Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Event currency

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JimG
12.17.2013 , 03:57 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by DimmuJanKaarl View Post
why would BtL not be stackable?? how is that not a design option?
Good question because Cartel Certificates are bound to legacy and those are stackable.

JattaGin
12.17.2013 , 04:01 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by ELRunninW View Post
See, this is why no one representing dev team wants to answer questions. No matter what they say there is always some genius that has solution to all development problems of the world.
This was exactly my thought, too. Can't believe someone dug out a message from February or so just to give contra (more or less) and request a "clarification".

On the other hand, I would have liked BoL helixes, too. Who wouldn't.

EricMusco
12.17.2013 , 05:22 PM | #43 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by JimG View Post
Good question because Cartel Certificates are bound to legacy and those are stackable.
Good question! Cartel Market Certificates actually break our normal rules that our items need to follow in order to be considered "valid" by development tools --they're a special exception. Certainly there is a lot of desire to for this change to happen based on the feedback in this thread, I will make sure the dev team is made aware of it. Keep in mind that although this is a possible change, it would not be a simple change to make and it can be a risky change since the item is already live!

Hope that makes sense!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Callaron
12.17.2013 , 05:33 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Good question! Cartel Market Certificates actually break our normal rules that our items need to follow in order to be considered "valid" by development tools --they're a special exception. Certainly there is a lot of desire to for this change to happen based on the feedback in this thread, I will make sure the dev team is made aware of it. Keep in mind that although this is a possible change, it would not be a simple change to make and it can be a risky change since the item is already live!

Hope that makes sense!

-eric
Thanks Eric! That would be very cool.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Want more Class stories? Let Bioware know!

TUXs
12.17.2013 , 05:45 PM | #45

Hope that makes sense!

-eric
Well done Eric! TY!
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

Warrgames
12.17.2013 , 05:58 PM | #46

Hope that makes sense!

-eric
Thanks for the reply and for passing this on to dev team.

Funkybyte
12.17.2013 , 06:21 PM | #47

Hope that makes sense!

-eric
Couldn't you just change the currency for the items in the vendor, adjust the new rewards to the new legacy bound item. For the old components just have a 1:1 trade in the same vendor.

Elminster_cs
12.17.2013 , 06:30 PM | #48
I will make sure the dev team is made aware of it. Keep in mind that although this is a possible change, it would not be a simple change to make and it can be a risky change since the item is already live!
Good, hope they can do something!
Member of Dread Master. The Red Eclipse Italian Guild. "More Juicy Soon™" but all require: "Too much coding" or it cause "too much performance issues" so you will not get it. The new BW release policy.
RIP PvP.

idnewton
12.17.2013 , 06:59 PM | #49

Hope that makes sense!

-eric
Wait, what? So essentially your point is "Oh, um... I guess you found it out, I'll have to ask the dev team if they want to change it"?

I mean, you literally just completely lied. It's not a tech limitation. It has never been a tech limitation. We've known since the first gree event that the reason they're bind on pickup is because you didn't want the people with more 50s, you know, those people who put more time into your game, to have an advantage over those who didn't care or didn't support the game quite as much.

I'm sorry, but this is a bit over the top. If the community manager is going to straight-up lie about something we've known the contrary answer to for over a year, who can we trust?
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL 55s: 15 10/10 HM DREAD OPS
ETERNAL WARRIOR CONQUEROR OF THE DREAD FORTRESS
30/30 Dread Fortress PVP BEST IN SLOT 4/5 NiM DP

theSCARAYone
12.17.2013 , 07:31 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
Wait, what? So essentially your point is "Oh, um... I guess you found it out, I'll have to ask the dev team if they want to change it"?

I mean, you literally just completely lied. It's not a tech limitation. It has never been a tech limitation. We've known since the first gree event that the reason they're bind on pickup is because you didn't want the people with more 50s, you know, those people who put more time into your game, to have an advantage over those who didn't care or didn't support the game quite as much.

I'm sorry, but this is a bit over the top. If the community manager is going to straight-up lie about something we've known the contrary answer to for over a year, who can we trust?
I agree with this post. I don't find punishing people who have put alot of time into your game to be a good solution to anything.
The Harbinger - Aggressors Legacy - SA Baa

16 55's and counting! One of each advanced class! - 3800+ Hours played!

Give me Pets! (Referral Link)