Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can we get a developer dialogue going on why class stories are not in the cards?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Can we get a developer dialogue going on why class stories are not in the cards?

RaiderMid
08.30.2013 , 03:50 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Yes, $10 for subs (which is what I paid)...and $20 for non subs. Funny eh?
It isn't worth 20 bucks in my opinion. 15 is even a stretch. I like the Makeb storyline but it is too short. The only redeeming value it brings imo is you get 5 levels and have access to 55 content.

markcymru
08.30.2013 , 04:06 PM | #102
To me the worst part about the lack of class stories is the disincentive to play subsequent alts through Makeb. I知 expecting that it値l still be OK with my 2nd Imperial character and my 1st and 2nd Republic characters, but after that it値l likely be too tedious to bother with any more alts (I have 12 so far). For me, that has essentially cut the scope of this game by 2/3 .

But there痴 an implication to this that I haven稚 seen discussed yet. That is, what happens when BioWare brings out Levels 55+? The only characters of mine that I値l be able to take into the new levels above 55 will be the ones that have already gone through Makeb. I致e only got one partly through Makeb, which happened to be the one character that had reached 50. Now I値l have to carefully pick which other alts I知 going to take into Makeb, because I知 going to be stuck with them forever if BioWare keeps to their policy of no class stories.

A disturbing thought maybe this is a sneaky way for BW to introduce P2W You pay to get your remaining alts up to 55 without putting in the tedium. Machiavellian or what!?
撤atriarchy, it turns out, is prettiest when it痴 on fire. Laurie Penny, Buzzfeed

Dan_Loto
08.30.2013 , 05:01 PM | #103
I recently beat all 8 class stories and cancelled my subscription. I've been subscribed to SWTOR from the earliest possible point using the 6 month sub plans and still have some time left. I might pay for a month every now and then if I want to play one of my alts, but it certainly won't be the amount of money they'd get if I was subscribed 12 months a year. Alone the money I pay doesn't really have any impact on Bioware, but I'm sure there's tons of people like me out there.

Quote: Originally Posted by islander View Post
The answer is simple: Because they can't sell the class advancement stories on the cartel market.
I rarely use the Cartel Market, but I'd buy all 8 expansions!

Lunafox
08.30.2013 , 09:10 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by RaiderMid View Post
It isn't worth 20 bucks in my opinion. 15 is even a stretch. I like the Makeb storyline but it is too short. The only redeeming value it brings imo is you get 5 levels and have access to 55 content.
You'll get no argument from me. I didn't feel it was worth my $10...There should have been more there.
There's been an awakening. Have you felt it?

chuixupu
08.30.2013 , 10:36 PM | #105
Regardless of what you think about Makeb, the point is they charged people for 2 faction storylines and people bought it, seems like most people did actually enjoy it. So I think it's not out of the question that they could produce class stories and charge a bit more for them. I'm not saying they will, just that it goes against the idea of "well, they can't put it on the Cartel Market so they won't do it".
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Maeloda
08.31.2013 , 07:57 AM | #106
Simply, if they don't have more class story and plot advancement regarding it, I'll just do my 8 class stories, Makeb twice (one for Republic, one for Empire... like I guess it was designed), and then leave. *clap clap* way to go Bioware.

I'd like an answer too. If not, whatever, I'll do what I just stated, and then leave.

ZionHalcyon
08.31.2013 , 02:09 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
Regardless of what you think about Makeb, the point is they charged people for 2 faction storylines and people bought it, seems like most people did actually enjoy it. So I think it's not out of the question that they could produce class stories and charge a bit more for them. I'm not saying they will, just that it goes against the idea of "well, they can't put it on the Cartel Market so they won't do it".
I enjoyed it, but it really irked me in spots story-wise....

Mercurial_Harpy
08.31.2013 , 06:06 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by ZionHalcyon View Post
I enjoyed it, but it really irked me in spots story-wise....
I didn't really mind Makeb. I ran it twice on 2 Imp toons but I'm struggling with my Trooper. There are parts of the planet that are so annoying (endless trash mobs with high-agro range), I am considering just leveling via PvP and wrapping up the faction story as quickly as possible.

Personally, if Bioware wants to "wrap up" class stories, that's fine with me. The problem is 1. They didn't make it clear from the outset that they were closed story lines (because they weren't, obviously) and 2. Many of the stories have loose ends. I think what a lot of folks are hoping for in this thread is that EA/Bioware realizes the error they've made regarding class story and choose to release another chapter (or 1/2 a chapter, whatever) that ties up some or most of the loose story ends (Agent, Warrior, JK, come immediately to mind).

I don't think that's too much to ask. Let's say for instance, they don't want to do full chapters. They could certainly send each class a datacron or holo vid. There are ways to do it. EA just has to want to.

Never mind an official response on the matter, which is yet to be seen...
~The Argost Legacy~

~Jedi Covenant~

ZionHalcyon
09.02.2013 , 08:09 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by Mercurial_Harpy View Post
I didn't really mind Makeb. I ran it twice on 2 Imp toons but I'm struggling with my Trooper. There are parts of the planet that are so annoying (endless trash mobs with high-agro range), I am considering just leveling via PvP and wrapping up the faction story as quickly as possible.

Personally, if Bioware wants to "wrap up" class stories, that's fine with me. The problem is 1. They didn't make it clear from the outset that they were closed story lines (because they weren't, obviously) and 2. Many of the stories have loose ends. I think what a lot of folks are hoping for in this thread is that EA/Bioware realizes the error they've made regarding class story and choose to release another chapter (or 1/2 a chapter, whatever) that ties up some or most of the loose story ends (Agent, Warrior, JK, come immediately to mind).

I don't think that's too much to ask. Let's say for instance, they don't want to do full chapters. They could certainly send each class a datacron or holo vid. There are ways to do it. EA just has to want to.

Never mind an official response on the matter, which is yet to be seen...
If they want to wrap up class stories, then fine, but don't do it in a sloppy quick manner. The game was built on the quality of story and it should be maintained.

What I'd prefer, honestly, is them to map out a total complete story, plan ahead how many levels they plan on going up to, and then conclude the story and the class stories at that level. Once that's done, instead of continuing to add levels and tacking more to a finished story, go BACK to the near beginning, and add all new planetary stories happening in the same time frame as the class story and planet stories.

This way, those class people get the joy of a complete story, and the devs once done can just do planet stories to their hearts content in the same timeframe.

That way, you don't have a neverending story that just ends up stale. Instead you have a set time frame you get to ENRICH because you can allow your character to, in addition to the class story, be a part of some bigger arc planetary stories or even galactic stories that give the universe depth.

Crawelc
09.02.2013 , 08:18 PM | #110
If they could afford to have dialogue they could afford more class story, so you will get neither. And you will like it.
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest><Super Bads><Murica Force><The Cream><RSU>
All Imprimis All the time.
GM of 3 dead guilds and counting.