Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kitru's New Class Idea

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Kitru's New Class Idea

inocelda
07.12.2013 , 10:21 PM | #111
Wow..you obviously have a lot of free time on your hands and a LOT more interest in Star Wars than most people who play this game. BioWare should seriously take a look at this since you put an incredible amount of work into it. Good job Kitru
Inovisible of Jedi Covenant (Retired)
My Spreadsheets

DarthEshla
07.14.2013 , 11:49 AM | #112
I always thought the sith necromancer would be a cool class. Maybe something like the jedi general for the matching class on the pubs side.

Kitru
07.14.2013 , 01:41 PM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthEshla View Post
I always thought the sith necromancer would be a cool class. Maybe something like the jedi general for the matching class on the pubs side.
I'm actually working on another class that will have Sith Alchemist as one of the ACs, with Beastmaster as the other. Alchemist uses mutated monstrosities whereas Beastmaster uses incredibly powerful and loyal natural creatures (I keep debating whether I want the top of the Beastmaster unique DPS tree to be a Rancor...).
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

Orionan
07.20.2013 , 02:13 PM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
I'm actually working on another class that will have Sith Alchemist as one of the ACs, with Beastmaster as the other. Alchemist uses mutated monstrosities whereas Beastmaster uses incredibly powerful and loyal natural creatures (I keep debating whether I want the top of the Beastmaster unique DPS tree to be a Rancor...).
I really like the idea of alchemists and beast masters. i also notiiced that there is space on most orbital stations for two more class locked docking bays too, so hopefully we'll see a new class in the next 2 years. would really like to see how yuo would do up the alchemist/beastmaster. rancor or terentek would be cool though, terrentek would show absolute mastery considering they are force resistant darkside monstrosities

bsweitzer
07.22.2013 , 11:57 PM | #115
Awesome. The stories themselves are great. Thank you so much for a preview and insight into your world. I hope this can make it into the game one day. Truly amazing.
Korrack Horn - Mercenary
Legion of Liath - Jung Ma Server
Join us at Legion
Verd ori'shya beskar'gam

Devilk
07.30.2013 , 03:55 PM | #116
Bioware has not even acknowledged this?

plokolplok
07.30.2013 , 09:14 PM | #117
Nice work! I really admire the level of detail you put into making this class, even with Star Wars lore!
Definetely a plus one!

I also loosely, noobishly design classes/specs on my free time, and this class perfectly matches a Cloud/Celestial/Mountain Monk-type class I'm also building up (only difference i think is that I use spec-based dragon strikes as combo finishers). It's really amazing how intuitive class types are, and how similar different games and different minds conceptualize different classes. (Well, I think except the Scoundrel Heals, if I remember correctly, only SWTOR had the lore to add a tech-based healing spec as unique as the Sawbones spec. idk lol.)

Let me share some i-think-you-already-know-but-ill-still-post-it-here terms, for some of your unnamed skills . Brainstorm! I like to brainstorm!
Mountain (Earth): Tremors, Crag, Stoneform, Stability, Biding Strength/Bide, Boulder[b/d]ash (but i like the rolling stone - gather moss thing you did there )
Celestial (Water): glide, stream, splash, tide, flow, melt, graceful strikes, fluid movement, steady flow, redirection, follow through
Celestial (Spirit): sun/solar, moon/lunar, star/stellar, comet, meteor, aand i cant think of any other term -- chi strike, chi wreck, unstable chi, disruption, agony
Celestial (Fire): comet, meteor, burn, strike, tongue, lash, piercing flames -- ugh, stop, sorry, fire terms are so common. x_x
Cloud (Air): zephyr, tempest, gale, gust, draft, breeze, swell, shear, whip, lash, flurry, glide, flight, float, leap, mist, mist form, rolling clouds, slipstream, etc.

Also, I though the Thrysian mirror would most likely use blood, flesh, mind, and other gory and INTERNAL human-body terms (think Brawler/Gladiator; also, it complements the Echani that use EXTERNAL elements). Although some terms are already taken by smugglers and JK's/SW's.
So, i thought, somewhere along the lines of: gore, gouge, bleed, hemmorage, concussion, ail, execute, felling blow, blood, burning blood, bloodboil, bloodbath, berserk, toughness, tenacity, challenging roar, charge, cower, flurry, leap, agility training, dirty fighting, brawl, etc.
-- But then I read the storyline :P. The class was actually on the valorous side of Brawlers and Gladiators, and they were more like Thyrsian Guards and Thyrsian Champions. Maybe they ARE guards/champions, that *high pitch* fight like brawlers/gladiators , idk haha. :P
Guards and Champions would then have skill name sets similar to the JK trees, with names more relating to virtues (cardinal virtues would be a good choice).
Or, or, you can also rename the AC's from Brawler, to Guard/Champion/Gladiator (the one with the tank spec); and from Gladiator to Striker/Brawler/Gladiator/Berserker (DOT and mobility-based DPS spec).

TLDR: fan-guy noooob post talking to a pro. whohoo lol.
Quote:
The Force guide you and keep you;
The Force make its face shine on you, and be gracious to you;
The Force turn fate towards you, and give you peace~.

plokolplok
07.30.2013 , 09:31 PM | #118
I'm excited to see the Alchemist/Beastmaster pages! DD.
IMO, these classes can easily intertwine with Star Wars lore, maybe even easier compared to the Echani/Thrysian classes, (but then again, I know little about Star Wars canon).

It will be interesting to see the gameplay changes as well if these classes make it through. (Echani/Thrysian just adds another melee/ranged character on the brawl - another character with unique skills, but add in a character that has a combat pet, hmm, it adds a whole new level of combat mechanics, control, and tactics). Or so i think, we'll see with how you thought these classes through.
Quote:

Kitru
07.30.2013 , 10:45 PM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by plokolplok View Post
(but i like the rolling stone - gather moss thing you did there )
I originally had it as "Rocks Fall..." and "...Everyone Dies" but effects I came up with didn't jive with the name.

I'm rebuilding the mechanics of the Force Adept and Imperial Fanatic, but I'm having some issues getting the two to grok with one another, especially since I *really* like the idea of both of these classes as double mainstat classes (Echani/Thyrsian as Cunning/Strength; Adept/Fanatic as Aim/Willpower) and I've having some problems tweaking the desired themes and mechanics to work together as mirrors (Adept is intended to move into Mystic, Force heavy ranged DPS, and Beastmaster, DPS or healer; Fanatic as Guardsman and Alchemist; Alchemist and Beastmaster mirror seamlessly, but I'm having problems getting the Guardsman to mirror the Mystic and vice versa). The stories are mostly done (just Act 3 for the Fanatic remaining).
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

plokolplok
07.31.2013 , 07:01 PM | #120
Hmm, Mystic and Guardsman.. the only viable option for me is to keep one and change the other.

What I'd do for this case is weigh in how the Mystic's skills relate with the Beastmaster, and how being a Mystic/Beastmaster would fit the Adept storyline. Then compare it with how the Guardsman's skills relate with the Alchemist, and how being a Guardsman/Alchemist would fit the Fanatic storyline.

Whichever makes more sense (or connections), stays, then the other will need some re-imagining.

From what I see here, given the names and roles, the Mystic would easily match the Beastmaster's skills (thinking of the shared tree) and it is a logical extension for the Adept if the class leans to focus towards the Force.

The Guardsman, however, would most likely be in it because the class is a Fanatic. Fanatics leaning towards preservation, yes, can be called Guardsmen in a dark, creepy sense. Guardsmanship may also be the heart of your storyline, idk, so changing the AC name may also make changes to your story. And I can't see a good mix if I try to think of a shared Alchemist spec.. But the name also connotes a tank spec, so, hmm.

Running through the related terms for Fanatic that i can think of so it matches the possible storyline, mirror the Mystic, and jive with the Alchemist, I think these possible AC names can help, IF you would want to change the Guardsman AC (which would change A LOT to what you have now):
Extremist, Cultist, Zealot, Abomination, Aberrant, Recluse, Heretic, Apostate.

Changing the other end will only be better IMO, if and only if the heart of the Fanatic storylint leans more towards being a Guardsman and if the Guardsman and Alchemist has a good inter-AC jivyness between them. With that, you can switch from a force-heavy Mystic to a guardy-guardy Ranger/Keeper.

My two cents.
Quote: