Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What goes with Slicing?

psandak
12.16.2013 , 08:21 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by sentientomega View Post
I've heard slicing is highly profitable, so I need to have one character with it.

Anyone here who uses slicing, what two crew skills do you happen to accompany it with (provided you have access to the extra slots)?
It depends on what you want to do with crew skills:

- if all you want to do is gather materials to sell on the GTM then slicing, scavenging, and underworld trading is a good combination. alternatives are archeology and bioanalysis.

- if you want to actually craft stuff, then slicing ain't that great. Slicing provides materials to armormech, armstech, and synthweaving but ONLY for augments and augment slot kits (if you want to craft armor with armormech or synthweaving you need Underworld Trading and if you want to make weapons or weapons barrels with armstech you need investigation). Yes, if you want to craft augments, then having slicing makes that crafting a little less expensive.

Also FYI, only subscribers can post on the forums and all subscribers have three crew skills.

AdmiralParmesan
12.17.2013 , 03:39 AM | #22
scavenging
Depreva (Sith Sorcerer) - Prophecy of the Five-

sentientomega
12.18.2013 , 08:51 AM | #23
Slicing for my bounty hunters (efficiency) and jedi knights (critical), they have their starting companions well-versed in it.