Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Oh, the Aspiring Knight set finally on the Cartel Market?!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Oh, the Aspiring Knight set finally on the Cartel Market?!

Pingonaut
02.04.2014 , 10:03 PM | #1
Of course not. It's a skimp'd version.

Typical. At least there were some good sets added with the next pack. Maybe we'll see the real set in the market eventually.

edit: to clarify, I'm talking about the green Aspiring Knight, not the orange medium armor.

edit2: apparently people still don't understand which set it is. There are two "Aspiring Knight's" sets. One set is green and you get it as a Jedi Knight from missions. The other set is orange and you craft it. They're completely different, with the same name, for who knows why.

This is the "Aspiring Knight's" green armor, and this is what they added to the CM.

Essence_of_Light
02.04.2014 , 10:29 PM | #2
<deleted>
For the Republic!
Click my referral link here for 7 free days as sub, free server transfer, and free CC unlocks!

hadoken
02.04.2014 , 10:34 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Pingonaut View Post
Of course not. It's a skimp'd version.

Typical. At least there were some good sets added with the next pack. Maybe we'll see the real set in the market eventually.
Actually you're wrong, it is the same thing.

http://cdn4.tor-fashion.com/wp-conte...tMaleClose.png
http://cdn4.tor-fashion.com/wp-conte...emaleClose.png

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/...-pack-male.jpg
http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/...ghter-pack.jpg

Lithy
02.04.2014 , 10:45 PM | #4
Lithíum Hartshotte, Sniper
Exit Area

Tallianna Hartshotte, Gunslinger
Officer of Shadowed

Pingonaut
02.04.2014 , 11:03 PM | #5
"I believe it is you, who is mistake, about a great many things." That's not the one I'm talking about. I'm talking about the green Aspiring Knight's vest you get on Tython. It's the same name, different set.

Bleeters
02.04.2014 , 11:19 PM | #6
Pingonaut is, I believe, referring to this one, which for some reason they've decided to cut holes in.

hadoken
02.04.2014 , 11:39 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Pingonaut View Post
"I believe it is you, who is mistake, about a great many things." That's not the one I'm talking about. I'm talking about the green Aspiring Knight's vest you get on Tython. It's the same name, different set.
If you're going to use a cheesy quote, at least use proper spelling.

At any rate the 'set' you talk about didn't even merit a spot on TOR Fashion (at least not under that name), go figure :P

Euphrosyne
02.05.2014 , 12:45 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Bleeters View Post
Pingonaut is, I believe, referring to this one, which for some reason they've decided to cut holes in.
*swears*

I saw that, but I didn't notice the random holes. Got all excited for it and everything. Oh well, at least I won't have to pay to shift my mods over.
Quote: Originally Posted by hadoken View Post
If you're going to use a cheesy quote, at least use proper spelling.

At any rate the 'set' you talk about didn't even merit a spot on TOR Fashion (at least not under that name), go figure :P
That's because there's no orange version of it anywhere in the game.
Euphrosynē (n., Greek) - "mirth, merriment"

OddballEasyEight
02.05.2014 , 12:46 AM | #9
Ok, I'm gonna preface this statement by saying that I get the OP's wish to have this outfit unaltered and I fully support it.

That said, I have to say that for everyone out there that is wondering why bioware keeps cutting holes in existing outfits and putting them on the cartel market there is a reason.
It's a thread called Skimp'd male character gear and it has 98 page, 978 posts and 173.842 views (at the time of this post).
So they are doing this because there is a demand for it.
Not because they are lazy, not because they are perverted and not because they are cheapskates.

Just wanted to clear that up.

Now, lets give the OP a proper Aspiring Knight (green) outfit eh?
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

KyaniteD
02.05.2014 , 02:23 AM | #10
I loved that outfit, too, for its simplicity. And the holes make me very sad.

A few skimpy outfits is all right, especially when they're variants of existing adaptive armor. But when it's at the expense of actual armor that has been requested to be released to CM in it's original design because of it's iconic nature and RP-value (it's still billed as mmorpg) it's just wrong.

I don't know what's going on and why the sets that could be just what people asked for are deliberately altered in a way that completely ignores people's motivation to ask for them in the first place. (Chunky LEDs and shoulder pads on Potent/Energetic Champion set, chunky LEDs on peacemaker set, holes in the Aspiring Knight's set...)

No wonder players feel trolled by devs. It's like petulant children saying I'll do what you want me to do but not the way you want it.
Need a referral link? Support Dulfy's & Exile's work on Dulfy.net, TOR-Fashion.com and TOR-Decorating.com by using their referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/794P7w