Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

All Pilots Converge on PTS for huge fun/Testing night!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
All Pilots Converge on PTS for huge fun/Testing night!

NotThatOne
03.05.2014 , 09:52 AM | #1
Basically to prevent the issues with the last GSF patch, (bugged mines/drone hitting live, etc) Pilots from every server should download PTS, if they haven't already, and copy their existing GSF toons over. Then we should all meet up for a test session/bloodbath

Not only will this give us the chance to insure a bug free live launch, it will be an oppurtunity to test ourselves against the best from all the other servers.

Hit reply, and leave the best time for you or your guild to login to PTS and give it a go.

Coldcrush
03.05.2014 , 11:55 AM | #2
Wouldn't it be better to wait for the first weekend day? You will find people working today, being a weekday, plus they will still have to DL the PTS.
Graventhel Knightstalker - The Bastion
<Swift and Absolute>
Test Pilot Skydive - The Bastion
<Gentlemen Gankers>

Itkovian
03.05.2014 , 12:17 PM | #3
The inability to test GSF is a major issue with PTS. I tried last night, we asked people to queue up, never popped in an hour and a half. Ridiculous.

okiobe
03.05.2014 , 12:57 PM | #4
A weekend party would be sweet. Let's get something organized and hopefully it will go better than the party we tried to have last time where GSF broke on all the servers.
The HarbingerThe First Order
Okiobe 55 Commando Mirque 55 Operative
The Ebon Hawk - Mujo
www.twitch.tv/okiobe

FlipZero
03.05.2014 , 02:16 PM | #5
I'm game, how does Saturday 3/8/14 sound? Have PTS downloaded and ready to fly at 2 p.m. EST.
[Pot5] (Black Squadron)Barter Class: Republic Starfighter

NotThatOne
03.05.2014 , 02:47 PM | #6
Saturday Works for me.

Fractalwave
03.05.2014 , 03:09 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by FlipZero View Post
I'm game, how does Saturday 3/8/14 sound? Have PTS downloaded and ready to fly at 2 p.m. EST.
Oddly enough, not everyone can be around for just ONE available session. You get a larger test population with a broader range of experience if there are matches consistently spawning daily. This is why PTS is available for more than a couple hours on a Saturday every time it is updated. A couple hours isn't enough data to provide a real test.

Here's a couple of questions for you:
  1. Why download PTS for just a couple hours of testing?
  2. Why not forget flying on the live servers and log into PTS for your daily flying for the whole weekend or even a week or so? What's it going to hurt?

FlipZero
03.06.2014 , 05:54 AM | #8
So your rebuttal is "sorta maybe sometime between now and launch"? Yes in a perfect world i'd love to do it your way, but GSF isn't PvE or ground PvP where everyone is playing it. There are a limited number of pilots flying as is, let alone PTS pilots, and I'd like to get a chance to test this out with multiple matches. Yes, I'd love to run the PTS everyday but I have a job and a life and ships to level on my Main. The last thing any of us wants is another Bomber/TDM PTS release that has a "game breaking" bug to discover after an hour and a half queue, and no one touches the PTS again. The purpose of this post was to let the GSF forum community know there will be other testers on at a specific time. To be honest, I'm hoping we can do a Saturday 2 p.m. test every weekend from now until launch. If an afternoon run doesn't work for you, then schedule a 2nd run through. I'm sure there's plenty of people who want in but can't make a Saturday afternoon run, just as I'm sure there are people who will attend multiple testing sessions.
[Pot5] (Black Squadron)Barter Class: Republic Starfighter

mattycutts
03.06.2014 , 06:39 AM | #9
EU player here.

I will be online from 5PM sat evening UK Time hopefully get some testing done.
RED ECLIPSE - Unrelenting (Rep) / The Deathbringers (emp)
(Ground & Space PVP only) - Republic main
Empire - Quickblast / Quickstrike / Quickblow / Quickcast / Toretto
Republic - Quickblasts / Quickslam / Quickvolley
Former Baccas Blade / Nightmare Lands

Tito_O
03.06.2014 , 09:36 AM | #10
Zhali from T3-M4 (German PvE) here.
I'd really like to fly with you guys. See, if i can keep up with you aces ^^
So i'm in, saturday sounds good. I'll plan to be on the PTS saturday afternoon/evening EU-Time (morning to early afternoon EST).
See you then ^^
The Coric Legacy
Nate | Pinkamina | Syskal | Cas
Zhali | Raykal | Orivik | Viraana | Geviin | Shim'rra | Vestarah | Yuun-harla
[T3-M4]