Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is it worth switching to Biochem?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Is it worth switching to Biochem?

LtBombshell
12.08.2013 , 12:18 AM | #1
I am a level 55 Gunnery Commando, and I am a PvPer. Currently, I have 450 armstech, scavenging and investigation. Is it worth switching to Biochem, Diplomacy and Bioanalysis so I can use the Prototype Nano-infused stims?

Pwnboy
12.08.2013 , 01:18 AM | #2
Anyone can use the prototype ones. Do you mean the artifact quality reusables?
The Atramentar Legacy

Vraal: Veng Jugg 55, Hallasker: Carnage Mara 55, Sarabdal: DPS Sin 54

RaptorClown
12.08.2013 , 02:36 AM | #3
i belive thats what he means. well if ure pvp player then its really good pick.
pew pew meesa liking youssa

psandak
12.08.2013 , 08:19 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by LtBombshell View Post
I am a level 55 Gunnery Commando, and I am a PvPer. Currently, I have 450 armstech, scavenging and investigation. Is it worth switching to Biochem, Diplomacy and Bioanalysis so I can use the Prototype Nano-infused stims?
I pose this question: How much credits will it cost to level three new skills and get the schematics you want? Now take that value and put it towards simply buying the stims. How many can you buy? Probably a metric F*** ton. And the prototype stim are slightly better stat wise than the reusables.

JacksonMo
12.09.2013 , 07:52 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
I pose this question: How much credits will it cost to level three new skills and get the schematics you want? Now take that value and put it towards simply buying the stims. How many can you buy? Probably a metric F*** ton. And the prototype stim are slightly better stat wise than the reusables.
True, I've attempted to make money crafting stims to sell, but there's just no profit in it.

psandak
12.09.2013 , 11:02 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by JacksonMo View Post
True, I've attempted to make money crafting stims to sell, but there's just no profit in it.
There are a couple of times a week when demand is super high (Anyone with half a brain can figure out when those times are so I will not post them here ) when one can make good profit from biochem, but overall you are correct. I post my stims during one of those times and then spend the rest of my week restocking materials through missions.

LtBombshell
12.10.2013 , 12:27 AM | #7
Sorry, I meant the reusable ones. Is it worth switching to biochem so I can use the reusable stims?

psandak
12.10.2013 , 09:15 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by LtBombshell View Post
Sorry, I meant the reusable ones. Is it worth switching to biochem so I can use the reusable stims?
My question remains the same: How many credits will it cost to level three new skills and get the schematics you want? Now take that value and put it towards simply buying the prototype stims. How many can you buy? Probably a metric F*** ton. And the prototype stim are slightly better stat wise than the reusables.

LtBombshell
12.10.2013 , 09:52 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
My question remains the same: How many credits will it cost to level three new skills and get the schematics you want? Now take that value and put it towards simply buying the prototype stims. How many can you buy? Probably a metric F*** ton. And the prototype stim are slightly better stat wise than the reusables.

Okay, thanks for the help.