Is it time to give Taunt a Healing Debuff?

Wraiven

As I am sure most of you are aware, WZ's (Especially on Pot5) have turned in to Heal Wars, instead of Star Wars. Killing anyone in a lot of these PvP matches has become a complete pain in the rear unless you are a part of a pre made. Due to the huge influx of Healer PvPers lately, is it time to give a 20%'ish Healing Debuff addition to Taunts?

I don't know...I hate nerfs...so I don't presume to ask to nerf a healer class....but buffing other classes to compensate does seem a more appropriate solution.

Not like a lot of bads use taunt in warzones either.

I always see people in tank capable classes, getting 18k protection. I just ask inwardly. HOW?!!

I don't know man. In 55 on PoT5 we get the Jugg smashers and Decep sins out every weekend and those guys are pros, and also bads, but either way I constantly see a taunt on my Mando. I guess they think that IF I do decide to do some ****** DPS then it will be even worse with a taunt? I can agree with a healing debuff from taunt. Seeing that my main is a Tank on this "Heal Wars" server I'll be able to do some good with my taunts.

If you think healers need nerfs you are bad. I'm sorry, but there is no other way around it. Unless there is a lot of running around, there is no reason, especially with bolster, to be doing 400 damage per second. Yet every game I see 1-2 people pulling those number. It's not tanks or nodeguarders either. These are deathmatching pure deeps . And it's not like the other dps are doing much better than 400dps anyways. Now lets change the circumstances and say the other team has 3-4 healers, and a tank. A team with good dps will still have trouble bc of no voice communication, but will be able to get 10 kills in a 15 min game. The problem with nerfing healers is that they are responsible for themselves and 3 others. A healer and dps of similar skill will do roughly 1.5/1 heal to damage ratio. On POT5 which is now a pve server, you may have 2 pyro mercenaries with 33k health doing 350 dps, while a good healer can triple that. Thats when it becomes a problem. In regs where even good dps will be breaking some cc and putting out a lot of damage are barely getting by, the 2 pve dps team with no skill or gear is an automatic loss. Now... lets say all 8 or 4 on both sides are good and are using voice communication. Healers in games like that will be pushed to the limits. They need dps and tanks to cc and peel just to get by. So it really comes down to buffing bolster for pvers or spitting on good players by nerfing heals.

What do you do with the existing heal debuffs that some classes have?

It sort of wrecks their utility, even though most of the bad players out there have never used the ability once.

This. Classes already have this and in ranked a team might cc heals and hardswitch to the debuffed target. Just bc the marauder on the team can't communicate with you doesn't mean nearly all the classes can apply healing debuffs everywhere.

If you think healers need nerfs you are bad. I'm sorry, but there is no other way around it. Unless there is a lot of running around, there is no reason, especially with bolster, to be doing 400 damage per second. Yet every game I see 1-2 people pulling those number. It's not tanks or nodeguarders either. These are deathmatching pure deeps . And it's not like the other dps are doing much better than 400dps anyways. Now lets change the circumstances and say the other team has 3-4 healers, and a tank. A team with good dps will still have trouble bc of no voice communication, but will be able to get 10 kills in a 15 min game. The problem with nerfing healers is that they are responsible for themselves and 3 others. A healer and dps of similar skill will do roughly 1.5/1 heal to damage ratio. On POT5 which is now a pve server, you may have 2 pyro mercenaries with 33k health doing 350 dps, while a good healer can triple that. Thats when it becomes a problem. In regs where even good dps will be breaking some cc and putting out a lot of damage are barely getting by, the 2 pve dps team with no skill or gear is an automatic loss. Now... lets say all 8 or 4 on both sides are good and are using voice communication. Healers in games like that will be pushed to the limits. They need dps and tanks to cc and peel just to get by. So it really comes down to buffing bolster for pvers or spitting on good players by nerfing heals.

Holy ****, well said!