.2014 , 09:04 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by fdbgjfdhjgkjdhsg View Post
Uruk'hai seem to like to go on suicide missions like diving into explosives.
Uruk-Hai Berzerkers do, yes.
"The Empire is war made manifest. That is why it is perfect."
Imperial Order

Kaedusz's Avatar


Kaedusz
03.13.2014 , 04:59 PM | #13
Trandoshans(sophisticated and skilled hunters)> Uruk'hai (brutes)

I assume they are not going to fight in a pitched battle of shield wall vs shield wall.

LadyKulvax's Avatar


LadyKulvax
03.14.2014 , 07:36 AM | #14
Uruk Hai weren't just brutes, they could be trained for complex things, they can be disciplined and taught to specialize in certain types of warfare.

This whole Uruk-Hai are mindless brutes thing is very wrong, are they highly intelligent? some are, most aren't, but they can still be extremely well trained.

They were taught unit cohesion, complex formations, the most intelligent of them could even be taught in the tactics and strategies of warfare.

At the end of the Battle of Helm's Deep, the Orthanc Commanders as they were known, were able to rally their forces into a retreat to Isengard, because the Uruks in command were smart enough to realise that if they all died here in a bloodbath, nothing would be left to defend Isengard, so they retreated, something almost any Uruk-Hai was trained not to do, but the Uruk commanders still pulled it off, it was fruitless of course, but they still did it.
"The Empire is war made manifest. That is why it is perfect."
Imperial Order

Aehgo's Avatar


Aehgo
03.14.2014 , 07:59 AM | #15
Have to go with Urukhai,while trandoshans are good hunters,I think in a large scale battle they would get destroyed by the Urukhai.
Jenkyns The Vanguard
Free Character transfer >> http://www.swtor.com/r/mmHPGX


TOFN

Kaedusz's Avatar


Kaedusz
03.14.2014 , 08:37 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
Uruk Hai weren't just brutes, they could be trained for complex things, they can be disciplined and taught to specialize in certain types of warfare.

This whole Uruk-Hai are mindless brutes thing is very wrong, are they highly intelligent? some are, most aren't, but they can still be extremely well trained.

They were taught unit cohesion, complex formations, the most intelligent of them could even be taught in the tactics and strategies of warfare.

As i said the battle would hardly be pitched one.It's going to be a chaotic mess in the forest(check the op).
there will be 1v1 battles all over the placer.This won't be a battle line vs a battle line.

The trandoshans win in such a scenario ,without problems.

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
03.14.2014 , 10:49 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaedusz View Post
As i said the battle would hardly be pitched one.It's going to be a chaotic mess in the forest(check the op).
there will be 1v1 battles all over the placer.This won't be a battle line vs a battle line.

The trandoshans win in such a scenario ,without problems.
Pretty much this, Trandoshans are Hunters, not warriors, and highly intelligent. We've seen how incredible they can be at hunting before, Trandoshans literally set up entire Moons to hunt on and we've seen plenty in action.

The Trandoshans would just slowly whittle away most of the Uruk'hai, because whilst the Uruk'hai are far from apes and brutes, the Trandoshans are sharp minded tacticians and warriors dedicated to the Hunt.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
The Gate Crashing, Dragon Slaying, Eternal Warrior from Beyond.

LadyKulvax's Avatar


LadyKulvax
03.14.2014 , 10:51 AM | #18
Yet one assumes that just because this is a woodland environment, the Uruk Hai won't simply march on regardless, 1 vs 1 battles are not the only form of war here, the armies of the white hand were trained to march in formations, they weren't ambush parties.
"The Empire is war made manifest. That is why it is perfect."
Imperial Order

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
03.14.2014 , 10:59 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
Yet one assumes that just because this is a woodland environment, the Uruk Hai won't simply march on regardless, 1 vs 1 battles are not the only form of war here, the armies of the white hand were trained to march in formations, they weren't ambush parties.
They can't just march in one long line, it leaves them very open...
And of course, the issue of camps is another thing.

They wouldn't all camp in one place, and even if they did, wouldnt be hard for the Trandoshans to catch them.

They were pretty good at picking off straglers, that's how they took Ahsoka down when she was With Anakin and Obi Wan
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
The Gate Crashing, Dragon Slaying, Eternal Warrior from Beyond.

LadyKulvax's Avatar


LadyKulvax
03.15.2014 , 07:56 AM | #20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4jz1yaGFms
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc6aciIhO6c

Here we can see that the Uruk-hai are more than capable of fighting in woodland environments.

Now consider this: these Uruks aren't even a year old yet and they managed to successfully track, hunt and attack the Fellowship of the Ring, only eight people in the entirety of the eastfold, managed to kill Boromir, the mightiest Gondorian Warrior of the age who killed many hundreds of Orcs in his time, fought Aragorn, Gimli and Legolas, three of the most experienced and skilled warriors of each of their race and still made it off with two of the halflings.

just any group of orcs would be massacred wholesale by such warriors of the Free Peoples, but the Uruks still achieved their goal.

This time it's many multiples of these groups of Uruks, more heavily armoured and even better trained.

Uruk-Hai were among the strongest soldiers in the armies of the Two Towers of Mordor and Isengard.

The Trandoshans are not going to win due to the environment here.

This is however what the Trandoshans will be facing, these Uruks manage to successfully attack and breach the Deeping Wall, which is defended by the Galadhrim Royal Guard, some of the finest warriors of the Third Age of Middle-Earth, warriors with thousands of years of experience whom likely fought in the Last Alliance.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e3PtXfxWog
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXwh3eVaScc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT9Y-YeDtG4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p39gii5hx8
"The Empire is war made manifest. That is why it is perfect."
Imperial Order