Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

[BUG] SM Dread Fortress - Draxus (Affliction from Guardian ???)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
[BUG] SM Dread Fortress - Draxus (Affliction from Guardian ???)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

chuixupu's Avatar


chuixupu
10.09.2013 , 12:15 PM | #21
Thanks for the update - I'm glad it will be fixed. But what about the healing challenge on Raptus in Dread Palace being hardest to heal in 8M SM, any updates on that?
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=684931
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=685673
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

AmberGreen's Avatar


AmberGreen
10.09.2013 , 12:19 PM | #22 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by thewitchdoctor View Post
Excellent news.

Thank you for getting back to us.
You're welcome. Sorry for trollin'

Quote: Originally Posted by thewitchdoctor View Post
Now, for the others that have posted here (and elsewhere): have you seen this issue with the mass affliction? My guild didn't (but that obviously means nothing to anyone but us).
I didn't figure it was commonly known nor happened as commonly in the encounter as the Guardian bug. Nonetheless, we have it locked down internally, and I'll throw it on the Known Issues so folks know we don't need new reports. Honestly, I may not have mentioned it if it weren't called out in the OP, but then you'd have had a blank reply and that wouldn't have been good either!
Amber Green | Live Services Specialist
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.] [Dev Tracker]

NoFishing's Avatar


NoFishing
10.09.2013 , 12:20 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by thewitchdoctor View Post
Now, for the others that have posted here (and elsewhere): have you seen this issue with the mass affliction? My guild didn't (but that obviously means nothing to anyone but us).
Not really, although we quickly adopted a strategy of treating the Corruptors as kill/interrupt priority #1, so only really see mass affliction complete if we screwed up and are well on our way to a wipe anyway. The requirement to interrupt mass affliction always occurred to us as an intended mechanic, not a bug. But I suppose if the damage from it in 2.4.2 is significantly less, maybe we'll start prioritizing other targets.

NoFishing's Avatar


NoFishing
10.09.2013 , 12:29 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
Thanks for the update - I'm glad it will be fixed. But what about the healing challenge on Raptus in Dread Palace being hardest to heal in 8M SM, any updates on that?
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=684931
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=685673
This seemed to be fixed in the previous patch. In our 8-man SM last night, our healers had no issue at all keeping the NPC up, and in fact we needed to bring our off-healing DPS back into the DPS challenge as it seemed to get a bit tougher. That mob took us ~11 seconds to kill last night, rather than 2 seconds like the previous week.

alphazoolou's Avatar


alphazoolou
10.09.2013 , 12:43 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by thewitchdoctor View Post
Excellent news.

Thank you for getting back to us.

Now, for the others that have posted here (and elsewhere): have you seen this issue with the mass affliction? My guild didn't (but that obviously means nothing to anyone but us).
I never noticed I healed it the day it came out (merc) with a op healer it was tuff we wiped 6 or 7 times on that fight but most of that was just due to raid positioni and awareness I rather enjoyed it honestly.


p.s. yes our raid team can clear NiM content. And if not for our op healer hitting 4400 HpS we would have been doomed

needs nerf for SM thank amber for the response.

chuixupu's Avatar


chuixupu
10.09.2013 , 01:05 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by NoFishing View Post
This seemed to be fixed in the previous patch. In our 8-man SM last night, our healers had no issue at all keeping the NPC up, and in fact we needed to bring our off-healing DPS back into the DPS challenge as it seemed to get a bit tougher. That mob took us ~11 seconds to kill last night, rather than 2 seconds like the previous week.
We did it last night as well with the same results as the week prior. It is possible that the bug is not in the encounter as a whole but triggered by doing or not doing something, or maybe it has to do with a particular healing class.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Yndras's Avatar


Yndras
10.09.2013 , 01:56 PM | #27
What about the 8min enrage timer? That seems a little aggressive for story mode.

10mins would be entirely acceptable.
Layda, Sentinel - Hoarus, Scoundrel
Bandeeto, Mercenary

dscount's Avatar


dscount
10.09.2013 , 04:13 PM | #28
Thank you Amber for the multiple updates! It's greatly appreciated.

Any idea what date 2.4.1 is going to land It looks like 10/15 is the most likely date, but could be 10/22 as well.
Reference Link: Why bother? Folks dropping sub's like flys lately. http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

Suggestions to Bioware: Release "REAL" Sub rewards list.

mr_sim's Avatar


mr_sim
10.09.2013 , 05:42 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Yndras View Post
What about the 8min enrage timer? That seems a little aggressive for story mode.

10mins would be entirely acceptable.
There seems to be rumours about the 2 rounds of bulwark adds(shielded adds) that you need to be on top on 1m away from them to do damage.

I personally can add my voice to these romours as I believe I've witnessed it myself.

If this is true then a Melee heavy group running 8 man will have little or no difficulty, but a ranged group will find it impossible to beat the enrage timer as my group has with 3 snipers and 1 marauder.

I'm going to try stacking our snipers on targets and see if the timer is less of an issue perhaps the stiff timer is not all that stiff at all.

Bioware In the past has extended the timer by small increments such as 30 seconds, I assure you 30 seconds is not anywhere near enough, so assuming they didn't flub the math big time on the timer from the get go there is a serious mechanics issue in 8 man SM

NoFishing's Avatar


NoFishing
10.09.2013 , 11:19 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
We did it last night as well with the same results as the week prior. It is possible that the bug is not in the encounter as a whole but triggered by doing or not doing something, or maybe it has to do with a particular healing class.
I got a chance to heal 8m SM on my sage tonight, and I'll retract my suspicion that the Raptus healer challenge has been fixed. Although we were able to successfully pass the healing challenges tonight, it was unbelievably close, and required me to burn mental alacrity, force potency, relic, and adrenal. And even with all that, I was still reduced to benevolence spam towards the end. For the record my heal set is fully optimized 72s (no 78s yet).

Average healers in at-level gear are going to fail this, so it seems appropriate to call it bugged.