Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Chloe Moretz strongly linked to a role in Star Wars Episode VII.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Chloe Moretz strongly linked to a role in Star Wars Episode VII.

Beniboybling
09.12.2013 , 10:08 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by fellblade View Post
No Offence
But I hope that The Twins / Darth Caedus stuff are retconned out of existence

I did see rumours about Leia having a daughter and Luke Having a Son - so while there may be a next generation I hope it is different from what they did in the EU.

I would rather see some new Original Characters and plotlines not based on the Post ROTJ EU (Except Thrawn of Course)

I do realise that this is My Personal Opinion and I am sure many would disagree with me.
None taken my friend, none taken. The post-ROTJ can burn for all I care, its gone from a sci-fi fantasy opera to simply being another sci-fi...

Slightrider
09.12.2013 , 10:40 AM | #12
Awesome! I actually dressed up my Kira in a purple cape and mask to look like Hitgirl! lol
ɹǝʌo ǝɯ dılɟ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟI

fellblade
09.12.2013 , 12:01 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
None taken my friend, none taken. The post-ROTJ can burn for all I care, its gone from a sci-fi fantasy opera to simply being another sci-fi...
Exactly - it became a bit too Dragonball Z 'Powercreep' for me

And you hit the Nail on the head with what Star Wars is for me:

I am a Sci-Fi fan and I am a Fantasy Fan - Star Wars Blended these 2 genres perfectly for me - and this is what edges it out for me over all the other Sci-Fi Franchises. I love the Fantasy/Mystical elements of Star Wars - combined with the cool tech and especially the Characters of the OT.

I Like the Force Powerlevels in the films where Jedi/Sith do not seem ridiculous and Lightning wasExtremely Rare (and in my opinion should have remained a Sidious only power in the films). The Force Enhanced Physical Abilities, Clairvoyance/minor mind control and Telekinesis were enough to make them obviously Powerful but not to the point where they are undefeatable and still don't have to work hard and have that certain amount of luck/destiny to achieve their goals......
Quote: Originally Posted by Barringer View Post
Tulak Hord is only an unknown because he killed anyone that has ever seen him fight.

Wolfninjajedi
09.12.2013 , 12:05 PM | #14
I really, really must have read/seen too many DC/Marvel/DH etc comics cause I don't see the complaining about characters being all powerful it all just seems normal to me.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Beniboybling
09.12.2013 , 12:11 PM | #15
Funny, I've set up a google alert sending me Star Wars news everyday. And through it I've heard a whole range of rumors on just about every actor out there, on Moretz? Not one.

Real news. Don't be silly.

fellblade
09.12.2013 , 12:18 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
I really, really must have read/seen too many DC/Marvel/DH etc comics cause I don't see the complaining about characters being all powerful it all just seems normal to me.
Yeah - I kind of Figured you as a Green Lantern Fan

I suppose that it wasn't that they were necessarily too powerful as a whole in the big scheme of things - (I like Silver Surfer as much as the next guy )
However, they just became too powerful for what my own personal vision (based on the films) of what Star Wars Jedi/Sith should be and kind of lost its way for me.....

But as I said - it is just opinion
Tulak Hord is only an unknown because he killed anyone that has ever seen him fight.

Wolfninjajedi
09.12.2013 , 12:19 PM | #17
Funny, I've set up a google alert sending me Star Wars news everyday. And through it I've heard a whole range of rumors on just about every actor out there, on Moretz? Not one.

Well rumors are rumors until proven.

Wolfninjajedi
09.12.2013 , 12:21 PM | #18
Yeah - I kind of Figured you as a Green Lantern Fan

I suppose that it wasn't that they were necessarily too powerful as a whole in the big scheme of things - (I like Silver Surfer as much as the next guy )
However, they just became too powerful for what my own personal vision (based on the films) of what Star Wars Jedi/Sith should be and kind of lost its way for me.....

But as I said - it is just opinion
Nah I ain't a GL fan, I mean I like the GL corps but...eh...I got a number of Heroes I like.

Well based on the films sure, but tech n all that. The books do also depict them as being powerful moreso then the film and so forth. But ya I know, opinion and all.

fellblade
09.12.2013 , 12:22 PM | #19

Yep - Sorry I kind did derail this topic...

I do agree that Chloe Moretz is a good casting Choice

I reckon she would be good as Benedict Cumberbatch's Sith Apprentice

bionamaster
09.14.2013 , 10:44 AM | #20
Yep - Sorry I kind did derail this topic...

I do agree that Chloe Moretz is a good casting Choice

I reckon she would be good as Benedict Cumberbatch's Sith Apprentice
Darth Cumberbatch......a name that truly strikes fear into his enemies.....

I haven't seen any of Moretz's work, but it sounds like she's good.
Reminder: Mechanized posting is for non-trolling business only. Enjoy your stay.
Parrius, Level 55 Jedi Sentinel Parian, Level 20 Commando
Tremarr Legacy, CE Subbed since Launch, Shadowlands Server
For the Republic!