Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

You stealth-changed the "hurt sounds".

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
You stealth-changed the "hurt sounds".
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

NogueiraA
10.06.2013 , 02:36 PM | #1
Bioware changed the sounds when you hit someone, the "hurt" noises are very different now.

Please do not change the "uuaaahhh" from Annihilation female marauders
Beta tester/Shadowlands.

Jrea
10.07.2013 , 11:44 AM | #2
Agree,

If this was on purpose its extremely annoying and kind of pointless, lets just hope its a bug for now.

Royox
10.07.2013 , 12:24 PM | #3
That's like when they changed Slinger's guns sound from "BANG BANG BANG" to "pew pew pew"....I still miss my gunz sound.

Omedarcus
10.07.2013 , 06:00 PM | #4
I'm not crazy about the sith warrior pain sounds; sounds like the guy's got some serious stomach problems.

VorKoom
10.07.2013 , 06:24 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Omedarcus View Post
I'm not crazy about the sith warrior pain sounds; sounds like the guy's got some serious stomach problems.
I think it sounds as if he is constipated but that's just me and I'm a bit weird
Guildmaster
<Colours>
Casual PvE/PvP Progression Guild
The Red Eclipse EU. Colours Website

JefferyClark
10.07.2013 , 08:30 PM | #6
Yeah, it is a bit annoying. Maybe if there was some variety, but my knight sounds like he is being given a colonoscopy every time he moans.
Jeffinas (Guardian)
Exceptional Legion
Prophecy of the Five

LordArtemis
10.07.2013 , 11:30 PM | #7
Yes, I would have to say it had definitely gotten a bit excessive. Not sure why it was amplified as it was, but IMO that is not the way to improve combat in the game.

Restore the changes made to animations for PVPs sake....that would go a LONG way IMO toward improving the flow and appearance of combat in this game.

Shastblu
10.08.2013 , 12:33 AM | #8
It's not just how they sound, but how often they make those sounds. It used to be that your character didn't make hurt sounds unless they got crit hardcore. Now it's like if you throw a pebble at my warrior, he's got unbearable diarrhea.

There was a short time before this, where I think some classes(at least the male trooper) were making the hurt sounds that NPC enemies normally make. I know this because I heard them when fighting nothing but animal mobs.

LordArtemis
10.08.2013 , 04:19 AM | #9
Former way...

hit [silent] hit [silent] hit [silent] hit [silent] crit [arrgh]

Current way...

hit [arrgh] hit [ugh] hit [oof] hit [ack]

IMO its almost as funny as watching mobs fly away before I knock them back. That's the most amusing and foolish change IMO...looks like a bad stunt move from a B rate martial arts movie.

I would assume that either this is a bug or someone is hitting themselves in the head with a brick again.

Helig
10.08.2013 , 04:49 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Royox View Post
That's like when they changed Slinger's guns sound from "BANG BANG BANG" to "pew pew pew"....I still miss my gunz sound.
They changed them to derive from the gun's sounds themselves. But, to be honest, I still haven't found the gun I like the sound of, and old sounds, I did like better as well.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie