Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Flashpoint: Kuat Drive Yards

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Flashpoint: Kuat Drive Yards
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

cpsiero
02.02.2014 , 10:38 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Djstingable View Post
My guess is they're going to make a hardmode version of it for 3.0, whenever that comes out - along with Colicoid Wargames and Red Reaper.
I hope we get something a bit harder than just standard HM, I miss Lost Island HM that was worth playing. Now everything seem to be aimed at new players and totally forgetting majority of well geared players who been very patient so far and not getting much to do apart from replaying the old content or guarding their spot on fleet.

Aries_cz
02.02.2014 , 11:30 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by cpsiero View Post
I hope we get something a bit harder than just standard HM, I miss Lost Island HM that was worth playing. Now everything seem to be aimed at new players and totally forgetting majority of well geared players who been very patient so far and not getting much to do apart from replaying the old content or guarding their spot on fleet.
I do not know, i think that NiM TfB and SaV are still pretty problematic for most people even though they are geared in full 78s...
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos

Krewel
02.02.2014 , 02:12 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
I do not know, i think that NiM TfB and SaV are still pretty problematic for most people even though they are geared in full 78s...
TFB and S&V are Ops, he was referring to FPs. Ops are fine, but some Lost Island-like Fps are definitely needed.
Former passionate SWTOR player, now passionately waiting for WoD.

tanktest
02.02.2014 , 04:05 PM | #74
i wanted to test this on the PTS but every time i logged on the PTS no one was there or there wasn't enough any place to start a group . i could not get on the PTS the first week . PC issue some what and real life , i was gaming live from time to time . so , i guess i get to see it feb 4th live . learn it then I'm a fast leaner and before you know It, i ll be giving advice or directing noobis thu it , on my geared 55's ...

tanktest
02.02.2014 , 04:09 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Krewel View Post
TFB and S&V are Ops, he was referring to FPs. Ops are fine, but some Lost Island-like Fps are definitely needed.
two or three more Lost Island type HM FP would be nice , CZ 198 all most hit it but nothing like the thought put into Lost Island.

tanktest
02.02.2014 , 04:19 PM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by cpsiero View Post
ME to rift has at least three diff modes , they have normal Hard and I forget the name of the next level and it was pretty hard you needed gear for it . a toon under geared for that mode just couldn't zone in and think he was gonna last long .. and I read in wow's next EXPAC three diff raid levels normal , heroic and mystic i think they called it for guilds . wow is wising up imo .. SW has for some time unofficially been doing this for HM and it seems to becoming or has been for some time pug stuff . i don't see many spamming for NIM TFB or SV . even in full 78 that's just hard . hey even EC NIM is hard to some extent for geared 78 if they don't know what there doing .
NIM it seems is a guild thing .

TANK MOUNT anyone been farming it now for a while .

Jamalzero
02.03.2014 , 06:44 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Vodamin View Post
No, this is a bad idea.
Actually it's not...

Do you want a good example of a role neutral mmo? GW2. Guess what evry1 is running there? A dps (zerker).
SWTOR is an mmo with a holy trinity, it should matter.
It's not that hard man...just yesterday I got tired of que times and I told my vengeance juggernaught to que as tank for a 55 HM he said, "are you sure" I said yes. My operative is in a short rundown of gear fully augmented oricon earpiece, implants, ark serendipitous, obroan focus retribution (69) boots, (72) everything else. When th que popped for Czerka Labs HM and he was tank he was concerned at first but then quickly just threw a couple of taunts in his rotation. We had him (jug Dps), Deception assassin, and a rage marauder. And not only did we do labs but after they realized we did that with no tank we tested this further... We queued four more times... Czerka Meltdown HM, Athiss HM, Hammer Station HM, and Cadimimu HM, and in cademimu the jug went afk and we took out the wookie boss and the bonus boss before he got back from his beer run with just my heals, the Mara and the assassin... And on a side note we never wiped. And in that last part of Czerka Labs I told them to open all the containers at start because I could heal through it. And the assassin thought I was hacking so he said he was gonna report my "OP ness" I'm sure he was joking but still lol you don't need a tank for HM 55s anymore.

I'll even give a name shout out " S'ydney , Zigs , Laffayette " if you're on the shadow lands ask them not 1 death and 4 HM 55 flashpoints done with no real tank just face pullers and me on heals as "RÝse".

If all flashpoints become role neutral, then tanks and healers are going to be kicked out of the groups left and right.
Neutral HMs can be done if the healer knows what he/she is doing. I'm not opposed to the idea of role neutral queues. And to you "tanks and healers will be kicked left and right" comment that happens anyway if they're a $hitty tank/healer...

On my healer if the tank isn't moving at the speed I want him to move I whisper one of the DPS (the better geared of the two) and I tell him to go nuts I'll keep him alive and treat him like the tank if he stepped up and grew a pair.

No need for a tank if the healer is over geared. Grab a DPS that can taunt and put more stress on the healer to get the weeklies done... Tanks nowadays suck anyway... They think endurance is the way to go with no mitigation stats...you're just a DPS with a $hit ton of HP that can't put dps out at that point...might as well grab a dps because the healing will be the same either way...

I'm sure you could make he argument, "what happens if we get an under geared healer or a crappy set of DPS?" Well hats luck of the draw... Same thing happens back in the day when Lost Island was a Tier 2 HM flashpoint. If you didn't have the gear, before the 1st mob was pulled you got kicked. Back then no lv 50 was gonna attempt that if someone wasn't in at least Columi gear with some Rakata... Also if you didn't know how to kite and interrupt that was another kicker... Same rule can apply here... If your DPS isn't on point or he healer sucks... well kick him but this would average out all queue times if the roles only required a healer and 3 roles neutral. No need for a tank if the healer is hitting 12k crit heals.

The longer queue times for dpsers is not role related problems! Why in WoW they dont have long queues? I guess you can answer this question by yourself.
No dude, this is a role based issue.... And in wow there's cross server queues so that's why it "may" not take as long...
Solo capping nodes is what I do best... If you're solo defending, prepare to be stun locked and killed!
"I like the way you die boy."
-Django

Valee_Nethun
02.04.2014 , 12:18 PM | #78
This FP sucks. We were 2 level 55's doing the FP, and got 55 credits each for killing a champion, nothing else. ****** loot all over! And when one of the champs actually dropped something except pocket change - 1 green reputation, that had to be rolled for. I'm seriously disappointed. This FP is obviously no point doing for high levels.

Rasen
02.04.2014 , 12:19 PM | #79
It's fun and has an arcade feel to it, BUT it serves no purpose for 55's gear or not. For leveling it is probably awesome, but we definitely need a HM version of it.

LegoUniverseBC
02.04.2014 , 08:31 PM | #80
Love this Flashpoint! Great for easy credits and the rewards are awesome! Great job on this Bioware. It's a fun leveling FP and a fun endgame FP to do when your bored. I'd love a timed hard mode version!