Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

They listened to my idea?! HP added to training dummy! YES

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
They listened to my idea?! HP added to training dummy! YES

steave
12.04.2013 , 06:47 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by znihilist View Post
Ah fair point! In that regard it will help Marauders/Sentinels as well since they will have an increased generation of rage as well.
But marauders shouldn't be getting hit, so that's not a consideration for them. It's just a problem for tanks that are getting hit in the raids too, but can't simulate that on the dummy.

orangefishboy
12.04.2013 , 07:15 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by steave View Post
But marauders shouldn't be getting hit, so that's not a consideration for them. It's just a problem for tanks that are getting hit in the raids too, but can't simulate that on the dummy.
DPS get hit with stuff all the time, you can't reasonably expect every DPS in an Ops group to never get hit by anything.

znihilist
12.04.2013 , 09:03 PM | #33
There is some unavoidable damage in raids, people get hit even if you are extremely careful.
SWTOR: KotFE, Rise of the Ehh I guess I'll get used to it eventually

DieGhostDie
12.04.2013 , 09:10 PM | #34
Here's an idea: Have BioWare create the Operations Training Simulator. This way, simulate 7 other dummy raiders with you on a certain boss you want to practice damaging, healing, or tanking.

That's all. Anyone is free to expand on this.
WrldFrst Forum T-r0l powered by FrankerZ

steave
12.07.2013 , 04:58 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by znihilist View Post
There is some unavoidable damage in raids, people get hit even if you are extremely careful.
"Some unavoidable" is not the same as "constantly getting attacked". A Dummy for tanks would be attacking every 1.5 second or so, and you should be getting hit far less than that.

orangefishboy
12.07.2013 , 03:02 PM | #36
"Some unavoidable" is not the same as "constantly getting attacked". A Dummy for tanks would be attacking every 1.5 second or so, and you should be getting hit far less than that.
Yes, but getting hit as a marauder builds fury with every hit, and this happens very often. Plus, some fights do have DPS getting almost constantly attacked, like in Bestia, where the DPS have to kill the tentacles and larva and the tanks can't tank them.