Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can we have another double XP weekend please?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Can we have another double XP weekend please?

Mowermanx
08.30.2013 , 11:04 AM | #21
If they ever do it again, they just need to send out a consumable to every mail box.

Nickious
08.30.2013 , 11:39 AM | #22
I like double XP weekends but I really don't want them all the time. Once every two months maybe.

Better yet, how about a consumable that grants double XP for a few days via the mail? That way you can use it as you please.

RixoFutu
08.30.2013 , 12:04 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Nickious View Post
I like double XP weekends but I really don't want them all the time. Once every two months maybe.

Better yet, how about a consumable that grants double XP for a few days via the mail? That way you can use it as you please.
Actually that is pretty good idea. We already got 25% booster, just take it and make it 100% devs!
"Once, I thought myself a monster. I played in rivers of blood and laughed as innocents quaked. Yet when I touched the Dread Masters, I saw that my darkness was but a shadow of true depravity."

Scriffle
08.30.2013 , 01:14 PM | #24
/sign

I want an operative and assassin , please give me double exp =D
- Koré -Operative on Tomb Of Freedonn Nadd
Unavailable
Get free cartel market unlocks and a free character transfer! Click!

Arkerus
08.30.2013 , 01:16 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Brucesim View Post
If they do it, they gotta have an opt out option. It's impossible to keep your gear up to date (thinking cybertech here) when you've outleveled the planet you are on, and you cant gather mats required to update because the current planet is set to drop mats 2 generations out of date.
Solution...get the gear you need. Craft it or buy mods with planet comms. I have had zero issues keeping gear up to date.

Double XP is great. Keep em coming.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

Brucesim
08.30.2013 , 07:53 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkerus View Post
Solution...get the gear you need. Craft it or buy mods with planet comms. I have had zero issues keeping gear up to date.

Double XP is great. Keep em coming.
You are missing the point. What I'm saying is that say you are on Nar Shaddaa, at level 27 for instance, you cant craft the level 27 gear, because you will never find the mats you need for that gear on Nar Shaddaa. Planetary comms help you get around that, but if you have a full set of orange gear, good luck getting enough comms to keep up. And the more you outlevel a planet (as double xp will exacerbate) the worse it becomes. My operative is level 25 on Nar Shaddaa, and has only used 1 xp token (on the starting planet), and still has 1/2 Nar Shadda to go. So while my level 27 example might be an exaggeration, it's not by much.

This is why I say we need an opt out option. Or do you think it's fair that those who don't want a double xp period should be forced to not play the game while said double xp is running?

Blankstare
08.30.2013 , 08:06 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by TravelersWay View Post
You have your way of enjoying the game, others have theirs. Double XP weekends ruin the way I have fun in this game, as it does for many others. You don't like the planetary quests, I find them enjoyable - on every character I play. I find joy in making different selections regardless of whether those choices impacts the outcome or not. I do not enjoy skipping content no matter how many times I may have done it previously nor do I enjoy being so overleveled for said content that it makes the already "incredibly easy" game even more brain dead easier.
This is exactly how I feel. I would love for BW to give players as many double xp weekends as they want. However, I would simply like the ability to turn off that buff. Again, I love how much more populated areas are during times of double xp, but I out level planets as it is. I enjoy questing, on all of my characters, and doing "the same quests" is just fine for me due to the different options different classes make available.

Long story short: I would support double xp every weekend if only I could click it off like I can my class buffs. Hell, I'm even fine with having to click it off each time I log in even if it's on a character I've already clicked it off on.
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.

- Thorin Oakenshield

NogueiraA
08.30.2013 , 10:31 PM | #28
Will be VERY easy for them to mail all the players with a consumable buff, increasing XP by X% for X time. It's your choic to use or not, everybody will be happy.

They nerfed A LOT the XP reward, so the double XP is almost we had when the game launched.
Beta tester/Shadowlands.

mattycutts
09.06.2013 , 05:48 AM | #29
/signed

please add more double exp week ends asap.
RED ECLIPSE - Unrelenting (Rep) / The Deathbringers (emp)
(Ground & Space PVP only) - Republic main
Empire - Quickblast / Quickstrike / Quickblow / Quickcast / Toretto
Republic - Quickblasts / Quickslam / Quickvolley
Former Baccas Blade / Nightmare Lands

elstaar
09.06.2013 , 05:53 AM | #30
and don't forget to double planetary comms gain from every source then