Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The 45 Year and Older Professional Club

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
The 45 Year and Older Professional Club

Pijo
10.31.2013 , 10:49 PM | #701
50 Years Young cause of gaming, been playing since the bulletin boards , but got hooked with EQ when it 1st came out, played them all and now only SWTOR, and The Secret World waiting for the new Skyrim mmo and Wild Star. Live in Vegas and love coming home from work to log on to the Harbinger but I must confess, I am an altoholic cannot play one toon on any game I have ever played. I tend to solo in all mmo's and rarely group up and am ok with that. Have a great day all

Sphinxes
10.31.2013 , 11:21 PM | #702
58 years young. Retired Air Force then teacher. Saw the first Star Wars on the one day we were allowed to leave the base during basic training. First MMO was WoW, took the 20 year old at my regular coffee shop 6 months to convince me to try the game.
Have heals - Will travel

SkyRocker_
11.01.2013 , 11:01 AM | #703
Quote: Originally Posted by Pijo View Post
50 Years Young cause of gaming, been playing since the bulletin boards , but got hooked with EQ when it 1st came out, played them all and now only SWTOR, and The Secret World waiting for the new Skyrim mmo and Wild Star. Live in Vegas and love coming home from work to log on to the Harbinger but I must confess, I am an altoholic cannot play one toon on any game I have ever played. I tend to solo in all mmo's and rarely group up and am ok with that. Have a great day all
Bulletin boards! Haven't heard of those in a while. Back in the mid- late-80's I ran an 8 line BBS which was the largest in the Pittsburgh area, top 10 in the country (at that time) and the largest African-american run board in the US. BBS's didn't get me *into* gaming, but it sure kept it going. Trade Wars, Usurper, etc...

Fidelicatessen
11.04.2013 , 06:54 AM | #704
I'm a 42-year old defect metrologist. I get to work with a scanning electron microscope every day

My mom took me to see Star Wars in the theater when I was 6 years old.

Played EQ1, CoH/CoV, LOTRO, Secret World and now this. I duo with my wife when she feels like playing.

No kids--we ARE the kids

MaxTheGrey
11.13.2013 , 10:49 PM | #705
I'm so glad I found this thread. As a mid-40s Enterprise IT Service Professional with a few kids and my oldest looking at colleges, I feel right at home in this crowd!

While we do have members of all ages, Alea Iacta Est as a guild trends older on average. It's a mix I really appreciate. I like having a chance to reminisce with players that remember MUDs and played MMOs like Ultima Online and Asheron's Call at launch.
@MaxTheGrey of Alea Iacta Est on Jedi Covenant
and of the SWTOR Escape Pod Cast
(Max'z, Mhax, Mhaxs, Mhaxz) (Maxz, Maxxz, M'axz)

Burtlebe
11.15.2013 , 09:28 AM | #706
50 years on this earth, Mechanical Design Manager and IT Manager. I work 50 hours a week and due to handicaps all I can usually do other than work is game so I do that about 50 hours a week also. I started gaming with BBS (bulletin board services) then messed around on Genie. First MMO was The Realm.

I honestly think that online gaming is a great way to keep you mentally cute or was that acute. We have a guy in our guild whom is 61. The greatest thing about MMO's are the chances you have to interact with others from different countries and cultures. After 20+ of gaming I can honestly say it really is a small world thanks to MMOs. While languages may differ, people are a lot closer to being alike than different. I geek is a geek no matter what language they might speak.
Burtimus'prime Vanguard Tank
Guild Leader Army of the Republic / The Army of Darkness / The Unmentionables
The Shadowlands Server

dancezwithnubz
11.20.2013 , 01:13 AM | #707
40, newspaper photographer.

been gaming since, well, I still have a full set of original 1ed AD&D books in a box.

Stradlin
11.20.2013 , 02:23 AM | #708
52 years, President of the United States.

Like most fathers of teenagers, I struggle to find ways of spending time with my children. Initially, I logged in TOR purely to have a common hobby with my daughters. Upon discovering I can kill Republicans in WZs, it became easier to find delights of more self centered nature as well.

As Hollywood movie named Fight Club and my wife both often remind me, " you are not your career". There is something saddening in way how eagerly middle aged men bring their professions even here, to a forum about a video game. How is i that even here, stating one's profession is viewed as most important and self defining aspect of your life.

Channge 2013!

Bilirubin
11.21.2013 , 12:59 PM | #709
2/10

Liked the bit about finding pass times with your children
Cyannin Level 55 Shadow | Rubinin Level 50 Gunslinger | Mikuri Level 55 Sentinel | Vertatin Level 47 Commando | PURgE
Scartina Level 17 Marauder
The Bastion

midianlord
11.21.2013 , 01:57 PM | #710
You don't stop gaming when you get old.

You get old when you stop gaming!
Guys/Gals, could you please start queuing for real Flashpoints again?

r/DPS 4 life

Spoiler