Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Trouble with Taking on Toborro

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Trouble with Taking on Toborro

dirose
09.27.2013 , 05:04 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
The one-shot laser only hits in front of him. Dirose is it possible that you're lagging on this fight?
It could be...All I know is, I get him down to a little less than half way and then he gets me. My companion goes down and then I do. It's very frustrating. I need help finishing this quest, but none of my guild members are online much lately. He has that slowing ability too. I moved a little behind him and to the side of him inside his "personal space" where there were no red circles and still get hit by those bloody beams.

MWidowmaker
09.28.2013 , 07:46 PM | #22
There is a way to cheese the fight, make sure that your companion has all the agro and that you do not, keep using your agro dump if you have to, and even good old Guss can pretty much kill it.

bkmudkipz
10.07.2013 , 09:23 PM | #23
As a Jedi sentinel i was having trouble also.
My solution was to use Force Camouflage and it canceled his big laser attack.
He only used to one shot laser attack once so after that, you should be good for the rest of the fight.

Vestimente
10.25.2013 , 08:26 PM | #24
IMHO - This is the worst implemented quest in any MMO I've ever played. Lets agree that it can be beaten with well timed escapes from the insta-kill laser weapon. That said, the penalty for mistiming this event is having your keyboard unplugged for up to 3 minutes while you wait for the resurrect to be available. There has to be a better way to implement a challenging end mob fight.

I hate this quest with a passion and will never level up another character just because I don't want to do this again.
May the Schwartz be with you!

Vestimente
10.25.2013 , 08:59 PM | #25
Did I mention I hate this quest?
May the Schwartz be with you!

Rizonomy
11.10.2013 , 02:50 PM | #26
So I got rocked instantly in my first two tries, and line-of-sighting him dropped agro and cancelled the fight. I took someone's advice and just ran straight at him and stayed directly underneath or behind him and meleed the crap out of him. Even with my ranged Sage, who doesn't inflict much damage, the fight was won in less than one minute. Never lost my comp, but did have to heal both of us a couple times. With a healer (or a good healer comp), it shouldn't be too hard.

fdbgjfdhjgkjdhsg
11.11.2013 , 05:40 PM | #27
I was using my commando and my best friend was using his sentinel. To take out the golden isotope 5 droid the trick is to always try to stay on its sides. When it powers up its "kill you in one shot death-ray" it it forced to stand in a stationary position as the lasers shoot out its front and back side. When that happens just make sure you are on its right or left side. Troopers have an advantage in fighting it because they can use the "hold the line" ability to keep it from slowing down your movement.

Ionprome
11.17.2013 , 03:42 PM | #28
I hate this boss, I have a jedy knight Tankish. And i tryed in the front, I tryed in the back, I tryed from below. I tryed with the trooper helping, and It was the only way to make him damage, the problem is that I cant make the real damage, if I start doing it i get killed. so..What the Hell with this boss! this is a ****** boss, wrongly designed for the jedy knight, in my point of view. A one shot laser kill! this cannot be possible. They should change it a little to make it more "killable". I tryed like 20 times, and still here, with my lvl 55 jedy knight. How can this be possible?

Ionprome
11.17.2013 , 04:03 PM | #29
after trying all the companions, i got to kill this mob with my jedy knight. Using the trooper companion. in sniper mode. I changed from soresu form to chiisoo form. And I only used basic attacs from my tank. And with some luck i finallly killed it!

Baalzie
11.19.2013 , 09:06 PM | #30
Yes. Did this on my sentinel. (which for the bit slower is a Jedi Knight) After reading a lot of how ****** this fight is I was rather nervous about it, especially since for some reason groups of 4 mobs sometimes instagibb me. But the lousy dude shot that head-butt laser twice and then he was dead. The red circles (his misile barrage targets) was also easy to avoid. And not at all lethal if one got you...
Was the fastest easiest bossfight I have ever had. Did it with Doc out. Even slowed if you're close enough to the mob, you have ample time to get to its' side.

Though I agree, fights of the sort "avoid the oneshotter and win easy" is lazy and daft. IF you have problems of any sort it's just frustrating. If not, it's too easy.

Good Luck folks.