Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith who dont have purple lightsabers but should have

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Sith who dont have purple lightsabers but should have

Exoscall
09.11.2013 , 04:29 AM | #1
Im thinking about this, sith like palpatine or vader should have had purple lightsabers instead of red, yes, people in 1977 might not have thought of a purple lightsaber for sith yet but still, which sith should have had a purple lightsaber instead of red?

theUndead
09.11.2013 , 05:02 AM | #2
I disagree that they should have had purple sabers. Because according to the lore red was the iconic colour of the Sith.
The Hellion Legacy (Harbinger)
Referal Link
For free stuff and coins including a one time character transfer.
"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy." Friedrich Nietzsche

Slightrider
09.12.2013 , 10:45 AM | #3
Purple?? What's the significance?
ˇɹǝʌo ǝɯ dılɟ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟI

Anysao
09.15.2013 , 08:29 AM | #4
I really don't know about this. Red seems to be the only fit color for them. But the Sith I would like to see with purp's is: Asajj Ventress. Sure, not really a Sith, but she could pull of twin purple lightsabers, right?
Ooh! In WildStar, I get double jumps, path choices, and massive PvP!That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?

I will never take someone who says "EAware" seriously.

AlexDougherty
09.15.2013 , 08:33 AM | #5
Vader should have had the Red lightsaber, possibly Palpatine should have have Purple, but I feel Yellow is more his colour.

Darth Tyranus aka Count Dooku should have had Purple, and possibly Exar Kun.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

Selenial
09.17.2013 , 12:13 PM | #6
Only Six Dark lords ever wielded blades that were not Red, and only one of those (Traya) was actually Purple.

Despite what you think, Purple was not common place among the Sith.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away from… save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Aurbere
09.17.2013 , 12:29 PM | #7
Seeing Mace Windu with the purple lightsaber makes me feel that Purple signifies someone that isn't fully on one side.

So for movie characters, I feel that Dooku would be the best Sith for a purple lightsaber.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Beniboybling
09.17.2013 , 01:22 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Seeing Mace Windu with the purple lightsaber makes me feel that Purple signifies someone that isn't fully on one side.

So for movie characters, I feel that Dooku would be the best Sith for a purple lightsaber.
I don't know, Dooku seemed to come across as very much a Sith Lord.

Purple sabers I feel should be reserved for Jedi, who are walking the line between light and dark. Because once you adopt the title of Sith Lord, your a Sith. End of story.

Aurbere
09.17.2013 , 03:28 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I don't know, Dooku seemed to come across as very much a Sith Lord.
I recommend reading Dark Rendezvous. Not only is it a great read, but it delves into the relationship between Yoda and Dooku, and how Dooku still has ties to Yoda.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Selenial
09.17.2013 , 04:16 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I recommend reading Dark Rendezvous. Not only is it a great read, but it delves into the relationship between Yoda and Dooku, and how Dooku still has ties to Yoda.
'Tis a fantastic Book.

Made me hate Anakin and Obi-wan Just a little though...
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away from… save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger