Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Having Connection Issues? Read here and follow the information.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Having Connection Issues? Read here and follow the information.

Taw_Kobalt
11.23.2013 , 01:33 PM | #71
Ok, fixed the issue on my end as far a i know (switched from Wireless to Wired because i couldn't figure out what the problem was)

Lag is much much better, and was running smooth for a few hours, but i just hit a patch where I went to one to two bars for a couple minutes. Ran the programs again incase it helps.

Im in Canada and my isp is Sasktel.

TRACERT
Spoiler

PATHPING
Spoiler
Starkiller Legacy - Kaas City
For the Republic!!!

renegadeimp
11.23.2013 , 05:56 PM | #72
Wireless is NOT recommended for any online game, unless you are very close to the router.

Your logs look fine, but your connection seems to be spiking on the backbone, but it soon settles down again afterwards. Its very possible that its a flaky router.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

OwenBrooks
11.24.2013 , 06:40 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Taw_Kobalt View Post
Thanks that is really helpfull. I did what you said and I do infact have spikes as high as 900ms and 1 timed out.
Ill see what I need to do to correct on my end thanks.
Glad to see you narrowed it down to wireless
Let me know how you get on, simple thing is update the network adapter and disable IPv6 and see if it persists.
its a starting point in anycase, sometimes with wireless it can be interference try using http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/ to see what is around on the same wireless channel.

Alzor
11.24.2013 , 09:26 AM | #74
United States/Virginia/ Cox Communications

I'm East Coast US, playing on a Euro Server (its where my friends are)

Also, I'm using a wired connection, not wireless.

A little additional info:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Not sure why the pathping results are so short...

Divinder
11.24.2013 , 11:32 AM | #75
Been having latency issues ever since I started playing again for about a week now. Yesterday it seemed to magically fix itself around noon and I was getting 30-40ms, ran a traceroute and pathping and I saw that the routing/IPs were changed however it crapped out again around 8pm PST.

My ISP is Telus and I live in B.C, Canada

TRACERT
Spoiler

pathping
Spoiler

Sometimes I get packet loss at random hops everytime it's always at one of the above.net places.

renegadeimp
11.24.2013 , 11:52 AM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by Divinder View Post
Been having latency issues ever since I started playing again for about a week now. Yesterday it seemed to magically fix itself around noon and I was getting 30-40ms, ran a traceroute and pathping and I saw that the routing/IPs were changed however it crapped out again around 8pm PST.

My ISP is Telus and I live in B.C, Canada

TRACERT
Spoiler

pathping
Spoiler

Sometimes I get packet loss at random hops everytime it's always at one of the above.net places.
You have an internal network issue where youa re playing. Your ping shouldnt be that high on the first hop.

You then have a severe latency issue on the handover to the internet backbone which just keeps increasing as it travels along it.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

Divinder
11.24.2013 , 01:05 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by renegadeimp View Post
You have an internal network issue where youa re playing. Your ping shouldnt be that high on the first hop.

You then have a severe latency issue on the handover to the internet backbone which just keeps increasing as it travels along it.
Ah well guess I'll have to deal with it for now, I assume the internal issue is because I have to use power outlet adapters to get an internet connection upstairs. As for the handover to the backbone would trying to contact my ISP to see if they can do anything help?

OwenBrooks
11.24.2013 , 05:37 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by Divinder View Post
Ah well guess I'll have to deal with it for now, I assume the internal issue is because I have to use power outlet adapters to get an internet connection upstairs. As for the handover to the backbone would trying to contact my ISP to see if they can do anything help?
Give the ISP the high and a low tracert , the high ping is occurring likely between telus and above.net and could be on the return path which cant be seen on the tracert itself.

As to the first hop, just test without the power outlet adapters and see how it behaves, a firewall on the modem can also increase ping time on the first hop and doesn't mean an issue, testing will confirm though.

Chalpy
11.24.2013 , 08:03 PM | #79
I've been getting nasty lag spikes with high lag in comparison to my normal results for the last couple weeks. I'm from Alberta, Canada and my ISP is Telus.

Spoiler

Spoiler

The first is the trace test and the second is the ping path. Any suggestions on what to do would be really appreciated.

OwenBrooks
11.24.2013 , 08:20 PM | #80
Same Answer for Taw_Kobalt he had 2 issues and he has fixed the local one, the other is out of his control.

Give the ISP the high and a low tracert , the high ping is occurring likely between telus and above.net and could be on the return path which cant be seen on the tracert itself.

Above net has some loss but the high ping is occurring between telus and abovenet , telus can investigate this.