Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Summary Opinion on Each Advance Class performance in PVP.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
A Summary Opinion on Each Advance Class performance in PVP.

Thrangbrand
09.20.2013 , 10:16 AM | #1
Do you think each class is Balanced in PVP? I guess it depends on your playing style and what you enjoy more. For example I am much better at ranged attacks but am okay melee. Please give a Summary on various advanced classes in a sentence or two on how you find them in PVP and which class you think is the best.

Sith Sorcerer / Jedi Sage - For me theres only one Skill Tree. Madness/Balance. DOT's own. Pumping out constant Force Lightning with DOT's, instant crit ability every minute and good CC, death field, with Electrocute and Whirlwind from Range with static shield I would do the best with this class getting between 1st and 3rd sometimes 4th or possibly 5th but most of the time I would get 1st or 2nd in Kills and good medals.

Sniper / Gunslinger - I do pretty good with this class. Usuallly get in the top 5. I find they are a bit squishy but a Marksmanship with Followthrough, Leg Shot and good knock backs I can defend against melee okay if its just one of them. However if I get a good Snipers nest point where people don't seem to notice me I pump out insane DPS dropping 5 or 6 enemies in a row. However my performance hitting level 30 and getting thrown in with the 54's I am coming 5th or below. Maybe I need more levels.

Sith Assassin / Jedi Shadow - Played to level 20. Not my style at all. I went infiltration and found it annoying having to be behind them to land backstabs. I didn't like chasing people and wasn't very good with stealth spec in this class. I noticed some people dance around their target making them hard to get hit all the time. And know how to chase people. I however don't.

Jedi Guardian - I went DPS spec. Did better then my Jedi Shadow. The Leap ability is really handy to pick off wounded enemies. Did okay with them but only played to level 20. I know Sentinels do more damage but I prefer the traditional one sabre style.

Mercenary/Commando - I did pretty good with this class liking the range. They have more mobility then Sniper but still need to be stationary to launch rockets if going DPS tree. Better armor and healing. But I find the Sniper has better DPS. Still they are pretty decent in PVP.

I wont list every advanced class. So list a few advanced classes you have played and give impressions on their PVP ability for you. Which is your favorite and so fourth.

Crazy-eight.

Luckeyduckey
09.20.2013 , 10:33 AM | #2
Don't talk about classes until you hit 55. Stating this:

Assassins: Highest Burst by a mile. Decent tank. Lowest Sustained damage
Mercenaries: Strong burst, strong sustained, bad healing.
Juggernauts: High Damage, Best Tank. Strongest AoE pressure.
Marauder: Highest damage, strong utility.
Sniper: Decent utility, High Damage
Sorcerer: High burst, High AoE, Decent Healing.
Powertech: Decent tank, Decent damage.
Operative: Strongest Healing (By 12 miles, at least.), decent damage.

Overall damage (Subject to player skill as well. I play a PT, and out DPS all of those classes, but this is my list regarding average players.)
Marauder
Juggernaut
Sorcerer
Sniper
Mercenary
Operative
Powertech
Assassin

Burst: (again, subject to change)
Engi Snipers (However, it requires the roll to hit the target.)
Assassin
Sorcerer (lightning)
Marauder (carnage)
Mercenary
Sniper (MM)
Operative (concealment)
Powertech (Pyro)
Juggernaut (Smash really isn't that bursty. One hit for a high amount, but it can't burst a single target.)

Healing:
Operative

Sorcerer
Mercenary

Tanking:
Juggernaut
Powertech
Assassin

Tank damage:
Assassin
Powertech
Juggernaut

Offensive Healing:
Sorcerer
Mercenary
Operative

Defensive DPS:
Marauder (Smash)
Powertech (AP)
Juggernaut (Veng)
Mercenary (Arsenal)
Sniper (Engi)
Assassin
Sorcerer
Operative

That's what I think.

ErikGW
09.20.2013 , 10:45 AM | #3
I like them all, i play them all.

I think every class in this game has a fairly good advantage/disadvantage balance.

Some classes/builds combined in a team build create severe misbalance over others.

I think the single best change BW could make to this game would be to make all unranked queues solo and all ranked queues groups (of various sizes so pairs and 4-mans can do ranked).

I do think the ranked solo arena queue is a good idea though.

I think the biggest turn-off in unranked wzs for a long time has been bring a group or most likely get stomped by the enemy teams.

People get frustrated and whine about class imbalances, but the real issue is cookie cutter groups.

I tend to never run solo myself. But my group is never jugg tank op healer double smashmonkey because it's just a lame way to play.

That's why my favorite class to play is lightning hybrid sorc and get numbers rivaling the smashmonkeys in the game :-)
Jung ma: Nyshka, Nyshkal, Nyshkai, Nyshkar, Nyskali, Nyshkan, Nyshkae of Gold Nugget Gang
There are other names i can't exactly remember. True altaholic.

stupidsyrup
09.20.2013 , 05:39 PM | #4
You can't get a very good answer from these kind of questions because people all have different opinions. For example, the guy a couple posts above says that Operative healing is best by "12 miles at least". I disagree. Op healing is good but boring. Merc healing is my favorite, fun and challenging with great heals in the right hands (like mine).

Marauder has best DPS in game period, with Sniper having best sustained and Assassin best burst.
Juggs are the best Tanks however PT's are better than most give them credit for.
I personally hate DoT trees except for Balance/Madness. Something about them I really hate, but they can be really strong, like Lethality.
The Indomitable STUPIDSYRUP
<Albino Brothers>
Battlemaster Jeffray
War Hero Alexowens

Gnoblesse
09.20.2013 , 06:44 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ErikGW;6770716.

I think the single best change BW could make to this game would be to make all unranked queues solo and all ranked queues groups (of various sizes so pairs and 4-mans can do ranked).

I do think the ranked solo arena queue is a good idea though.
Lol. So bearing in mind that 8 man ranked is going away - if I want to play with even one other friend, I can only do arenas? No thanks.

Created
09.20.2013 , 07:18 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Luckeyduckey View Post
Don't talk about classes until you hit 55. Stating this:

Assassins: Highest Burst by a mile. Decent tank. Lowest Sustained damage
Mercenaries: Strong burst, strong sustained, bad healing.
Juggernauts: High Damage, Best Tank. Strongest AoE pressure.
Marauder: Highest damage, strong utility.
Sniper: Decent utility, High Damage
Sorcerer: High burst, High AoE, Decent Healing.
Powertech: Decent tank, Decent damage.
Operative: Strongest Healing (By 12 miles, at least.), decent damage.

Overall damage (Subject to player skill as well. I play a PT, and out DPS all of those classes, but this is my list regarding average players.)
Marauder
Juggernaut
Sorcerer
Sniper
Mercenary
Operative
Powertech
Assassin

Burst: (again, subject to change)
Engi Snipers (However, it requires the roll to hit the target.)
Assassin
Sorcerer (lightning)
Marauder (carnage)
Mercenary
Sniper (MM)
Operative (concealment)
Powertech (Pyro)
Juggernaut (Smash really isn't that bursty. One hit for a high amount, but it can't burst a single target.)

Healing:
Operative

Sorcerer
Mercenary

Tanking:
Juggernaut
Powertech
Assassin

Tank damage:
Assassin
Powertech
Juggernaut

Offensive Healing:
Sorcerer
Mercenary
Operative

Defensive DPS:
Marauder (Smash)
Powertech (AP)
Juggernaut (Veng)
Mercenary (Arsenal)
Sniper (Engi)
Assassin
Sorcerer
Operative

That's what I think.
What's the difference between "high" and "strong" here?