Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best Crew skills to get money in GTM

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Best Crew skills to get money in GTM

BIinkMoth
12.14.2013 , 08:41 PM | #1
I'm looking for 3 really good gathering skills that help make money in the GTM.

Marius_Xerxes
12.14.2013 , 10:15 PM | #2
Scavenging, Archeology, and Bioanalysis if your just selling mats.

Underworld Trading and Slicing can make you money, but only when you crit when gathering and get the purple resource. Or in the case of Slicing you can also make money selling missions you get. But the price they sell for varies a lot based on which one you happen to get.

The first 3 are your best bet though. Especially because you can send crew members to gather, and you can also gather from nodes as you quest.

Lexandrous
12.15.2013 , 02:20 AM | #3
although each person has their own opinions.
I find that for money making Diplomacy for me is the best money making crew skill.

It is not simply opinion.
I have made little over 3 million credits in the past 2 weeks from the mats gained through Diplomacy.

But the GTM is more "Supply the Demand" anyway.
Knowing when to sell. If people know through GTM that they can buy cheaper from you, usually they will keep doing so.

Setting yourself a limit. A rock bottom price that you wont fall under.
In the bidding war of GTM people drive down an items value to practically nothing and no profit can be made from it.

For example. For nearly a week the Volatile Derelict Saberstaff was being sold at next to nothing. the lowest price wast 19000 credits.

Though it was tough to shift the Volatile Derelict Saberstaff's I had on me.
I managed to sell them for 100000 credits. around the normal price I get from them.

But the real trick to it is while outmaneuvering the rip-off merchants. Don't become one yourself.

CriticalFlame
12.15.2013 , 04:22 AM | #4
Scavenging, Slicing, Bioanalysis, UT, Archeology are some fine money making skills. My personal preference is Slicing and Bioanalysis though. But to each their own.

dancezwithnubz
12.15.2013 , 07:22 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by BIinkMoth View Post
I'm looking for 3 really good gathering skills that help make money in the GTM.
Scavenging.
With Scavenging materials in need by Armormechs, Armstechs and Cybertechs, I personally can never have too much Mythra/Turadium/Tri-Copper Flux goodness. Making a set of Blue armor plates & mods for an alt can burn through the best part of a stack of mid-grade materials.

Bio Analysis.
Some of the mid-grade bio mats can sell for a surprising amount. My best was 350k for a stack of Psychoactive Compound (gr5).

Archeology.
Everyone likes fancy saber crystals & schweet enhancements from Artifice and Synthweavers need arch mats for jedi mainstat augs.

Slicing.
This gets you raw creds from nodes, but the power of Slicing is in the grade nine missions Credit Drain and Unsliceable from which, if you luck out with a Crit, you will receive either mission sheets or Thermal Regulators.

stuga
12.16.2013 , 04:51 AM | #6
I agree with the crew skills above but also you can make some credits from selling mk-9' the part you add to the armor.
Stuga lvl 50 Soc, Zerlic lvl 50 Sith Jugg
The Red Eclipse

psandak
12.16.2013 , 08:53 AM | #7
In general, all the gathering crew skill (archeology, scavenging, and bioanalysis) materials sell on the GTM for more than the cost per unit to run missions to get them (they cost about 500 credits per unit to acquire via missions and they sell for roughly 1000 credits each on the GTM; some more, some less)

The mission skills (underworld trading, slicing, and treasure hunting) purple materials will generate profit. The blue materials you'll be lucky to recover half your investment per unit.

Diplomacy will generate profit off of blue and purple materials (blues are in more demand - they make the stims people buy)

Investigation is the "red-headed stepchild" of the mission skills to it's only supporting one craft skill and that craft skill only makes items for half the classes.

dancezwithnubz
12.16.2013 , 06:07 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by stuga View Post
I agree with the crew skills above but also you can make some credits from selling mk-9' the part you add to the armor.
yes, selling MK-9 Aug kits is profitable, but I find it better to have a cybertech make the MK9 components and either an Armormech or Armstech make the kits.

DarthTHC
12.17.2013 , 10:55 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Lexandrous View Post
although each person has their own opinions.
I find that for money making Diplomacy for me is the best money making crew skill.

It is not simply opinion.
I have made little over 3 million credits in the past 2 weeks from the mats gained through Diplomacy.
Really? Diplomacy materials have been crashed on my server for months. Lucky you!
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

Lexandrous
02.17.2014 , 05:45 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
Really? Diplomacy materials have been crashed on my server for months. Lucky you!
thanks I think.
Though people try to undercut me I still sell.
Made just over 50 million creds in the months I been playing Swtor on Diplomacy.

If my time is not spent on levelling alts I make about 2 million creds a week.
__________________________________________________ _____________

Few are left to extinguish the Light. That threatens to purge us all.