Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Areas disappearing

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

HitokiriAkins
07.25.2013 , 10:29 PM | #1
I've had some weird issues since the last update. Now some areas disappear when I rotate my character a certain way. It happened on Balmorra in the Bonus series, and the upper Sundari area, and before I logged off, the spaceport on Quesh was doing that as well. Everything's up to date on my computer, and it only started after the latest update.

Here's my Dxdiag, in case it is my computer.

Spoiler

Please advise.
Give me a duel autodecline, please!
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=583230

Beruthien
07.25.2013 , 10:33 PM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings HitokiriAkins,

Could you please delete the DiskCacheArena file in the client installation folder (default location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor). Then go to www.swtor.com/download, download the latest launcher setup file and run it over the current installation. After this run the repair function on the launcher. To run the repair log in on the launcher, select the cog shaped icon and then the repair function.

Also it would appear that your Windows is not fully up to date, please run Windows Update and install all available updates, including service pack 1.

Please come back to us if the issue remains after this.

Thank you!
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

Kraeius
07.26.2013 , 12:34 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Beruthien View Post
Greetings HitokiriAkins,

Could you please delete the DiskCacheArena file in the client installation folder (default location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor). Then go to www.swtor.com/download, download the latest launcher setup file and run it over the current installation. After this run the repair function on the launcher. To run the repair log in on the launcher, select the cog shaped icon and then the repair function.

Also it would appear that your Windows is not fully up to date, please run Windows Update and install all available updates, including service pack 1.

Thank you!
Deleting cache file has any side-effects on game? Like, opening areas and map slower etc. Keeping that file for a long time, makes known areas opening faster?

I have the same issue btw and I did what you asked for. It happens sometimes but not evertime. Happens especially at narrow areas, like a small room.

Also, there is something I noticed as similar to that, some characters, or anything animated is not being shown. For example, while I was at entrance of a building, there are 3 animated npcs there but when I come there an other time, they all disappears. Sometimes when I'm moving around a little bit they are shown this time. If it would happen so quickly after I go that place, I would tell that still area is opening for me, but no. It happens even if I been there for a long time.

HitokiriAkins
07.26.2013 , 09:20 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Beruthien View Post
Greetings HitokiriAkins,

Thank you!
SP1 has been updated for a while, but doesn't show up for some reason. I've gone and manually downloaded it again, to be sure.

As for deleting DiskCacheArena file, it fixed the Quesh problem. I've got one more character to bring through Balmorra, so I'll be able to test it there.

As for Kraeius' problem, I've not seen any negative effects on the game. As for your other question, I've had the game since November, so I don't know if having the same thing for 9 months affects anything, though.

I'm going to check areas I've been having problems before saying this is fixed. My IT training won't let me do anything else.

HitokiriAkins
07.30.2013 , 05:07 PM | #5
It happened again. Quesh disappears and reappears. Performing the same steps fixed the problem again, but I'd like a more permanent solution, if possible.

OwenBrooks
07.31.2013 , 01:49 AM | #6
If SP1 isn't showing up, it isn't installing successfully and reverting on finish.

Win 7 Version you have - 7600.win7_gdr.110622-1503
Version you should have - 7601.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533

HitokiriAkins
07.31.2013 , 08:02 AM | #7
Okay, when dealing with the SP1 issue, which of these am I supposed to be downloading? I don't know which is which, and I don't want to install something that will screw up my computer.

Spoiler

As you can see, I'm running the x64 version of my OS.