Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Bolster for Carebears

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Bolster for Carebears

Asturias's Avatar


Asturias
07.25.2013 , 02:11 AM | #1
You know it to be true.

Why is PVE gear bolstered better than PvP gear? you didn't fix gear disparity you only shifted it to one side of the aisle and people like me who enjoy the number crunching for optimal play see this.

BioWARE you need to talk to the PvP community and address what you plan on doing to solve this because this is not fair by a long shot.

/Don't care anymore PvP Player
The greatest Star Wars story, that was ever told.
A hunter, a seeker, and a killer for hire
Asturias (Lonestar Legacy)
Jung Ma RP PvP

ManiacDavis's Avatar


ManiacDavis
07.25.2013 , 02:42 AM | #2
Guys, its ok. Bioware is going to bolster pvp gear when in an operation. This is the most logical next step.
Man-iac - The Only Commando Left Standing
http://www.twitch.tv/rrmaniac

kweassa's Avatar


kweassa
07.25.2013 , 03:02 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Asturias View Post
You know it to be true.

Why is PVE gear bolstered better than PvP gear? you didn't fix gear disparity you only shifted it to one side of the aisle and people like me who enjoy the number crunching for optimal play see this.

BioWARE you need to talk to the PvP community and address what you plan on doing to solve this because this is not fair by a long shot.

/Disgruntled PvP Player
Do you even know just how "better" the PvE gear is? That "shifted to one side of the aisle" you are talking about, is less inclined/curved than the surface of the Earth as we perceive at ground level.
"90% of PvP complaints come from people that are thoroughly unqualified to comment about anything in the first place. Stop assuming that you are a good player, then an answer will come; why you die so often, why you are CCd so often, and why you complain about healers so often - You're simply a bad player. Harsh truth."

Atramar's Avatar


Atramar
07.25.2013 , 03:17 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Asturias View Post
You know it to be true.

Why is PVE gear bolstered better than PvP gear? you didn't fix gear disparity you only shifted it to one side of the aisle and people like me who enjoy the number crunching for optimal play see this.

BioWARE you need to talk to the PvP community and address what you plan on doing to solve this because this is not fair by a long shot.

/Disgruntled PvP Player
if a guy in pve gear washed a floor with you, I'm glad we'r on different servers and will never be teamed up.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

sponym's Avatar


sponym
07.25.2013 , 03:30 AM | #5
i dont get the idea of bolser, why pve gear needs to be bolstered ? i dont get bolster in flashpoints and operations to be competitive in pve.

Endel's Avatar


Endel
07.25.2013 , 04:44 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by kweassa View Post
Do you even know just how "better" the PvE gear is? That "shifted to one side of the aisle" you are talking about, is less inclined/curved than the surface of the Earth as we perceive at ground level.
Dude, you keep repeating this in every single thread about bolster.

Even if it was 0,00000000000000000000000000001% advantage of PvE gear over PvP gear, such situation should not happen!

PvP gear in PvP environment should always be better than PvE gear. Simple as that
Scoundrel
Operative
Only a few are looking forward with optimism...

AlrikFassbauer's Avatar


AlrikFassbauer
07.25.2013 , 06:46 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by ManiacDavis View Post
Guys, its ok. Bioware is going to bolster pvp gear when in an operation. This is the most logical next step.
I thought PvP players just outright refused to do Operations ?
<S-key to victory> Because quad wheel is always better than dual wheel.

Atramar's Avatar


Atramar
07.25.2013 , 07:06 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
I thought PvP players just outright refused to do Operations ?
You'r thinking of hardcore pvpers who want lots of credits just from pvp and refuse to do dailies, crafting, gtn.

Anit bolster pvp gear diva want pve bolster so they can start doing NiM operations without even seeing SM once. Since they'r super pro and think pve is all about gear.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Avicii's Avatar


Avicii
07.25.2013 , 07:12 AM | #9
Op got his daily complaint thread in nice job sliding it in early. But it's not the gear why your getting blown up. Augment your gear, go through the transition. I just did it on a toon no problems no one exploded me unless it was 4 players. The end on the Augs help get your health up from. 24-25k range makes a huge difference much more then one thinks there is a thread where the Watchmen guild did the math not just subjective complaining.

Nut up and adjust and you will so fine. No need to complain daily case youh get destroyed.

Ghost_Spectre's Avatar


Ghost_Spectre
07.25.2013 , 07:53 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Asturias View Post
You know it to be true.

Why is PVE gear bolstered better than PvP gear? you didn't fix gear disparity you only shifted it to one side of the aisle and people like me who enjoy the number crunching for optimal play see this.

BioWARE you need to talk to the PvP community and address what you plan on doing to solve this because this is not fair by a long shot.

/Disgruntled PvP Player
You know, I call BS on this. So what if stats are better, the expertise is not. I entered in lvl 55 WZ with my jugg wearing fully purpled augmented purple 66 gear and crafted ear & implants, my expertise was 1636 with expertise stats for damage & damage reduction at 50%/25%. My stats meant nothing when facing full conqueror or partisan geared people. They were annihilating me in moments. Bolster neutralized any stat advantage I had. My 39,984 hit points were the only thing that was better than most. That was it.

Now with ear, implants, relic, belt and bracers (all augmented), my expertise is 1771 (52%/27%). I'm still less effective, but survive longer. You still have a big advantage over me and those like me. If you cannot use that advantage to defeat a pure PvE player that you claim bolster is for these "carebears," then you need to improve your play.

So all you butthurt QQers want to cry, do so, but don't sit there and tell me that because I'm in certain non-PvP gear I'm going to be better than you gear wise. Bolster neutralizes that advantage with lower expertise stats which gives full PvP geared players a distinct advantage. And to you that will say, L2P, I say F.U. and KMA. I have 2 toons at 80+ valor (87 & 85) and my Jugg is valor 65 as I haven't used him in PvP in 7 months as I concentrated on my sorcerer and sage. All you want is for PvP to be what it was before 2.0 so you can rape all players in recruit gear and reclaim your belief of being superior and pat yourselves on your back for your super l33t skilled professionals.