Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2nd Digital Expansion

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Twin
10.08.2013 , 02:09 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Nothematic View Post
Logically I doubt it will be bolstered. If you think about it, by limiting us to 3 ships (probably with the same parts for each faction) it should be a hell of a lot easier to balance it and also each ship type really has a 'defined' role. For the start, at least, there will be so little variety of gear that I doubt bolster would be necessary.

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if they mixed level 1s and level 55s together because in reality (judging by what I interpreted as 'benefits to your ground character') people will start at the same point, no matter what level they are.
How dare you apply logic to BW regarding pvp!? I will await an official statement =)
SKARECROW
The Crestfallen Legacy
Assassin | Sorcerer | Marauder | Sniper | Mercenary
"You should never trust quotes you read on the internet" Abraham Lincoln

EricMusco
10.08.2013 , 02:10 PM | #52 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Nice work eric Looks...interesting! Any idea if this will be on the test server prior to launch? If so, I'll ask the obvious "happen to know when" question?
Yup! The current plan is that you will see it on PTS before it goes live. I have no information to release yet as to "when" though.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Jett-Rinn
10.08.2013 , 02:10 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Leonick View Post
It's not exactly like this will interest every PvPer while someone who has no interest in regular PvP is guaranteed to have no interest in this.

I don't care for the PvP in SWTOR but I will definitely be playing this. That said, Bioware, know this, I expect you to have singeplayer and possibly coop PvE missions for this as well, not necessarily for the release of this but at some point and not a year after this.
I honestly don't see that happening, PVE missions in space would actually have a development cost while PVP map can be pumped out at little to no cost to the company. I'm not trying to be negative because most folks here know what a huge supporter of the game I have been in the past but , I see PVP map after PVP map and a new avenue to sell cartel coins and that's it. The PVE players will be left out of this completely.

If I'm wrong a dev can happily pop in to correct me.

The_Grand_Nagus
10.08.2013 , 02:11 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Yup! The current plan is that you will see it on PTS before it goes live. I have no information to release yet as to "when" though.

-eric
Can you confirm if this is PvP only?
ALL YOUR LATINUM ARE BELONG TO ME

UltimateKrucible
10.08.2013 , 02:12 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Glzmo View Post
You mean that boring stuff on rails? Is this Space PVP also on rails?
I've been expecting at least off-rails, co-operative PVE and PVP for a "Super-Secret-Space Project". It's kind of a letdown if it isn't.
Check the page - it says OTHER GAMEPLAY MODES!! And that it wil evolve over time!!!
. Shine on, you crazy pixel.

Funny post! The nine circles of SW:TOR PvP hell

Zohrath
10.08.2013 , 02:15 PM | #56
I really hope the devs will increase the re-fire delays between shots, with that speed no skill with aiming is involved, just hold down a button and spray.

idnewton
10.08.2013 , 02:16 PM | #57
The big question is: WHEN? Not so much when it comes out, because we know that, but what that time means.

Quote: Originally Posted by A Paraphrased Obi-Wan
2.5! You were the Chosen Update! It was said you would bring balance to the classes, not forget them! That you would fix the issues, not ignore them! You were my dream... I <3'd you...
In all seriousness, this brings up a big question. When is 2.5 hitting PTS/Live? Will it even exist?
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 23
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +29,000

🗽 'MERICA -- **** YEA! 🗽

Bstr
10.08.2013 , 02:19 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
The big question is: WHEN? Not so much when it comes out, because we know that, but what that time means.

In all seriousness, this brings up a big question. When is 2.5 hitting PTS/Live? Will it even exist?
2.5 is likely to be release along side of the 2nd Expansion on December 3, just like 2.0 was release alongside the first Expansion. December 3 is 9 weeks away from 2.4, which if you take away Thanksgiving, it fits into their plan of an update every 8 weeks.
Bobuster: Sab. Guns. Robcase: Seer Sage Jr An'val: Def. Guard. ShepardCmd: S.S. Vang.
Bosat'ta: Bodyguard Merc. Bophia: Anni. Maurader Borbend: Med. Op.
<Republic's Hammer> <Reformation> Jung-Ma Server

idnewton
10.08.2013 , 02:20 PM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by Bstr View Post
2.5 is likely to be release along side of the 2nd Expansion in December, just like 2.0 was release alongside the first Expansion.
2.0 WAS the expansion. If that did happen here, it'd be 3.0.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 23
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +29,000

🗽 'MERICA -- **** YEA! 🗽

Bstr
10.08.2013 , 02:22 PM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
2.0 WAS the expansion. If that did happen here, it'd be 3.0.
Rise of the Hutt Cartel was the expansion that you had to pay for; 2.0 was the update that was for free. Also, they mentioned that there would be a 2.5 and 2.6 update, so we are not just skipping to 3.0

http://dulfy.net/2013/08/23/swtor-ge...na-tour-files/
Bobuster: Sab. Guns. Robcase: Seer Sage Jr An'val: Def. Guard. ShepardCmd: S.S. Vang.
Bosat'ta: Bodyguard Merc. Bophia: Anni. Maurader Borbend: Med. Op.
<Republic's Hammer> <Reformation> Jung-Ma Server