Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Some Quick Space Info for PvP types

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Some Quick Space Info for PvP types

TUXs
11.15.2013 , 11:01 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Leafy_Bug View Post
So my Saitek X52 Pro cannot be used ? *facepalm*. Sorry but people buy products all the time to gain an advantage, I fail to see why BioWare would not allow this to 'even the field'.
Yeah, we demand better treatment! I can't use this joystick either EVEN THE FIELD!!!! Without my joystick, I'll be at a disadvantage to those controller kids who have buttons and triggers and d-pads all over the place.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Cryowolf
11.15.2013 , 11:12 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Wainamoinen View Post
[Dulfy] ...was doing much more destroying than being destroyed.
She was a monster in there. Go Dulfy!

Good review, thanks for that. First time I have tried a flight pvp game and I got my butt served to me in every dish imaginable. It was fun though, I think it will be well received for the most part.
Raisins--Scoundrel--The Harbinger

cashogy_reborn
11.15.2013 , 11:33 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Yeah, we demand better treatment! I can't use this joystick either EVEN THE FIELD!!!! Without my joystick, I'll be at a disadvantage to those controller kids who have buttons and triggers and d-pads all over the place.
Hmmmm...... you may be on to something there
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

DanNV
11.15.2013 , 11:57 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Wainamoinen View Post
h, something else I was tempted to keep to myself, but think it's only fair to share: one of the devs on the CPTS forum stated that pitch was more effective than yaw to turn. So you will turn quicker if you roll and pitch than if you simply yaw sideways. I didn't test it, but I can believe it.
I did test it and they are 100% correct. Even the bomber could turn tight this way. (Using yaw it was really a pig to try to maneuver.)

Wainamoinen
11.15.2013 , 01:44 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by mattycutts View Post
1) another thing they said there would be rewards for your ground fighters, did you see any of this?

2) Also what was the grind like to open a new ship up?

3) one last thing, was this legacy wide or each char needs to unlock all ships etc?

4) Sorry for all the questions just buzzing
1) Not that I saw, but it was mainly testing stuff worked, they introduced new ships or something each weekend.

2) Entirely depends on how quickly you earn Fleet reqs, which depends on the rate BW decide to set them at (they varied it in the test). Given the CC cost to convert from common Ship Requisitions to rare Fleet Requisitions, I imagine that if you want to buy a new model anytime soon you'll have to pay some conversion cost in CC. My totally numbers out of my behind guess: 5k to 10k Fleet Reqs; you earn circa 50 Fleet Reqs and 1000 Ship Reqs per battle; 1CC to convert 25 comms at 1-1 rate. Means you could take 100 battles to earn a 5k model from earned Fleet Reqs, or 5 battles and 200 CC to earn 5k Ship Reqs and convert them into Fleet Reqs. Depends on the cost and various rates (costs, rate of earning, CC cost to convert, conversion rate) that BW decide on for Live.

Like I said, the ship models aren't upgrades that you buy, just options, sidegrades. But you can have up to five ships set up in your "loadout" - effectively a stable you choose from - and you can select any of them in battle at the start or when you respawn. So having more options gives you more options and greater versatility in play.

3) Legacy wide? No. For one, the ships are faction specific (if ability-mirrors) so your Imps can't fly Rep ships. I started an Imp char on PTS just to check it out, and could fly from level 1, but only the basic Imp ships despite the fact I had all options and completely maxed a couple of models on Rep. Maybe you could use the same ships on another character of the same faction (didn't check, d'oh), but I strongly suspect that it isn't the case. Expect ships and all their upgrades to be char-specific.

4) I have no problems answering questions, nice ego-massage and to be able to talk about it now the NDA's down. It's just my opinions and experience though, and not Bioware official.
It's a small world and it smells funny, I'd buy another if it wasn't for the money.
Ilmarinen 55 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)

DanNV
11.15.2013 , 02:11 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by mattycutts View Post
thanks for the feed back.

another thing they said there would be rewards for your ground fighters, did you see any of this?
You get credits and experience doing GS, so the rewards would be money and XP. I used a 1st level commando for part of the testing and got him to 12th level and onto Coruscant doing just GS space missions and his basic class missions. I only did the Heoric I had to go through too pick up a datacron, no FPs and no side missions.

Quote:
Also what was the grind like to open a new ship up?
It will be relatively slow unless you want to spend cartel coins. If it's like testing you start with a strike fighter and a scout. The strike fighter takes more damage and the scout goes faster. I found I liked the strike fighter better when I started but preferred the scout after I got the hang of flying and evading. (Not that I'm good at it, but at least I don't blast into every obstacle when evading in the scout, now. ) At 2500 reqs for a new ship (either a different Scout or Strike Fighter or to add a gunship, it's going to take a while. If it's more then 2500 it'll take longer. (At about 50 fleet reqs per match, you're looking at 50 matches. I don't know what weeklies will give.)

Quote:
one last thing, was this legacy wide or each char needs to unlock all ships etc?
Unlocks are character, not legacy.

Wainamoinen
11.15.2013 , 04:53 PM | #17
Just saw this.

PTS is open this weekend, from 7pm CDT (That's 1am GMT).

You can try the space combat for yourself.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=698276

Get your patch in now if you want to, total download is a new instance of the game so big.
It's a small world and it smells funny, I'd buy another if it wasn't for the money.
Ilmarinen 55 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)

thomasbaxter
11.15.2013 , 05:14 PM | #18
Thanks for this. I'm mainly a PVE-er but also a Wing Commander fanatic I've missed Colonel Blair and the Kilrathi so the fact space pvp is arriving.....ooosht