Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

About how many credits have you spent gearing up your characters?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
About how many credits have you spent gearing up your characters?

ZETA_SCORPII
09.21.2013 , 07:28 AM | #11
Before I joined my guild I did the Lonewolf thing so I bought all my gear. I am in full 72's, Mako is almost in full 69's, Blizz is in full 69's, Torian 66/69, and HK 66/69. Everyone is fully auged and I change my appearance sometimes 2-3 times a week, have the best speeders, and help gear my friends. I took an early retirement and started doing dailies literally everyday since May along with FP's and buying/selling on the GTN and make between 500k-1mil a day, plus all my alts and their companions get full artifact upgrades at levels 15, 21, 31, 43 and a bit in between. I'm sure there are plenty of people who have spent more than me but I've shelled my share of creds and I've had a blast! Gearing up is so much fun!

MidichIorian
09.22.2013 , 02:03 AM | #12
Atleast 200 million but possibly the double.

Things quickly add up, and these are just some of the basic things:

* Aug kits, augs and the augmentation cost on a bunch of chars. Some chars have more than two sets.
*Dyes. I have white/white, black/black or white/black in several outfits.
* I usually buy a few end-game items when a new char hits max level, just to make it a smoother ride. Spent 15M on my latest sniper recently.
*Odd gear to complete sets can get really expensive. I spent several million on Phantom parts and that's after I had bought several of the belts, just because the other parts werent listed on GTN, and the belts were the reason I wanted to complete the sets in the first place. Some of those belts cost me 1,4M.
*Not really gear but I'm always on the look for more speeders so I've paid a good deal for the ones I was missing.
*I had the czerka crate for a while.
*Million on the leveling process. I get into orange gear the second I hit the fleet and armorings usually cost 20K or more. I tend to avoid the planetary armorings since BW has, through some idiotic move, introduced Endurance heavy stuff. Why is Patron even in the game?

Dallayna
09.23.2013 , 01:08 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
Atleast 200 million but possibly the double.

Things quickly add up, and these are just some of the basic things:

* Aug kits, augs and the augmentation cost on a bunch of chars. Some chars have more than two sets.
*Dyes. I have white/white, black/black or white/black in several outfits.
* I usually buy a few end-game items when a new char hits max level, just to make it a smoother ride. Spent 15M on my latest sniper recently.
*Odd gear to complete sets can get really expensive. I spent several million on Phantom parts and that's after I had bought several of the belts, just because the other parts werent listed on GTN, and the belts were the reason I wanted to complete the sets in the first place. Some of those belts cost me 1,4M.
*Not really gear but I'm always on the look for more speeders so I've paid a good deal for the ones I was missing.
*I had the czerka crate for a while.
*Million on the leveling process. I get into orange gear the second I hit the fleet and armorings usually cost 20K or more. I tend to avoid the planetary armorings since BW has, through some idiotic move, introduced Endurance heavy stuff. Why is Patron even in the game?
I think, if memory serves, Patron was for Scrapper Scoundrels and Concealment Operatives but like many things that fall by the wayside in these types of games, it got left behind as the mechanics got tweaked and changed like the lower-level crystal crafting for Artifice. It's not useful anymore but it's too much trouble to pull.
I Defeat Enemies Endless! Add Another!