Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Artifice] Low Level Defense Enhancements (Defense Enhance 6+)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Artifice] Low Level Defense Enhancements (Defense Enhance 6+)

tzipidamus
12.11.2013 , 03:42 PM | #1
Currently, the first Defense Enhancement available is Defense Enhancement 11 usable for lvl 27s. Online research is showing me that Defense Enhancements at 6 usable by level 17s. Does anyone know how to obtain this one or even the ones in between 6 and 11?

I'd like to roll a guardian or juggernaut who will level largely through flash points. I'm looking to gear the toon out and not be that squishy tank guy everyone hates to heal. I have max level synthweaving on another toon but haven't re'ed lower level pieces into defense-stat gear. Kind of hoping that isn't my only option.

The GTN on my server (Bastion) doesn't have what I need available. One defense enhancement 7 (can't re) that comes from a droid core. I bought one for 25K in hopes to RE but it says research not available even after equipping in a orange piece.

FYI. I already have 4 55s. This toon won't be rushing to get anywhere; it will be for the fun of doing / playing. So the whole skip-level-fast doesn't really apply.

psandak
12.11.2013 , 05:23 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by tzipidamus View Post
Currently, the first Defense Enhancement available is Defense Enhancement 11 usable for lvl 27s. Online research is showing me that Defense Enhancements at 6 usable by level 17s. Does anyone know how to obtain this one or even the ones in between 6 and 11?

I'd like to roll a guardian or juggernaut who will level largely through flash points. I'm looking to gear the toon out and not be that squishy tank guy everyone hates to heal. I have max level synthweaving on another toon but haven't re'ed lower level pieces into defense-stat gear. Kind of hoping that isn't my only option.

The GTN on my server (Bastion) doesn't have what I need available. One defense enhancement 7 (can't re) that comes from a droid core. I bought one for 25K in hopes to RE but it says research not available even after equipping in a orange piece.

FYI. I already have 4 55s. This toon won't be rushing to get anywhere; it will be for the fun of doing / playing. So the whole skip-level-fast doesn't really apply.
If they come from anywhere they will only come from heroic missions and class story quest rewards. Otherwise you might get a piece of gear from a flashpoint with defensive stat item modifications in it.

The fact is that because the flashpoints are relatively easy up until the low to mid 30s anyone can tank them so long as their character has a taunt ability and the player has the situational awareness tank requires. Same thing goes for healing. It is only at 35+ where tanking and healing characters come into their own due to skill tree selections.

So, my advice is to not worry about total gear optimization. The gear will come in time.