Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

2nd Digital Expansion

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Brewski's Avatar


Brewski
10.08.2013 , 02:42 PM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
Wow. The optimism in this thread is nearing overload.

It's nice (and surprising) that the SSSP is actually real but let's get realistic people. Makeb and Cathar were hyped for many months prior to release. A 6 month time-frame is probably a lot more plausible.
Wow, the pessimism in your post is ... not unexpected at all.

That said, they would not be putting specific dates on an official press release if they weren't pretty sure they could hit it. Back a few weeks when rumors of the SSSP's release were flying (again) I would have agreed with you, at least to a point. Here, I think your continued pessimism on the release date is a bit overdone. Instead you should focus on some other part of it. (Lag, balance, a total lack of X Wings, etc.)

In any event, For myself, I am happy about this for the same reason many others have mentioned. (Free/3D/New PvP content/Sub benefits/etc.) That said, Bioware just killed my plan to let my sub lapse over the holidays and pick it up in January. Looks like I'll be needing to keep active the whole time after all.

Dyronis's Avatar


Dyronis
10.08.2013 , 02:43 PM | #82
Can we get a bit of a better clarification on this? Just seems like PVP content. Which is exciting for it being in space, but any kind of PvE content to go with it? Be nice to blow up a fleet with friends.

CosmicKat's Avatar


CosmicKat
10.08.2013 , 02:44 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by ImpactHound View Post
Least constructive post in this thread. And I was ready to type something super positive too

Anyways, very impressed with the presentation and information coming out so far, it's very surprising.
And you are surprised?

Some of us have been saying for eons that the way to win and keep customers is to give them stuff and reward them for subscribing. That was obviously a terrible plan... till they adopted it which of course makes it now a brilliant plan since it is Company Approved.

idnewton's Avatar


idnewton
10.08.2013 , 02:44 PM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
No, I didn't. Sorry.

What happened? Who killed Bioware and replaced them with a game developer?!
Honestly Bioware is a pretty solid company. Always liked what they've done. My guess is EA is leaning on them really hard, forcing them to do things they don't want to. The relatively large cartel market staff, the first xpac cost, etc. I'm guessing Bioware finally just said f off and let us do it our way. Maybe that isn't exactly how it went down, but it sure feels like recently they've taken a turn for the better.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 20
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +27,000

LordRichardEW's Avatar


LordRichardEW
10.08.2013 , 02:45 PM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by dscount View Post
OMG I just spit up my soda... FREE... after all these months of paying a SUB and we get it FREE...

I'm going to FRAME this and when some EA Bean counter decides to charge "$9.95" for SUB's in a couple months I'll pull this up again.
I don't think they will be able to get away with doing that since they have it on the main saying that it is free as part of an advertisement for the expansion. It would become false advertising if they did.

CosmicKat's Avatar


CosmicKat
10.08.2013 , 02:46 PM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
Wow, the pessimism in your post is ... not unexpected at all.

That said, they would not be putting specific dates on an official press release if they weren't pretty sure they could hit it. Back a few weeks when rumors of the SSSP's release were flying (again) I would have agreed with you, at least to a point. Here, I think your continued pessimism on the release date is a bit overdone. Instead you should focus on some other part of it. (Lag, balance, a total lack of X Wings, etc.)

In any event, For myself, I am happy about this for the same reason many others have mentioned. (Free/3D/New PvP content/Sub benefits/etc.) That said, Bioware just killed my plan to let my sub lapse over the holidays and pick it up in January. Looks like I'll be needing to keep active the whole time after all.
I wasn't trying to be pessimistic. I was trying to be realistic. Which apparently was dumb of me as I didn't notice they actually listed a date.

Glower's Avatar


Glower
10.08.2013 , 02:48 PM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by EranofArcadia View Post
How so? is it lacking something you were expecting?
I'm here for MMO/story and normal ground-based pvp, not some arcade fights and i have X Rebirth as a real space sim alternative.

So yes.
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
10.08.2013 , 02:49 PM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
I wasn't trying to be pessimistic. I was trying to be realistic. Which apparently was dumb of me as I didn't notice they actually listed a date.
No...it's fine Cosmic. It's better to be cautious imo. Just announced today and it's already being heralded as the greatest thing in gaming history.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Sam_Skyrunner's Avatar


Sam_Skyrunner
10.08.2013 , 02:52 PM | #89
You present this as an expansion. Does that mean a new planet and level cap?

LordRichardEW's Avatar


LordRichardEW
10.08.2013 , 02:52 PM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by Glower View Post
I'm here for MMO/story and normal ground-based pvp, not some arcade fights and i have X Rebirth as a real space sim alternative.

So yes.
You know you don't have to take part in it right. It is completely optional and more then likely will not effect your MMO/story and normal ground base pvp.