Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Multiple stuns from stealth????

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Multiple stuns from stealth????

Neoforcer's Avatar


Neoforcer
01.10.2014 , 01:48 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by DNAstriker View Post
I think I get it. 2 times then? Could 2 players possiblly be doing this then? My wife and I play side by side and take turns with certain abilities. Could 2 players be just taking turns?

Also, This happens while I'm on my Imp charactger. So it's coming from the Rebel side. Whats the counterpart of Mind trap and what class?

And the stealth? All my stealth's on my alts are not completely invisible. The only completely invisible is Force Cloak on my wife's Shadow. But it only lasts 10 seconds I think. How can players "stay" completely invisible for extended periods of time?

I know I'm being a pest, but I'm just trying to be a better player in PvP because I keep getting hammered. lol.. Thanks in advance.
I can mezz 2 people at a time granted the mezz is only on one person at a time. say i mind trap you and your wife is there she move i mezz her then you start to move i re mezz you then you wife takes a step i mezz her again. Keeping you 2 busy till some one respond to you being there at a node.

Good sin can do this and make you waste your time till some one responds. Note i not saying we can mezz two people with mind trap at the same time it falls off the first target when you apply to the second target. It is called mezz switching lack for a better term

DNAstriker's Avatar


DNAstriker
01.10.2014 , 01:54 PM | #12
Ahhhh! kk, thanks. I get it now. I'll have to work on that skill. I'm not used to playing a stealth class. I've always played a tank-n-spank class. lol. And got owned by the stealth classes. LOL.

cycao's Avatar


cycao
01.10.2014 , 01:57 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Gun_Kitty View Post
The original poster here has a point however they seem to lack the ability to articulate the fact that stealth classes are over powered. preticularilly against ranged classes. although pure rangded classes have steath detection on thier side this is a mute point when all stealth classes have the ability to veto stealth detection with abilities like sneak or blackout. also they already have the upper-hand because they are approaching with the ability to plan out their attack which makes the bounty hunter and Trooper classes stealth scan ability virtually useless because you are only guessing there is a stealth class in your area and to place it in the exact spot where they are in like i said virtually impossible and with a a cool down of 20 seconds is pointless.

I say that there should be no immobilization or rooting abilities available to classes while they are in stealth period !
Pretty sure stealth scan will pop you out of stealth every time with sneak and blackout but I could be wrong. Also snipers get a stealth detection which certainly pops you out of stealth. I would say out of all the specs for stealth deception is currently in the best spot that posses any real threat to killing you but concealment might start butting into that picture with the buffs currently on the pts.

Neoforcer's Avatar


Neoforcer
01.10.2014 , 02:00 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by DNAstriker View Post
Ahhhh! kk, thanks. I get it now. I'll have to work on that skill. I'm not used to playing a stealth class. I've always played a tank-n-spank class. lol. And got owned by the stealth classes. LOL.
Ya i been playing sin since beta of swtor over 2 years ago the things you learn to do with a class playing only that class for 2 years. I been called a hacker for doing what i just describe to you of switching mind trap through tab target. On 2 players. People not knowing how a class works is alot to do with most of every hacker clam not saying there not people doing that it just people not knowing a jugg can leap to a a stealth in the endzone of hutball screaming he leaped to no one he hacking.

Neoforcer's Avatar


Neoforcer
01.10.2014 , 02:03 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Pretty sure stealth scan will pop you out of stealth every time with sneak and blackout but I could be wrong. Also snipers get a stealth detection which certainly pops you out of stealth. I would say out of all the specs for stealth deception is currently in the best spot that posses any real threat to killing you but concealment might start butting into that picture with the buffs currently on the pts.
You can skate the side of stealth scan and never be detected there is a fine line granted but i can be on the edge of it and not have to be poped out of stealth

sithBracer's Avatar


sithBracer
01.10.2014 , 02:04 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Gun_Kitty View Post
The original poster here has a point however they seem to lack the ability to articulate the fact that stealth classes are over powered. preticularilly against ranged classes. although pure rangded classes have steath detection on thier side this is a mute point when all stealth classes have the ability to veto stealth detection with abilities like sneak or blackout. also they already have the upper-hand because they are approaching with the ability to plan out their attack which makes the bounty hunter and Trooper classes stealth scan ability virtually useless because you are only guessing there is a stealth class in your area and to place it in the exact spot where they are in like i said virtually impossible and with a a cool down of 20 seconds is pointless.

I say that there should be no immobilization or rooting abilities available to classes while they are in stealth period !
And if a ranged class catches a shadow out of stealth, he is nothing more than target practice, I saw we stop ranged classes from having any ranged attacks!!!

The only immobilization is the mezz which can only be used when a target is out of combat and it almost completely fills resolve. There is no root from stealth (or out of stealth for that matter).
Ma'kaela - jedi shadow in training
Mákaela - assassin in the shadows

Lord_Garrex's Avatar


Lord_Garrex
01.10.2014 , 03:03 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by sithBracer View Post
And if a ranged class catches a shadow out of stealth, he is nothing more than target practice, I saw we stop ranged classes from having any ranged attacks!!!
No, no...what needs to happen here is that all smashers need to be given a damage boost, plus unlimited cc breaks, and a few more defensive cool downs. That's the only way I ever see war zones being fair and fun to play.

Uber_the_Goober's Avatar


Uber_the_Goober
01.10.2014 , 03:38 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Gun_Kitty View Post
The original poster here has a point however they seem to lack the ability to articulate the fact that stealth classes are over powered. preticularilly against ranged classes. although pure rangded classes have steath detection on thier side this is a mute point when all stealth classes have the ability to veto stealth detection with abilities like sneak or blackout. also they already have the upper-hand because they are approaching with the ability to plan out their attack which makes the bounty hunter and Trooper classes stealth scan ability virtually useless because you are only guessing there is a stealth class in your area and to place it in the exact spot where they are in like i said virtually impossible and with a a cool down of 20 seconds is pointless.

I say that there should be no immobilization or rooting abilities available to classes while they are in stealth period !
No...stealth level on slingers and snipers increases to 30 levels above their own. Sneak/blackout only increases it by 15 levels.

So...in summary...no.
POT5 COMMANDO - CAPTAIN OBV'IOUS
SENTINEL - PICKLE'JAR

AMONG OTHERS...
See you in the warzones, muppets.

Rhyn's Avatar


Rhyn
01.10.2014 , 04:43 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Gun_Kitty View Post
The original poster here has a point however they seem to lack the ability to articulate the fact that stealth classes are over powered. preticularilly against ranged classes. although pure rangded classes have steath detection on thier side this is a mute point when all stealth classes have the ability to veto stealth detection with abilities like sneak or blackout. also they already have the upper-hand because they are approaching with the ability to plan out their attack which makes the bounty hunter and Trooper classes stealth scan ability virtually useless because you are only guessing there is a stealth class in your area and to place it in the exact spot where they are in like i said virtually impossible and with a a cool down of 20 seconds is pointless.

I say that there should be no immobilization or rooting abilities available to classes while they are in stealth period !
ok sounds good but you can't root or snare melee cause it isn't fair that they can't reach you. Come on *** is a matter with people in this game? Can there really be that many bads? If your focus your screwed 1 on 1 use your defenses range has quite a bit of them. Stealth is a gap closer, mez is a cc that breaks on damage, and if they can't close a gap HTF is it fair you can root and snare and kite?This is a L2P issue for real.
Rýn

<Jensaarai>

AlrikFassbauer's Avatar


AlrikFassbauer
01.11.2014 , 11:42 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Neoforcer View Post
mind trap will fil resolve after used twice if you took one step each time after 2 step you be a full resolve. Not sure how much sleep dart adds to you resolve though but mind trap will not do that.
If Resolve is working, that is.

Quote: Originally Posted by DNAstriker View Post
I think I get it. 2 times then? Could 2 players possiblly be doing this then? My wife and I play side by side and take turns with certain abilities. Could 2 players be just taking turns?
Most likely, I guess - meanwhile everybody els here assumes that this was done to you by 1 person ...
_________________________________________________
About balancing classes :
Quote: Originally Posted by Hockaday View Post
It's weird really...they balance around PvP...but give PvE the content.
Quote: Originally Posted by Surbatu View Post
When everybody plays one class = perfect balance. Right? Problem solved.