Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Petition to Ban Operatives from Queuing Ranked as DPS

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Petition to Ban Operatives from Queuing Ranked as DPS

Diatlas
11.15.2013 , 03:09 AM | #41
I think there is a solution for this. Let Slow release medpack (SRMP)and the like be a trained skill and not skill tree learned. Let the healers get a buff to the ability instead. This would at least give them a small blanket of survival that they deserve. sawbones and the like will just have a much more potent SRMP.

With this in mind, maybe it can only stack once for the other specs. Thats just my opinion.

Cordorian
11.15.2013 , 03:20 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Diatlas View Post
I think there is a solution for this. Let Slow release medpack (SRMP)and the like be a trained skill and not skill tree learned. Let the healers get a buff to the ability instead. This would at least give them a small blanket of survival that they deserve. sawbones and the like will just have a much more potent SRMP.

With this in mind, maybe it can only stack once for the other specs. Thats just my opinion.
Tried a lethality hybrid once that kolto probe (SRMP for scoundrels) specced... without the buff from the healing tree reducing its energy costs you are energy starving and end up pretty useless most of the time.
I know this isn't what you meant exactly, but yeah SRMP will still cost energy and unlike the healing the dps specc already have to keep an eye onto that, so doubt it will help much.

Diatlas
11.15.2013 , 05:24 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Cordorian View Post
Tried a lethality hybrid once that kolto probe (SRMP for scoundrels) specced... without the buff from the healing tree reducing its energy costs you are energy starving and end up pretty useless most of the time.
I know this isn't what you meant exactly, but yeah SRMP will still cost energy and unlike the healing the dps specc already have to keep an eye onto that, so doubt it will help much.
Yea, i see what you mean now. Guess that solution is a no go. Well i hope they put in the work to balance this out. time will tell.

Haystak
11.15.2013 , 06:54 AM | #44
Signed

Why not, might as well remove stealth for the class while we are at it.

Smash needs moar crit too, 100% crit chance is way too low.
60s Scoundrel,Sage
55s Everything else

Cordorian
11.15.2013 , 06:59 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Haystak View Post
Signed

Why not, might as well remove stealth for the class while we are at it.

Smash needs moar crit too, 100% crit chance is way too low.
Yep, it should crit more often than it hits :P

MusicRider
11.15.2013 , 08:09 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Luckeyduckey View Post
I've lost countless matches just based on having DPS operatives on my team. Either buff their ****** survivability, or ban them from PvP.
That's a pretty silly request, might just as well ask the opposite, ban OP specs.

bananaface
11.15.2013 , 08:54 AM | #47
I agree scrapper is totally useless atm but I must say dirty fighting is pretty good atm.
Atleast you can still do pretty fine from semiranged and dont lose a **** ton of dmg by pillar humping.

Think a good solution to make ops/scoundrel dps more usefull and survivable in arena would be to make the free instant heal proc from Scurry/Quickening baseline for dps ops/scoundrels and make it proc for underworld medicin/kolto injection instead.
That way you can atleast reliably throw a halfdecent heal on yourself or a teammate when it's needed instead of spending 2.5 secs casting one.

Cryowolf
11.15.2013 , 09:41 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Sappharan View Post
Would you be willing to surrender some of your burst and control? Because I don't see any other way. One versus one you and other stealth classes always win tournaments.
What burst and control do you speak of? The burst and control that lets us kill an already half dead target with no cc breaker available? Not many of those targets sitting around in 4v4. The burst and control that is tied to us getting off our opener on an unguarded and unhealed target? Again, only see that in a 4dps arena match and guess who the other team is going to hard switch to the moment you open? The only tournaments we might win would be ones that excluded shadows from competing. You said it yourself, it's not about 1v1 anyway. In full min/max Obroan the only targets I crush with any consistency are sitting on 25-26K health. But then, any geared dps would crush them anyway and most of the ACs would crush them more consistently where as we rely on a string of lucky crits to pull it off.

The upper tier of pvp in this game currently is 4v4 arena and we are gimped enough to be a hindrance to our team just for being there. 8v8, world pvp (ha), lowbies and dueling tournaments are just fluff, extra entertainment. BW pointed their top tier pvp in this new direction so now they should look at balancing ACs around this format (4v4).

I hate to say it bc it comes off as a flippant l2p comment and I am not trolling you, but try one in solo ranked or even worse, group ranked and then let us know what you think. It is not a pleasant experience.
Raisins--Scoundrel--The Harbinger

warultima
11.15.2013 , 12:19 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Cryowolf View Post
What burst and control do you speak of? The burst and control that lets us kill an already half dead target with no cc breaker available? Not many of those targets sitting around in 4v4. The burst and control that is tied to us getting off our opener on an unguarded and unhealed target? Again, only see that in a 4dps arena match and guess who the other team is going to hard switch to the moment you open? The only tournaments we might win would be ones that excluded shadows from competing. You said it yourself, it's not about 1v1 anyway. In full min/max Obroan the only targets I crush with any consistency are sitting on 25-26K health. But then, any geared dps would crush them anyway and most of the ACs would crush them more consistently where as we rely on a string of lucky crits to pull it off.

The upper tier of pvp in this game currently is 4v4 arena and we are gimped enough to be a hindrance to our team just for being there. 8v8, world pvp (ha), lowbies and dueling tournaments are just fluff, extra entertainment. BW pointed their top tier pvp in this new direction so now they should look at balancing ACs around this format (4v4).

I hate to say it bc it comes off as a flippant l2p comment and I am not trolling you, but try one in solo ranked or even worse, group ranked and then let us know what you think. It is not a pleasant experience.
Most people in this game really have little idea about balance.
Operative dps being automatically viewed as a waste of a spot on the team, while Assassins are complaining about their Maul can "only" crits 8k and they are being buffed.
Smash newbs still run rampant.
Hybrid PT
Tankasin with super burst

Actually you cant even blame the players they are just newb and have no idea and dont give a **** about balance. It's the DEVs who made this game completely crap as it is today (and are percived as crap pvp game among mmo community).

DEVs really have no idea and probably dont play their own game.
"ohh so many complain about smash newb-monkeys" -> "Lets nerf Anni and Carnage"
"they say dps operative is really bad"->"I know right, lets buff dps assassins!, oh and buff overload shot just to troll em, and take cover away we are not allowed to have any patch with operative buffs without nerfing something too you know, company policy"
| Lv50 Madness Sorc | Lv50 Annihilation Marauder |
| Lv50 Pyrotech Power Tech | Lv50 Medicine Operative |
| Lv50 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Lv 26 Darkness Assassin |

ralphieceaser
11.15.2013 , 01:19 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by warultima View Post
Most people in this game really have little idea about balance.
Operative dps being automatically viewed as a waste of a spot on the team, while Assassins are complaining about their Maul can "only" crits 8k and they are being buffed.
Smash newbs still run rampant.
Hybrid PT
Tankasin with super burst

Actually you cant even blame the players they are just newb and have no idea and dont give a **** about balance. It's the DEVs who made this game completely crap as it is today (and are percived as crap pvp game among mmo community).

DEVs really have no idea and probably dont play their own game.
"ohh so many complain about smash newb-monkeys" -> "Lets nerf Anni and Carnage"
"they say dps operative is really bad"->"I know right, lets buff dps assassins!, oh and buff overload shot just to troll em, and take cover away we are not allowed to have any patch with operative buffs without nerfing something too you know, company policy"
what if they increase overload shot damage by 100%