Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

RIP orbital strike

Helmholtzz
01.13.2014 , 03:40 PM | #151
Quote: Originally Posted by chasinginfinity View Post
Seems like they used a sledgehammer to do a hammer's job
Nope they used a sledge hammer to do a chisels job. OS did not need a damage nerf, it needed a ammo change to make it a dps loss to use in ST rotation. Now its useless to use against anything except for when you need an aoe hard stun against weak mob.
Dead on Arrival Begeren Colony
Ascension Jedi Covenant
Instead of loving your enemies - treat your friends a little better.
Rööt Baree Dragonslayer Infernõ

paowee
01.13.2014 , 04:32 PM | #152
I posted the feedback on the PTS forum http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...84#post7111684 . I like the change from a Full Lethality perspective, as MM, the Orbital change sucks..
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

Panzor
01.13.2014 , 05:52 PM | #153
I've been parsing full lethality lately because of these changes. The problem I'm having with it is reapplying the dots which sounds stupid I know but this is what happens. When my CG is transitioning into the weakened form if I hit the dummy with a CG at that exact split second it never makes it on there. So I have to throw another CG at it. The same thing happens with CD. I feel like I have to wait half a second after the weakening poisons have already started in order to reapply my dots and I feel this is hindering my parses. Does this happen with anyone else?
Stryke - Guild: The Chandrian - Server: Shadowlands

The Chandrian

paowee
01.13.2014 , 06:45 PM | #154
Quote: Originally Posted by Panzor View Post
I've been parsing full lethality lately because of these changes. The problem I'm having with it is reapplying the dots which sounds stupid I know but this is what happens. When my CG is transitioning into the weakened form if I hit the dummy with a CG at that exact split second it never makes it on there. So I have to throw another CG at it. The same thing happens with CD. I feel like I have to wait half a second after the weakening poisons have already started in order to reapply my dots and I feel this is hindering my parses. Does this happen with anyone else?
No.. maybe it's a bug? or a resist? I've always been able to reapply CG and CD with no issues

namesaretough
01.13.2014 , 08:43 PM | #155
It's a known issue. Applying dots as they transfer to the weak version overwrites your new dot with the weak dot. I parse without the talent, and sometimes raid without it.
Smugglin

ArchangelLBC
01.14.2014 , 01:31 AM | #156
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
For which spec? Full Lethality?
For Marksman. I'm thinking of the hole during SV.

Quote: Originally Posted by Helmholtzz View Post
I tried using EP instead of OS. Its still about 200 DPS lost.

Winner >_<

There just isn't anything we have that can approximate that damage for the time used. Hybrid and Lethality don't have this issue. Energy Management was one of the challenges (not necessarily hard, but it was something to think of) in those specs so it makes sense that this works for that. Marksmanship was all about finding other stuff to cram in since we had these GCD holes in our rotation and way more energy than we knew what to do with. That's pretty much how the Vital Shot talent came to be the standard.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Transmet
01.14.2014 , 10:08 AM | #157
This is a known bug that has been plaguing lethality operatives since time began. They are aware of it and are supposedly 'fixing it' some time in the next 10 years. It overwrites itself too many times and doesn't get refreshed like it should. Welcome to Lingering Toxins.
NOIRE - Concealment Operative

SUOMY - Madness Assassin

HaoZhao
01.14.2014 , 10:09 AM | #158
It's not a bad change, in spirit. Orbital Strike was comically overpowered. Drop it on any stationary boss and you do gigantic damage with minimal effort. With that said, there needs to be a talent near the top of the engineering tree which gives most of that damage back to OS.

paowee
01.14.2014 , 02:05 PM | #159
Quote: Originally Posted by HaoZhao View Post
It's not a bad change, in spirit. Orbital Strike was comically overpowered. Drop it on any stationary boss and you do gigantic damage with minimal effort. With that said, there needs to be a talent near the top of the engineering tree which gives most of that damage back to OS.
Yeah i feel we are getting 2.6 orbital to live. even tho you can still use is rotationally, its just not worth the time/gcd/effort to be so "min-maxy" about it. i don't think ill end up clipping speed shot to get like 30 -40 more dps with orbital in the rotation as full lethaltiy.

AngelFluttershy
01.14.2014 , 02:09 PM | #160
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
Yeah i feel we are getting 2.6 orbital to live. even tho you can still use is rotationally, its just not worth the time/gcd/effort to be so "min-maxy" about it. i don't think ill end up clipping speed shot to get like 30 -40 more dps with orbital in the rotation as full lethaltiy.
I have the same feelings considering its performance in full Lethality. I'd probably just screw up the rotation reducing my DPS attempting to clip SoS for more DPS.