Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender romance discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender romance discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Zandilar
07.20.2013 , 08:32 PM | #1631
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
Is it really that much more? I got the feeling it was just more flirts.

I think I'm more disappointed with Treek being introduced and not Lord Cytharat and Lemda or a new companion that could be SGR than Treek being an Ewok.
The problem is:

Cytharat:
Spoiler

Lemda:
Spoiler
Zandilar, an Australian, IN SPAAAAAAAACCCCEEEEE!!
Too many characters, most of them Chiss.

thegrognard
07.21.2013 , 01:47 AM | #1632
Is it really that much more? I got the feeling it was just more flirts.

I think I'm more disappointed with Treek being introduced and not Lord Cytharat and Lemda or a new companion that could be SGR than Treek being an Ewok.
I believe it is just flirts for the time being, but I'm saying that I'm happy that they're atleast building up their way towards what was promised to us, however I do feel somewhat frustraited that they havn't brought in something that was meant to be installed pre-launch and then, due to time constraints, promised it'd be "soon" post-launch and yet it's been about...a year so far? Yet still not done.

However I do believe that they need to keep the income coming in by making bug fixes, new content and so on to bring in new players and keep old players. Unfortunately it feels at times as if SGRAs are very low on the list.

Also about the Ewok...I just had to laugh when I saw her cause I was thinking "God I hope she's not romancable" I would definantly like to see a few new and old companions SGRable.

SithKoriandr
07.21.2013 , 09:17 AM | #1633
Quote: Originally Posted by Zandilar View Post
The problem is:

Cytharat:
Spoiler
Spoiler

Quote:
Lemda:
Spoiler
Her as a healer role wouldn't be bad, because a lot of the healer companions aren't really in the medical field. Like you said, they just get put into that role.

Theran, Mako, Talos, all come to mind as not being healers. Doc, Elara and Lokin are the only ones I can think of, that actually come off as being in the healing profession. Quinn I would've thought fit the DPS role more than the healer role.

Spoiler

But I mention them because we have connections to them already. In fact, I'd actually love it if they made multiple (SGR or not) NPCs from planet quests as companions!
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Zandilar
07.22.2013 , 04:55 AM | #1634
Spoiler
Spoiler

Quote:
Theran, Mako, Talos, all come to mind as not being healers. Doc, Elara and Lokin are the only ones I can think of, that actually come off as being in the healing profession. Quinn I would've thought fit the DPS role more than the healer role.
You've definitely got a point there. I guess healing technologies are easy enough to use that anyone with a modicum of training can use them.

Quote:
Spoiler
Spoiler

Quote:
But I mention them because we have connections to them already. In fact, I'd actually love it if they made multiple (SGR or not) NPCs from planet quests as companions!
I definitely liked Lemda (in spite of the <spoilers>), and Cytharat isn't too bad for a Sith Pureblood male. I don't think I'd object to either of them being companions.

I agree about planet quest NPCs as companions too, there are some very interesting characters that seem woefully under utilized. Sadly a couple of the more interesting ones

Spoiler

However, I can't help but think that there is such a thing as too many companion characters. It is part of the reason why I'd like to see some of the current companions adapted to SGRAs.
Zandilar, an Australian, IN SPAAAAAAAACCCCEEEEE!!
Too many characters, most of them Chiss.

SithKoriandr
07.22.2013 , 08:41 AM | #1635
Quote: Originally Posted by Zandilar View Post
I agree about planet quest NPCs as companions too, there are some very interesting characters that seem woefully under utilized. Sadly a couple of the more interesting ones

Spoiler

However, I can't help but think that there is such a thing as too many companion characters. It is part of the reason why I'd like to see some of the current companions adapted to SGRAs.
If they limit some of the companions to being strictly Republic or Empire aligned companions, it may be less of an issue. Possibly at some point have one companion leave if you get to a certain point, so that you can switch your crew about

Probably wishful thinking, as it'd probably be to much work for BW to even consider even if it was a CM option.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

frankiejo
07.22.2013 , 11:17 AM | #1636
Quote: Originally Posted by markcymru View Post
So... why bother posting then? Especially since your next comment is incomprehensible.
Does anyone have a clue what this means? It seems like it should mean something, but I DK what.
Jesus are you dense or what, she was asking how Bioware could include homosexual content in ME2, after it had already been released. I answered her, they could do so by release a downloadable content. Fire island is a famously homosexual vacation spot. By setting a downloadable content there they would be including homosexual content in an already completed game. You people have the sense of humor of dead wood.
Bergeron Colony
Khaeldar - Marauder
Beth'adone - Operative
P-Chloride - Sorcerer

AbsolutGrndZero
07.22.2013 , 08:55 PM | #1637
Quote: Originally Posted by frankiejo View Post
Jesus are you dense or what, she was asking how Bioware could include homosexual content in ME2, after it had already been released. I answered her, they could do so by release a downloadable content. Fire island is a famously homosexual vacation spot. By setting a downloadable content there they would be including homosexual content in an already completed game. You people have the sense of humor of dead wood.
Um right, and everyone in this thread is a homosexual that has heard of Fire Island.
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain

Noremacv
07.22.2013 , 09:40 PM | #1638
Quote: Originally Posted by AbsolutGrndZero View Post
Um right, and everyone in this thread is a homosexual that has heard of Fire Island.
I'm sure there are some homosexuals that HAVEN'T :P
55 Sith Juggernaut 55 Sith Marauder
55 Sith Assassin 55 Sith Sorcerer
55 Powertech

Tatile
07.23.2013 , 01:05 AM | #1639
Quote: Originally Posted by AbsolutGrndZero View Post
Guy's just angry because his cryptic nonsense was revealed as being cryptic nonsense rather than the cutting and classic repartee he was hoping for - instead of trying to explain himself, he goes straight (hah) towards insulting other people's intelligence as a defense.

Genious.

Also it's fairly obvious that he hasn't read the thread nor cares for the subject, because otherwise he would know how often people waltz in here with sound bite ideas, thinking they're witty and new.

Dominoris
07.24.2013 , 01:57 PM | #1640
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Also it's fairly obvious that he hasn't read the thread nor cares for the subject, because otherwise he would know how often people waltz in here with sound bite ideas, thinking they're witty and new.
Post mortem schizophrenia.

You mean like that?

(and no, it does not mean a thing; just random words)
Clones are people two.