Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Full Partisan gear, and almost full augmented. Whats next?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Full Partisan gear, and almost full augmented. Whats next?

zipain
09.20.2013 , 05:33 PM | #1
Title says it all, how to improve gear for pvp other than getting rating in wz??

vimm
09.20.2013 , 05:56 PM | #2
Trade your warzone comms for rated warzone comms and get the next tier of gear. You should wait though, as the next update will be eliminating partisan gear, making conqueror gear purchasable with regular warzone comms and implementing a new tier of PvP gear.

The trade-in for comms is a 1:3 ratio, and it's at the PvP vendor next to the PvP terminal.
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

zipain
09.20.2013 , 06:04 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by vimm View Post
Trade your warzone comms for rated warzone comms and get the next tier of gear. You should wait though, as the next update will be eliminating partisan gear, making conqueror gear purchasable with regular warzone comms and implementing a new tier of PvP gear.

The trade-in for comms is a 1:3 ratio, and it's at the PvP vendor next to the PvP terminal.
How long till that new gear comes?

And I see people with 30kish hp. sometimes more! I am full partisan and have around 24k health, do the rated gear really increase stats that much ???!

vimm
09.20.2013 , 06:36 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by zipain View Post
How long till that new gear comes?

And I see people with 30kish hp. sometimes more! I am full partisan and have around 24k health, do the rated gear really increase stats that much ???!
I'm not entirely certain when 2.4 is coming out, but it is a fairly big update in which they are implementing arenas as well - though I imagine it will be rather soon. I believe they said October.

It is worth it, but not completely necessary to upgrade. It definitely adds up.

Do you have class buffs on? Do you have datacrons?
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

Heal-To-Full
09.20.2013 , 07:07 PM | #5
Never augment stock shells, especially PvP ones.
Augment oranges and pull mods. You'll need shells to trade in.
What we must fight for is to safeguard the existence of the Sith race and the Sith people, the glory of our children and the purity of our blood, the freedom and independence of the Empire, so that we may fulfill the mission allotted us by the Force itself. Everything must be examined from this point of view and used or rejected according to its utility.

zipain
09.20.2013 , 07:24 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Heal-To-Full View Post
Never augment stock shells, especially PvP ones.
Augment oranges and pull mods. You'll need shells to trade in.
Ty very much for pointing that out!!! I didn't even think of that! Didnt want to augment my gear because it cost a lot and I was going to change the gear anyways... But ofc if i get orange i just swap.. And I though i would be stuck with these stats till next patch.. You just made my day!