Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Toggle hoods confirmed 2012

MillionsKNives
02.04.2014 , 10:44 PM | #11
They've given the answer to this before. This turned out to be a much bigger hurdle than they initially anticipated (requiring them to go back over every single item with a hood), which would demand a lot of art resources to do. They regret ever promising it. However they still want to do it, no ETA.

hadoken
02.04.2014 , 10:48 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by MillionsKNives View Post
They've given the answer to this before. This turned out to be a much bigger hurdle than they initially anticipated (requiring them to go back over every single item with a hood), which would demand a lot of art resources to do. They regret ever promising it. However they still want to do it, no ETA.
I imagine it would be difficult if they wanted to reinvent the wheel. The mechanic already exists (see twi'leks). It wouldn't be too hard to enable that behavior on a switch for other races (since everyone has the same body type models). I'm guessing they either just don't want to do this at all (and are using the typical 'too difficult' excuse) or would prefer people stuck with nothing for years while they try to slowly cobble something superior (in their minds) together.

dermitni
02.04.2014 , 11:20 PM | #13
But see, people don't want a "hood vanish" option like it is used for Twi'leks (as you propose) and other species like Trandoshans; people want an actual hood toggle where the hood is either up or folded down at the back but still there! Personally, I can understand how that can get tedious for Bioware to implement if they have to actually create "hood folded down" versions of each and every hooded item they have...
The Progenitor: Hran'orfon - Chiss Ascendancy Sniper Vidaar Amakiir - Imperial Honor Guard
Jung Ma: Lythe Vodaine - Jedi Healer

s_w_sanders
02.04.2014 , 11:35 PM | #14
I'm fine with hood vanish, i'd wear actual jedi and sith clothes then and not bounty hunter/trooper clothes.

hadoken
02.04.2014 , 11:36 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by dermitni View Post
But see, people don't want a "hood vanish" option like it is used for Twi'leks (as you propose) and other species like Trandoshans; people want an actual hood toggle where the hood is either up or folded down at the back but still there! Personally, I can understand how that can get tedious for Bioware to implement if they have to actually create "hood folded down" versions of each and every hooded item they have...
Depends on the person you talk to. You can only really speak for yourself.

dermitni
02.05.2014 , 12:14 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by hadoken View Post
Depends on the person you talk to. You can only really speak for yourself.
Maybe. But last I heard about this issue, this was the reason why Bioware found it so tedious to implement it. Apparently they want a real toggle instead of a simple removal as well.
The Progenitor: Hran'orfon - Chiss Ascendancy Sniper Vidaar Amakiir - Imperial Honor Guard
Jung Ma: Lythe Vodaine - Jedi Healer

Aries_cz
02.05.2014 , 01:14 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by dermitni View Post
Maybe. But last I heard about this issue, this was the reason why Bioware found it so tedious to implement it. Apparently they want a real toggle instead of a simple removal as well.
Yes, but in theory, what is stopping them to allow manual triggering of the "Twi'lek hack" while they are working on some animated sequence? Temporary (or semi-permanent) measure, several people would be happy, if you dislike it, do not use it and keep your hood up
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd and Czech Alliance, Red Eclipse
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos or support me by clicking my Referral Link

Karkais
02.05.2014 , 03:37 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Uelle View Post
I know, so much has changed

New flashpoints
New operations
Hundreds of cartel market items
New level cap
New planet
New daily areas

They obviously didn't have enough time to make a toggle hood option.
Toggle hood would be more important than those things.
"What is a Sith? Over time, the beliefs have changed, but one constant has remained. The imposition of one's will on the force, on the environment surrounding one, on the galaxy itself." - Darth Wyyrlok III

dorpen
02.05.2014 , 03:49 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by hadoken View Post
I'm guessing they either just don't want to do this at all (and are using the typical 'too difficult' excuse)
I'm getting flash backs of the last Cantina tour Q&A.

MillionsKNives
02.05.2014 , 09:59 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
Yes, but in theory, what is stopping them to allow manual triggering of the "Twi'lek hack" while they are working on some animated sequence? Temporary (or semi-permanent) measure, several people would be happy, if you dislike it, do not use it and keep your hood up
I'm fairly certain they're not withholding this feature just for an animation.