Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Jedi knight

Florrentius's Avatar


Florrentius
12.12.2013 , 03:58 PM | #1
What are the three most useful crew skill for a jedi knight?

If it doesnt matter what character im playing, top three useful crew skill.

psandak's Avatar


psandak
12.12.2013 , 05:16 PM | #2
The best crafting crew skill option is Synthweaving since one companion and your ship droid get +5 crit to synthweaving. And then to feed that skill Archeology for basic materials and then underworld trading to craft blue and purple quality armor. But synthweaved armor is not the most desired in the game. Most of the use of Synthweaving comes from crafting augments which require sliced parts and therefore slicing is a viable alternative to underworld trading.

That being said, Cybertech makes armoring and mods and ear pieces for all classes (scavenging and underworld trading feed CT). Artifice make lightsaber hilts, color crystals, and enhancements (Archeology and Treasure Hunting feed Artifice). And Biochem makes stims and adrenals (Bioanalysis and Diplomacy feed Biochem).

All of the above crew skills are "useful" to a Jedi Knight.

I would say that the only crew skills that are NOT "useful" to a Jedi Knight are the crafting skills armstech and armormech; and the investigation mission skill. But even then, Jedi Knights do have companions that would benefits from armstech and amormech.

So in the end, any crew skill is "useful" to a Jedi Knight. More information is required.
Probability 101
The Harbinger, Ortzid Legacy
Dalkery - Sawbones, Car'beerd - Jedi Guardian,
Blairnah - Jedi Sage, Ulunnes - Commando

Florrentius's Avatar


Florrentius
12.13.2013 , 01:34 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
The best crafting crew skill option is Synthweaving since one companion and your ship droid get +5 crit to synthweaving. And then to feed that skill Archeology for basic materials and then underworld trading to craft blue and purple quality armor. But synthweaved armor is not the most desired in the game. Most of the use of Synthweaving comes from crafting augments which require sliced parts and therefore slicing is a viable alternative to underworld trading.

That being said, Cybertech makes armoring and mods and ear pieces for all classes (scavenging and underworld trading feed CT). Artifice make lightsaber hilts, color crystals, and enhancements (Archeology and Treasure Hunting feed Artifice). And Biochem makes stims and adrenals (Bioanalysis and Diplomacy feed Biochem).

All of the above crew skills are "useful" to a Jedi Knight.

I would say that the only crew skills that are NOT "useful" to a Jedi Knight are the crafting skills armstech and armormech; and the investigation mission skill. But even then, Jedi Knights do have companions that would benefits from armstech and amormech.

So in the end, any crew skill is "useful" to a Jedi Knight. More information is required.
Sorry for the noob question, thanks a bunch

HakkyounoTenshi's Avatar


HakkyounoTenshi
12.14.2013 , 11:30 PM | #4
Honestly. I would probably say that the most useful skill, honestly depends on your advanced class and role.

Sentinels are very gear dependent, so I would recommend wither artifice or cybertech for a sentinel, just so you have a way to keep your gear up easily. Really any DPS needs a good way to keep on top of there gear.

As a Guardian (I'm a Tank mind you), I recommend Biochem. The main reason being that tanks need an easy way to come up with good medpacks for those "oh ****" moments.

But this is just my opinion, What matters most is you enjoy the game.

Florrentius's Avatar


Florrentius
12.17.2013 , 03:52 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by HakkyounoTenshi View Post
Honestly. I would probably say that the most useful skill, honestly depends on your advanced class and role.

Sentinels are very gear dependent, so I would recommend wither artifice or cybertech for a sentinel, just so you have a way to keep your gear up easily. Really any DPS needs a good way to keep on top of there gear.

As a Guardian (I'm a Tank mind you), I recommend Biochem. The main reason being that tanks need an easy way to come up with good medpacks for those "oh ****" moments.

But this is just my opinion, What matters most is you enjoy the game.
What abt mission crew skill? Should i go for treasure humting?

psandak's Avatar


psandak
12.20.2013 , 10:53 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Florrentius View Post
What abt mission crew skill? Should i go for treasure humting?
That depends on what crafting skill you take, if any.

If you go with Artifice then Treasure Hunting feeds that crafting skill and therefore is a good choice. But if you go with Cybertech or Biochem or Synthweaving, then Treasure Hunting is not useful as it does not feed any of those crafting skills. Below is a list of crafting skills and what gathering and mission skills feed them (crafting skill first - gathering skill (for basic materials) second - mission skill (for advanced materials) third):

Artifice - Archeology - Treasure Hunting
Armstech - Scavenging - Investigation (and slicing but for augments only)
Armormech - Scavenging - Underworld trading (and slicing but for augments only)
Biochem - Bioanalysis - Diplomacy
Cybertech - Scavenging - Underworld Trading
Synthweaving - Archeology - Underworld Trading (and slicing but for augments only)

Based on the above, for a pure "gatherer" (a character without a crafting skill) Treasure Hunting is not that great either, because only Artifice uses materials from Treasure Hunting. The best combination of skills to obtain materials to sell to crafters is probably Scavenging, Underworld Trading, and Slicing because these materials are required by the most crafting skills (three each).
Probability 101
The Harbinger, Ortzid Legacy
Dalkery - Sawbones, Car'beerd - Jedi Guardian,
Blairnah - Jedi Sage, Ulunnes - Commando

Simbr's Avatar


Simbr
12.20.2013 , 01:35 PM | #7
If you go Guardian and intend to PvP then Biochem is a must as you can use the reusable stims as part of stance dancing. Resuable heal is also handy outside of WZ's, as Guardian's do not have a heal of their own.