Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

AMD Catalyst 13.11 beta drivers - beware

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
AMD Catalyst 13.11 beta drivers - beware

MurdoxJD
11.24.2013 , 01:19 AM | #1
Today I updated my AMD drivers to 13.11 beta and SWTOR was completely broken. Started flickering like crazy and wouldn't even get to the character screen. I've reloaded the 13.10 beta drivers as they work fine.

Ivanoviccc
11.24.2013 , 04:50 AM | #2
One of the reasons why I always use NVIDIA these days.
My last computer was top notch and used an AMD 5880 HD graphics card.

But when I decided to update to the latest driver one day after 3 months of playing SWTOR...it suddenly got ****ed.
Flickers, crashes, blue screen...and always the same message coming along: "AMD graphics driver has stopped working and has been reset".

And YES, I tried using old drivers, I uninstalled the ****, looked trough everything.
BUT THE PIECE OF **** REFUSED TO WORK AGAIN.

renegadeimp
11.24.2013 , 10:43 AM | #3
Theyre called BETA drivers for a reason. Theyre not meant to be mass used. Theyre pretty much for test purposes only and for the modding community. NOT for general use.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

psikofunkster
11.24.2013 , 01:17 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by renegadeimp View Post
Theyre called BETA drivers for a reason. Theyre not meant to be mass used. Theyre pretty much for test purposes only and for the modding community. NOT for general use.
LOL exactly. but beware OFFICIAL drivers are not a warranty of stability anymore.

Beware of the latest official nvidia drivers though i don't rememeber the video card series right now but they mess with game pretty serious.

Here you go:

"OFFICIAL and lastest" nvidia drivers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PedqC_I5cV4

Vanelon
11.25.2013 , 06:52 AM | #5
Well i have been using AMD Catalyst 13.11 beta drivers,and and it work just fine... well for me it does.
The Swtor is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to.

Icestar
11.25.2013 , 06:54 AM | #6
I never touch beta drivers, they tend to mess things up
You are very welcome to use my referral link.
With this you get 7 days of free subscription,a free character transfer and nice items mailed to all your characters. The referral helps both new, returning and current players!

Vanelon
11.25.2013 , 07:46 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Icestar View Post
I never touch beta drivers, they tend to mess things up
that true usually i donīt but for some reason i cant play COD ghost with the old driver
The Swtor is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to.

renegadeimp
11.25.2013 , 08:10 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Vanelon View Post
that true usually i donīt but for some reason i cant play COD ghost with the old driver
Because the game didnt exist when the older drivers came out, so there are no driver profiles for the games. Plus the developer of that game can afford to pay the GPU manufacturers huge amounts of money to ensure there are fully working profiles when the game is released.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.