Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Graphics Problem - Interface Warping, Distorted

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Graphics Problem - Interface Warping, Distorted
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

jbonbon
07.25.2013 , 05:38 PM | #1
I've had this problem for about two weeks, I haven't had a chance to look into it due to exams and what not. Anyways, I logged off one night and decided to buy RotHC before going to bed. Next morning I woke up and logged into SWTOR and my graphics were all distorted. Some of it is screen tearing; when I rotate the camera and move around small lines will appear. The most noticeable graphics problem occurs whenever I open an in-game interface like inventory or my map. It's as if part of the interface has been distorted and warped across my screen. For example, whenever I open my map, the elevator icon is elongated and enlarged to the point where it has taken up most of my map screen. The individual lines that form the grid of my inventory are gone and instead are warped all over my screen. Also, whenever I use my class buff ability my entire graphics go to hell until the action is over. It's just a really bizarre problem to have. Someone in genchat recommended I download a utility update for my graphics card but that didn't seem to remedy the situation. Part of me wonders if buying RotHC may have messed around with my game files?
Nudie magazine day!

Beruthien
07.25.2013 , 06:00 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings jbonbon,

To rule out any issues with the client files, please run the repair function on the launcher. To run the repair, please log in on the launcher select the cog shaped icon and then the repair option.

Please come back to us with your DxDiag if the issue remains after this.

Thank you!
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

GalaxyStrong
07.25.2013 , 07:11 PM | #3
I am having the exact same problem. I ran the repair scan but it did not come up with anything.
My DixDiag:
Spoiler
RESPECT THE EMPIRE!!!
Or YOUR A DEAD-MAN

Beruthien
07.25.2013 , 07:19 PM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings GalaxyStrong,

According to your DxDiag, your graphic card drivers are over a year old. Please download and install the latest graphic card drivers.

Please come back to us if the issue remains after this.

Thank you!

jbonbon
07.25.2013 , 08:16 PM | #5
Spoiler
Nudie magazine day!

Beruthien
07.25.2013 , 08:38 PM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings jbonbon,

Your graphic card drivers are from 2010. Please head to the AMD site directly to download and install the latest graphic card drivers.

Please come back to us if the issue remains after this.

Thank you!

jbonbon
07.25.2013 , 09:06 PM | #7
This is where I'm at after the download and I'm still having problems.

Spoiler
Nudie magazine day!

Beruthien
07.25.2013 , 09:27 PM | #8 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings jbonbon,

Based on the DxDiag the new drivers have not been properly installed. Did you restart you computer after completing the installation?

Thank you!

jbonbon
07.26.2013 , 03:44 AM | #9
I reinstalled the driver update and that seems to have done the trick. Thanks for the help!
Nudie magazine day!

GalaxyStrong
07.26.2013 , 09:37 AM | #10
updated drivers and just slightly lowered the screen resolution and now It's working perfectly. Thanks Guys
RESPECT THE EMPIRE!!!
Or YOUR A DEAD-MAN